Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Great to have Kent on a permanent  deal considering  his age but £7m + 20% sell on fee is a big risk imo. The signing really must deliver either in terms of multiple years of good service or profitable resale to be worth it.

It certainly is a risk for them but and big money in Scottish football terms but given the absolute dog shit going for more down south I dont believe they have actually overpaid tbh. Thought he looked a 5s player but vastly improved last season

Great to have Kent on a permanent  deal considering  his age but £7m + 20% sell on fee is a big risk imo. The signing really must deliver either in terms of multiple years of good service or profitable resale to be worth it.

Agreed. My completely unfounded conspiracy theory is that when Stevie inevitably gets the call from Anfield in the next 2/3 years, Kent’ll be away on the same bus cancelling out the transfer fee. The risk we now carry is that he needs to play to the top of his form for the period without serious injury.

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Agreed. My completely unfounded conspiracy theory is that when Stevie inevitably gets the call from Anfield in the next 2/3 years, Kent’ll be away on the same bus cancelling out the transfer fee. The risk we now carry is that he needs to play to the top of his form for the period without serious injury.

If he can't break into the Liverpool team now, what's going to change over the next couple of years? 

Not that Gerard will ever be allowed near the Anfield home dugout.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

We all know it was a 'quick fix' response to us being toothless on Sunday and had we won he'd still be at Liverpool.

It's now up to Kent and Stevie to prove that this was nothing more than a sop to the fans.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We all know it was a 'quick fix' response to us being toothless on Sunday and had we won he'd still be at Liverpool.

It's now up to Kent and Stevie to prove that this was nothing more than a sop to the fans.

Cant help but think Jones’ kamikaze tackle might have made their mind up after punting a few wingers.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Cant help but think Jones’ kamikaze tackle might have made their mind up after punting a few wingers.

I was in Dundee (again) over the weekend so can't comment on the tackle as I didn't watch the full game.  BUT I stand by what I said:  Had we won then Kent would be a Liverpool player.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

To be fair, I was pointing out previously that Sevco don't seem to have many salable assets.. Celtic have invested in collecting a number of assets that could have resale value, Edouard being the most prominant. I suppose Kent falls into that category, but I think you'll be hard pressed to make profit on that deal.  

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I was in Dundee (again) over the weekend so can't comment on the tackle as I didn't watch the full game.  BUT I stand by what I said:  Had we won then Kent would be a Liverpool player.

I meant the after effects rather than the tackle to be honest but I agree I wouldn't have envisaged this sort of outlay should we had lost.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I put it down to the diddies being so environmentally conscious.  I'm quite assiduous in separating gin bottles, paper, recyclable plastic, food waste and non-recyclable waste. 

The P&B diddies go beyond that, though, and constantly recycle both their own posts and reuse material they have bin-dipped from elsewhere.

We really should applaud them for their Green credentials.

Bwahahaha. 

Your team is fucking shite. No wonder you don’t go and watch them.