Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Obviously well intentioned and should be applauded but does that not add to the risk of them playing games?

A similar thought crossed my mind as well. I would imagine that they'd be able to isolate it from the day-to-day running of the club. For example they may use the facilities in the Govan stand for the vaccinations while keeping the main stand available for the day-to-day stuff.

A football stadium seems like the ideal sort of setting to be able to do this sort of thing safely. Loads of space, loads of ways in and out to ensure high flow of one way traffic, outdoor, can get a few lads with a weed killer backpack full of sanitizer to blast every possible surface before and after, big open surface in the middle to lob up a few tents.

Hopefully this and a few more get taken up. These are places tried and tested for literally thousand of people to show up to and get away from with ease over a short space of time

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

A similar thought crossed my mind as well. I would imagine that they'd be able to isolate it from the day-to-day running of the club. For example they may use the facilities in the Govan stand for the vaccinations while keeping the main stand available for the day-to-day stuff.

That's good then. I've never been to Ibrox so had no clue around the actual set up but if they can use separate stands for the day to day then that would be fine. Was more worried about match day staff coming in on the day of a game and traces being left behind.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A football stadium seems like the ideal sort of setting to be able to do this sort of thing safely. Loads of space, loads of ways in and out to ensure high flow of one way traffic, outdoor, can get a few lads with a weed killer backpack full of sanitizer to blast every possible surface before and after, big open surface in the middle to lob up a few tents.

Hopefully this and a few more get taken up. These are places tried and tested for literally thousand of people to show up to and get away from with ease over a short space of time

Yeah, agreed. Ibrox is obviously a massive ground in comparison to most in Scotland also.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why not put Celtic at 200/1 to then?

Because the implied probability of a 200/1 shot is slightly less than 0.5%.

If the bookies only ever offered odds that added up to a combined probability of exactly 100%, they wouldn't make any money. Implied probabilities on a market always add up to about 105/106%.

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If only the **** had written to "her majesty's government" offering to pay their tax bill.

I don't understand why you're so upset about a football team offering it's facilities to speed up the vaccination process. The letter was sent to the Scottish Government as well FWIW.

I don't understand why you're so upset about a football team offering it's facilities to speed up the vaccination process. The letter was sent to the Scottish Government as well FWIW.
Just seems a bit daft offering the use of the stadium to a country that has nothing to do with heath care or organising the vaccination in Scotland. A slight oversight perhaps.

As already mentioned,  a large stadium with stands that can be isolated from each other, plenty of parking and entrances/exits and good transport links. 

Not getting why Romeo isn't happy,  put rivalries aside.

As already mentioned,  a large stadium with stands that can be isolated from each other, plenty of parking and entrances/exits and good transport links. 

Not getting why Romeo isn't happy,  put rivalries aside.

Folk getting rattled at Rangers offering Ibrox as a vaccination centre is amusing.
Calm down lads..

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:
12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Just seems a bit daft offering the use of the stadium to a country that has nothing to do with heath care or organising the vaccination in Scotland. A slight oversight perhaps.

HMG still retains a role in the vaccination process in Scotland, because they're a) procuring the vaccine, and b) deploying personnel from the military to participate in the rollout.