Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

As the weeks go on I have this fear that this team will go the league season unbeaten.

Is that a distinct feeling amongst the support?

"Just get us over the line" is the predominant mood.

The real prize is winning every game in a league season but that is much harder than when we last did it.

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

I see Umar Sadiq is still class.

Google his name and one of the first things that comes up is a video titled "This is why Manchester United want to sign Umar Sadiq" :lol:

There is no explaining Sadiq as a player. Constantly looks like he doesn't know where his own legs are yet he bangs in goals in (nearly) every league he's been in.

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

There is no explaining Sadiq as a player. Constantly looks like he doesn't know where his own legs are yet he bangs in goals in (nearly) every league he's been in.

What's he bloody doing there! 

Did he ever play for the RFC first team?

Because I was one of the few hundred who saw him play for Rangers Colts v Hartley's haddies at Forthbank in the Challenge Cup.

He looked utterly disinterested but still dangerous. I seem to recall Zak Rudden scored for you guys but I hope you freed the entirety of your team afterwards because you conceded a goal, shamefully, to Dennon Lewis aka The Worst Football Player In History.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Because I was one of the few hundred who saw him play for Rangers Colts v Hartley's haddies at Forthbank in the Challenge Cup.

He looked utterly disinterested but still dangerous. I seem to recall Zak Rudden scored for you guys but I hope you freed the entirety of your team afterwards because you conceded a goal, shamefully, to Dennon Lewis aka The Worst Football Player In History.

He most notably lined up for us against Aberdeen in a League Cup Semi Final as we had no other available strikers (Morelos suspended and Lafferty injured I believe).

At 0-0, he was played through one on one with the keeper and knocked the ball round him. Rather than just tuck the ball into an empty net, he feigned contact with the keeper and dived. No penalty was awarded, Aberdeen went on to win the game and Umar's time at Ibrox was over.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Against Aberdeen, wasn't very good and got scapegoated. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

He most notably lined up for us against Aberdeen in a League Cup Semi Final as we had no other available strikers (Morelos suspended and Lafferty injured I believe).

At 0-0, he was played through one on one with the keeper and knocked the ball round him. Rather than just tuck the ball into an empty net, he feigned contact with the keeper and dived. No penalty was awarded, Aberdeen went on to win the game and Umar's time at Ibrox was over.

Ah that rings a bell.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Too soon, mate.  Too soon.

I know I am late to the party with this one but have just read the pathetic comments of  Irishbhoy. 

Now I am no fan of Rangers nor the other half of their Old Firm opponents but I take issue with his attack on the working class.

I am a proud working class council scheme boy brought up by a hard working bricklayer and an equally hard working shop assistant. 

I have done ok in life, not rich by any means but thankfully able to afford some of life's little luxuries.

This is thanks to the hard working ethos that was instilled by wonderful parents.

Some are not so lucky and not always through their own doing.

I am happy to call out sectarianism as it is clearly wrong.

I may not agree politically with a lot of the Rangers supporters on here but I respect their right to them.

How dare this clown attack the working the class.

We are the backbone of this country. 

Edited by WilliamBragg

6 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

I know I am late to the party with this one but have just read the pathetic comments of  Irishbhoy. 

Now I am no fan of Rangers nor the other half of their Old Firm opponents but I take issue with his attack on the working class.

I am a proud working class council scheme boy brought up by a hard working bricklayer and an equally hard working shop assistant. 

I have done ok in life, not rich by any means but thankfully able to afford some of life's little luxuries.

This is thanks to the hard working ethos that was instilled by wonderful parents.

Some are not so lucky and not always through their own doing.

I am happy to call out sectarianism as it is clearly wrong.

I may not agree politically with a lot of the Rangers supporters on here but I respect their right to them.

How dare this clown attack the working the class.

We are the backbone of this country. 

He went awfully quiet on the subject, trying to change the argument after getting called out for it. Either realised he’d made a fool of himself or doesn’t like people disagreeing with him.

On 12/01/2021 at 13:12, G51 said:

They are shite but I think they'll crack 80 points. If they maintain current pace, they'll end up about 83/84 points.

If we assume we win the other two old firms, Celtic don’t crack 75 on their current form...PPG of 1.95 with 15 left to play. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm beginning to think that we might win the league this season. 

Given your betting prowess I'm not listening to you.

1 hour ago, BigBo10 said:

Me too but there’s still a niggle at the back my head that won’t allow me to say out loud that it’s...

Aye.  We well know we can make an arse of ourselves.  Three points tomorrow would help, though.