Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I didn't read the article but I'll comment anyway.  £50M for Goldson is just nonsense from Eck.  BUT Goldson is having the season of his life and is irreplaceable for us at the moment.  Solid in defence, likes a goal and not afraid to play, often decent, long diagonals?  Best CB in Scotland right now by a considerable distance.

Spot on.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

How can we be obsessed if we cant watch a video of Sevco for more than 15 seconds? I suggest all you orcs perhaps arrange a set pish to spout that doesn’t contradict each other.

The guy is actually very decent on the price of football podcast. He comes up with all sort of irregularities etc in finance in football, they predicted the Wigan debacle well ahead of any main stream papers.

His mentions when he tweets about Rangers or Celtic must be frigging brutal. I feel bad for the guy when he does it tbh.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

The correlation is you had ex-players touting McKenna as a £10m rated player which is more than 3 times what he went for.

As far as I was aware, no club offered to meet that. Villa offered an initial loan with the option to buy for £6.5m. Essentially, they wanted a loan deal with the option to just send him back if they wanted, no obligation to buy.

Regardless of what fans think, a player is only worth what any team is willing to pay for them if the selling club agree to sell at that price. Alex McLeish can say that Goldson is worth £50m if he wants, but if no one  is willing to pay that price then he isn’t, if someone is willing to pay that fee then he is.

5 hours ago, kent_don said:

Connor Goldson for 50 million? Wowsers.

The club must be getting close to another ‘financial reset’.

He's been insanely good this season ri be fair but £50m is obviously daft. His long range passing is something else as well. 

This pass was pure class for instance. Or the pass that put Kent through against Benfica before Otamendi fouled him as the last man. Apologies for posting an instance against your team btw...

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I didn't read the article but I'll comment anyway.  £50M for Goldson is just nonsense from Eck.  BUT Goldson is having the season of his life and is irreplaceable for us at the moment.  Solid in defence, likes a goal and not afraid to play, often decent, long diagonals?  Best CB in Scotland right now by a considerable distance.

Having a great season. No doubt about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDXspMeMAmw

Couldn't stop laughing at this interview with McGregor.

Firstly, because they've had to subtitle him.

Secondly, because of his reaction when he's asked who would be most likely to be singing from the stands. "Well it depends what we're singing here.." and then realises the territory he's getting himself into.

Great goal by Roofe, said before he signed he'd be an excellent addition and it's beginning to look that way. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's away before Morelos tbh. How the hell were Rangers not awarded a penalty for the Benfica defender handling it in his own box?! Dearie me. 

Benfica equaliser were gloriously well worked. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Great goal by Roofe, said before he signed he'd be an excellent addition and it's beginning to look that way. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's away before Morelos tbh. How the hell were Rangers not awarded a penalty for the Benfica defender handling it in his own box?! Dearie me. 

Benfica equaliser were gloriously well worked. 

I don't like to take his name in vain, but Roofe is giving me that funny feeling in my tummy that Jelavic used to give me.

I just want a bag of cans and Nikica Jelavic back.

I see there’s been an interview with Jack Wilshere where he was directly questioned about the links with Rangers.

He has said to the effect that he hadn’t considered playing in Scotland before and now that Gerrard is manager the door isn’t closed but added it wouldn’t be his first choice of club.

So I think it’s fair to say the chances of him signing would be pretty low at this point.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

I see there’s been an interview with Jack Wilshere where he was directly questioned about the links with Rangers.

He has said to the effect that he hadn’t considered playing in Scotland before and now that Gerrard is manager the door isn’t closed but added it wouldn’t be his first choice of club.

So I think it’s fair to say the chances of him signing would be pretty low at this point.

Probably for the best tbf.

It had to happen eventually. 

🗒️
PLAYER UPDATE: Rangers can confirm that Filip Helander has returned a positive test for Covid-19. He will self isolate in line with government guidelines. We wish Filip well and look forward to his return to our squad