Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just heared that Jordan Jones and George Edmundson have both been goven 7 match bans by the SFA because of the COVID-19 breaches.

Im still waiting for the results of the killy and st mirren investigations but i saw this and though it would be wise to post it.

Edited by Phillips455

16 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just heared that Jordan Jones and George Edmundson have both been goven 7 match bans by the SFA because of the COVID-19 breaches.

Im still waiting for the results of the killy and st mirren investigations but i saw this and though it would be wise to post it.

Given the punishments handed out to Celtic and Aberdeen players at the start of the season, this seems rather harsh. You would have to think that what Bolingoli and the Aberdeen eight did was worse than the two Rangers players being at a party. However since it’s Rangers I’m fine with this. A Rangers statement incoming?

25 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

The pair of them should be hunted at the first opportunity, just no excusing their behaviour. 

Seeing people comparing their bans to Bolingoli's (sp) And the sheep players.  I'm  guessing that the leniency shown previously hadn't worked, hence the longer bans to these two morons.

Edited by bennett
Copying king Joey's spelling

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given the punishments handed out to Celtic and Aberdeen players at the start of the season, this seems rather harsh. You would have to think that what Bolingoli and the Aberdeen eight did was worse than the two Rangers players being at a party. However since it’s Rangers I’m fine with this. A Rangers statement incoming?

I'd presume clubs have been warned that any further breaches would lead to harsher punishments.

I don't have too many complaints despite the difference in punishment compared to earlier breaches.

As mentioned, it's likely due to them imposing harsher punishments to hammer the message that this type of thing isn't and has never been acceptable. I'd be surprised if Rangers voice any complaints.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen and Celtic were also heavily punished though - have Rangers been?

48 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Aberdeen and Celtic were also heavily punished though - have Rangers been?

I've seen this appearing on social media sites,  a momentum is rapidly growing to get Sevco banned and docked points.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've seen this appearing on social media sites,  a momentum is rapidly growing to get Sevco banned and docked points.

Very difficult to punish a club who haven't broken any rules.

Although as we saw with what the corrupt SPFL did to the Heart of the Midlothian, that probably won't stop them!!!

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Jones won't play again for us anyway. He's taken the pish one too many times.

No idea about Edmundson.

I think Rangers are currently in a good position to be able to sell both at the first opportunity if a reasonable bid comes in for either. 

It’s fairly evident Jones doesn’t feature too heavily in Gerrards plans, with Aribo and Hagi well ahead in the pecking order. 

Similarly, Goldson, Helander and Balogun are the regular centre backs, with ample cover in Katic when he recovers from injury and Calvin Bassey who could also provide cover in the centre of defence as well as left back. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

I think Rangers are currently in a good position to be able to sell both at the first opportunity if a reasonable bid comes in for either. 

It’s fairly evident Jones doesn’t feature too heavily in Gerrards plans, with Aribo and Hagi well ahead in the pecking order. 

Similarly, Goldson, Helander and Balogun are the regular centre backs, with ample cover in Katic when he recovers from injury and Calvin Bassey who could also provide cover in the centre of defence as well as left back. 

My prediction: Jones and Edmundson are sold in January. Katic is back by the end of January so no need to replace Edmundson, and Kai Kennedy signs a new contract, finishes his loan and takes Jones's place in the squad.

At the end of the day if the clubs can prove they have provided protection and testing then its the players who should get hammered really. If theres that many who have been proven to breach the rules that causes a postponement then we can talk points being awarded to the other team but hopefully it never comes to that this season.

30 minutes ago, G51 said:

Very difficult to punish a club who haven't broken any rules.

Although as we saw with what the corrupt SPFL did to the Heart of the Midlothian, that probably won't stop them!!!

They've already said that no action can be taken against the club thanks to our prompt and responsible actions.

The moonhowlers will nonetheless howl about it.

No they weren't

Whatever the scot govt called it both Aberdeen and Celtic were prevented from playing for 2 games each because of player breaches, just hope one or both of them call out the govt for using them as political tools to cover up their f**k up.

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Whatever the scot govt called it both Aberdeen and Celtic were prevented from playing for 2 games each because of player breaches, just hope one or both of them call out the govt for using them as political tools to cover up their f**k up.

Having games postponed isn't a punishment. Having games forfeited is.

Did I agree with Ms Sturgeon's decision to postpone the Aberdeen and Celtic games? No, I did not.

Did I see why it was a vital thing to do to ensure the health and safety of all footballer players in Scotland? Again, no.

Did I think it's very funny that this happened while Rangers were later correctly praised for their swift and brutal responses to Jones and Edmundson? Yes. 100%.

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So neither celtic or Aberdeen received a 2 match ban.

Thank you.

Aberdeen and celtic were given the warning shots. The players in this, having seen what was handed out did as they pleased anyway.
Giving the players a ban that's harsher than previous is showing its not to be taken lightly.
Hell mend the ones that breach next as I get the feeling a longer ban or forfeiture will not be far off