Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

44 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'll be a bit more confident after todays game and celtics trip to the Tony Mac...

Celtic’s form in the last six games is; WWWLDD. To overtake us, they’d have to maintain a winning streak double that of anything they’ve managed this season, and have us lose multiple league games on the bounce. Rangers haven’t lost two games on the bounce in any competition under Gerrard. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
See what happens when I start to feel confident? 

This might have matter 4 or 5 weeks ago m8. Now you are just looking a bit small time

Your area of expertise tbf.

6 hours ago, Orbix said:

Celtic’s form in the last six games is; WWWLDD. To overtake us, they’d have to maintain a winning streak double that of anything they’ve managed this season, and have us lose multiple league games on the bounce. Rangers haven’t lost two games on the bounce in any competition under Gerrard. 

We've only dropped 6 points so far which is as good as any previous teams that I can remember but a few bad results coupled with some good form for them could see us under pressure.  

Missing Jack, Arfield and Roofe has hampered our play a fair bit, hopefully we start getting them back playing soon.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've only dropped 6 points so far which is as good as any previous teams that I can remember but a few bad results coupled with some good form for them could see us under pressure.  

Missing Jack, Arfield and Roofe has hampered our play a fair bit, hopefully we start getting them back playing soon.

Hopefully all three fit soon so that Aribo can be dropped. Two games in a row he’s been next to useless, and two games in a row Rangers have conceded a soft goal due to him daydreaming and/or being lazy.

We are starting games really slowly compared to earlier in the season. In the first 3-4 months of the campaign it was near every game bar one or two that we were at least 1 nil up in the first 20 minutes. Now every first half is slow to start. Our first half performance against Aberdeen was the best in a while.

13 minutes ago, DMCs said:

We are starting games really slowly compared to earlier in the season. In the first 3-4 months of the campaign it was near every game bar one or two that we were at least 1 nil up in the first 20 minutes. Now every first half is slow to start. Our first half performance against Aberdeen was the best in a while.

I've noticed this as well. I'm guessing it's probably got something to do with teams now being more clued up on how to try and combat our style of play so it takes us a little while to either get into a rhythm or make a tweak to give us the upper hand.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've noticed this as well. I'm guessing it's probably got something to do with teams now being more clued up on how to try and combat our style of play so it takes us a little while to either get into a rhythm or make a tweak to give us the upper hand.

Yeah I think it comes down to teams are throwing something different at us that we're unprepared for each game. It then takes us 15 - 20 minutes to work out where the space is.

Plus we've had a solid run of away fixtures and tough games recently. Let's see what Ross County at home looks like.