Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Bassey for me looks like a left sided central defender who is learning to be a left back. Looks a handy player though. Fucking unit too. Wonder who’d win a square go between him and Edmundson.

I think that's where he ends up yeah, but he can definitely do a job at LB in the softer games.

Didn't have a great game today but you'll get that from him while he's still learning.

On 24/10/2020 at 10:17, G51 said:

Thinking about Bassey and what he ends up looking like once he fully develops. I actually think his best position will end up being one that we don’t play atm - the LCB of a back three. 

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Bassey for me looks like a left sided central defender who is learning to be a left back.

You two singing from the same hymn sheet.

I thought Bassey did fine today and we kept our shape well despite our changes.  Aye, we could have been better but Livi's HT adaptations were effective.

0-2, 0-2 and 2-0 though?  Not a bad return.

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You two singing from the same hymn sheet.

I thought Bassey did fine today and we kept our shape well despite our changes.  Aye, we could have been better but Livi's HT adaptations were effective.

0-2, 0-2 and 2-0 though?  Not a bad return.

We can't really ask for more than what we've seen in October. Great run of both performances and results.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

We can't really ask for more than what we've seen in October. Great run of both performances and results.

And remarkably little drama across 270 mins of football but a couple of moments of magic.

I loved Defoe's goal today.  So simple yet taken so well:

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Unless Celtic change Lennon there’s only going to be one winner in the league. They need a new manger and to sort out key positions and player selection is all over the place.

Could even afford to lose Morelos in January this time.

Roofe is a better fit for the way we play than Morelos IMO. Morelos still has the higher upside and is the matchwinner, but Roofes movement is key. He pulls defenders everywhere.

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And remarkably little drama across 270 mins of football but a couple of moments of magic.

“So simple” you say, yet so unbelievably difficult a chance to take. That’s the Cali reason of striker he is/was though.

you reap what you sow, sevco shat the bed last year, if you fill a tupperware tub with popcorn and lurk in the kerrydale st forum, half of them seen this coming, celtic fans wanted a manager with a reputation and a proper run in Europe, but for the ****, its all about the 10, Covid has came to their aid and stop the embarrassment of the 2 factions fighting in the stands
Celtic were doomed the moment lennon signed his contract.

Wee Defoe, might be in the Autumn of his career, but he hasn’t lost his touch, lovely finish![emoji122]

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

“So simple” you say, yet so unbelievably difficult a chance to take. That’s the Cali reason of striker he is/was though.

You have to have done it 299 times before to make it look effortless:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGx2taCpWZt/

Rangers B team played Dundee today, lost 2-1. Chris McKee with the goal.

I know there's not a lot of focus on our youth team, but I'm concerned about the impact the pandemic and our youth team recruitment is having at the minute. We have got far, far too many players eligible for reserve/U18 football at the minute. There's 40 players between the two squads and you're lucky if you're getting a game a week for each team.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I know there's not a lot of focus on our youth team, but I'm concerned about the impact the pandemic and our youth team recruitment is having at the minute. We have got far, far too many players eligible for reserve/U18 football at the minute. There's 40 players between the two squads and you're lucky if you're getting a game a week for each team.

You don’t do much with your youngsters anyway, apart from more or less give them away to Aberdeen. Cheers for that.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t do much with your youngsters anyway, apart from more or less give them away to Aberdeen. Cheers for that.

I’ve no problem helping out the wee clubs, and if selling you our ninth-choice midfielder transforms your team then good! I’ve a very charitable nature.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I’ve no problem helping out the wee clubs, and if selling you our ninth-choice midfielder transforms your team then good! I’ve a very charitable nature.

Not so sure that you have 8 actual midfielders that are better players than Ross McCrorie. Please enlighten me.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not so sure that you have 8 actual midfielders that are better players than Ross McCrorie. Please enlighten me.

Nah I like McCrorie tbf, and I would have kept him but I was very much in the minority in the summer. Most folk just saw a midfielder who flopped at Portsmouth because they played him at right back.

He's not a player who really suits the way we play but he has obvious qualities. I do like him though. Him and Docherty would have been perfectly suited to play in a midfield for a team that doesn't need to control possession.

4 hours ago, G51 said:

I've a 'Facebook friend' that I blether to every other week who has followed Rangers Youth/U21s for years and goes to Auchenhowie whenever he can.  Tough times for the young guys and the worst point in some of their careers to have a hiatus.

Not sure, aside from arranging games as and when, that we can do much about it.  Shame for the young boys, though.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I've mentioned this before - and as you've discovered - young Ross is a gem.  Not only does he play well but he has an exemplary attitude.  A top notch young man.

If you've watched us from the start of the season you'll have seen that Michael Beale has us playing a certain way in pretty-much every game - with the only real variance being how far forward Borna and Tavernier are.  

McCrorie would not fit in to the midfield given how we currently play, much as I like the bloke.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've a 'Facebook friend' that I blether to every other week who has followed Rangers Youth/U21s for years and goes to Auchenhowie whenever he can.  Tough times for the young guys and the worst point in some of their careers to have a hiatus.

Not sure, aside from arranging games as and when, that we can do much about it.  Shame for the young boys, though.

I think if we can't get games for them every week then we need to move some of them on.

Even for the lads who are getting games, I'm not sure friendlies against teams like East Stirlingshire and Dundee Reserves are all that beneficial. But maybe, for now, it's the best we can do.