Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'll be interested to see if Alexander organises Motherwell into the 5-5-0 again.

As we saw, he was at Pittodrie yesterday so I wonder what tips he picked up.  Try and disrupt us as A'deen did effectively for 20 mins?  Try and sit in for 90 mins?

No idea - so will be interesting to see what the dossers think when they make a match thread.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As we saw, he was at Pittodrie yesterday so I wonder what tips he picked up.  Try and disrupt us as A'deen did effectively for 20 mins?  Try and sit in for 90 mins?

No idea - so will be interesting to see what the dossers think when they make a match thread.

He won't be learning much from that Aberdeen game tbh. What he might try is push three up when we have the ball at the back - block the pass into the full backs and man-mark Davis. Seems to be the new tactic for trying to stop us playing.

34 points required btw.

Anyone else get the sense the more Celticky journo’s will now try to create the narrative that the season can’t possibly be finished just so Rangers’ title celebrations are muted added to the fact they can say we never really won it?:..

16 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Anyone else get the sense the more Celticky journo’s will now try to create the narrative that the season can’t possibly be finished just so Rangers’ title celebrations are muted added to the fact they can say we never really won it?:..

Nah.  I think that's FF levels of conspiracy.

The average journo isn't that bright and will go with the copy that gets the biggest number of hits and, right now, that is us.

Also, we've seen, even on our own forum, that the worm has turned and Celtic being in disarray is a good laugh - even if some are slow to catch up with it - and here I am looking at @Merkland Red.

So no conspiracy theory here.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No one could have predicted the Dubai fall out, Hibs taking a point tonight and 'them' facing Livi with a deplete squad.

Sat/Sun will be fascinating*.  There were times yesterday - from about the 20th to the 60th minutes - when we played some really decent football but we need that for 90 mins on Sunday.

*Nail-biting.

I'm getting very close to accepting and embracing that it's over. Some questions still to be answered but I think we will know by the time we play in Europe again whether it's already done (if not mathematically then practically) or if we still have some work to do.

I suspect 90+ points will be enough so only 9 more wins.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Updated title odds on Betfair:

Rangers 1/200 - implied odds of 99.5%

Celtic 14/1 - implied odds of 6.67%

Anyone who still believes in a Celtic title challenge can make a lot of money from backing it.

1/200, as a non gambler how does that work?

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

82 points (+/-2) will do it. People forget that Celtic are shite just up until they play. It’s amazing.

They are shite but I think they'll crack 80 points. If they maintain current pace, they'll end up about 83/84 points.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

They are shite but I think they'll crack 80 points. If they maintain current pace, they'll end up about 83/84 points.

Think we’ll understand more after the two Livi games, but I think the back half of the season they drop down closer to a PPG of two because they’re massively unfit and the players won’t give a shit.

I'm not ready to claim that the title is won but, barring an absolute catastrophe or covid outbreak, I just can't see Rangers dropping 12 more points than Celtic between now and the end of the season.

With that being said, I just can't seem to find myself relaxed with the position we are in which sounds ridiculous given the current gap between the teams.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not ready to claim that the title is won but, barring an absolute catastrophe or covid outbreak, I just can't see Rangers dropping 12 more points than Celtic between now and the end of the season.

With that being said, I just can't seem to find myself relaxed with the position we are in which sounds ridiculous given the current gap between the teams.

Celtic have beaten one top-six side since Hibs in September, and that was Dundee United just after Christmas.

They now play Livi twice and have Aberdeen twice and us once before the split.

I don't see them putting the run together that would be required.

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s done, mate.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic have beaten one top-six side since Hibs in September, and that was Dundee United just after Christmas.

They now play Livi twice and have Aberdeen twice and us once before the split.

I don't see them putting the run together that would be required.

Correct.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

The rest of the world has moved onto next season in terms of who wins the Scottish Premiership.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Same here, but I think the past ten years has made me cynical and anxious.

I've been nervier watching the past few league matches than I've been in a long time, even if it isn't particularly logical.