Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

I very highly doubt that this is true. I don’t know where it’s come from but I’d file it under “pish”.

It was probably just the the rangers fishel radio station Clyde SS spoonfeeding more feel-good tom kite to los gullibillos .

It's what they do, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah that’s what I meant 😂

Especially at a time of real financial uncertainty I imagine clubs will be looking to cut their cloth a bit with match day revenues taking a massive hit during this period.

Yes, I would expect they would be too. Totally agree with you about the reduced revenue.

53 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That was actually per person mate. The average salary for Celtic player is c.£250k per annum than a Rangers player.

Both clubs are miles ahead of the rest though.

C87A235C-86BB-46CB-A929-6FE064077A39.png

Where did the tarts finish again plus I don't see Motherwell on that table.

47 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Especially at a time of real financial uncertainty I imagine clubs will be looking to cut their cloth a bit with match day revenues taking a massive hit during this period.

With Lustig Sinclair and Tierney gone Celtic have already cut their cloth.

If he meant Ian Ferguson the midfielder from the late 80s and 90’s, he was never one to shirk a tackle but certainly wasn’t one for going around kicking everything or trying to break legs.

Aye very good. This c**t was as dirty a player as you are ever likely to see. Complete hatchet man

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Aye very good. This c**t was as dirty a player as you are ever likely to see. Complete hatchet man

Didnt really follow Scottish football till the end of the 90’s so can only really mind him at Dunfermline where he was a hatchet man but his legs had probs gone  more by then tbf.

Didnt really follow Scottish football till the end of the 90’s so can only really mind him at Dunfermline where he was a hatchet man but his legs had probs gone  more by then tbf.
During his days as a currant

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Would you concede that spending £5m on a goalkeeper in a one team league would then be incredibly stupid in that case? 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would you concede that spending £5m on a goalkeeper in a one team league would then be incredibly stupid in that case? 

Going with one senior keeper would be incredibly stupid. Also Craig Gordon would have been one of our highest earners. We also have cut a fair bit from our squad have and have made 20-30 million profit in our past 3 years. With European qualifiers not too far away it would have been a case of penny wise pound foolish where we have been caught out before.

Edited by gannonball

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If you are a loss making business then yes it would be.

Celtic aren’t though and have already significantly reduced the wage bill over the past year by allowing 2 of our highest earners to leave. Our cloth has already been cut accordingly.

Rangers last financials reported a 11 million loss. Since then they have sold no assets, revenue won’t have increased significantly as they always sell all their season tickets and a high number of shirts but yet are increasing their wage bill to that extent despite knowing there will be a significant reduction in match day revenue for a significant period of time.

im no accountant but I don’t see how that can be viable

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Looks like 'cutting your cloth in these financially uncertain times with match day income taking a massive hit' is only if you're not Glasgow Celtic. Gotcha. 

Well financial results wise I think were the only club in Scotland that have built a significant financial buffer over past few years which can now help counter it, so yes. 

Edited by gannonball