Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, Bearwithme said:

Rangers have to have a go for the title but I expect Celtic to win it. If we have a decent go at it and it looks like we might have a better chance next season I'll be content with that.

See there's yer supports problem right there BWM?. they have put a huge pressure on this squad to compete in the top flight for the title. Most of your squad don't have that type of experience, how will they cope with the pressure? A few early bad results and the fans will show their disappointment putting even more pressure on the squad to win and win at all costs. Personally, I don't think this current squad has what it takes. The manager only has one formation and tactical approach and his substitutions are almost set in stone when he makes them.

22 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

See there's yer supports problem right there BWM?. they have put a huge pressure on this squad to compete in the top flight for the title. Most of your squad don't have that type of experience, how will they cope with the pressure? A few early bad results and the fans will show their disappointment putting even more pressure on the squad to win and win at all costs. Personally, I don't think this current squad has what it takes. The manager only has one formation and tactical approach and his substitutions are almost set in stone when he makes them.

That they'll be quite happy if the team has a decent go at things with hope for improvement? Yeah, serious problem. 8)

Modesty is not their strong point. Bears on here accepting a top 4 finish are talking oot their hole.

Every bear I've spoken to fully expects to challenge for the title, and cup silverware.

Anything less, and they'll be howling at the moon. Fans fighting funds and boardroom finger pointing a-plenty if they drop points early on.

Personally, I think they've assembled a good enough squad to push us all the way. Only time will tell if they can step up a gear.

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Expectations are clearly high, but realistically a top four finish would be some achievement.

Not sure I agree, Rob. :)

McCoist/McDowell/McCall's Rangers finishing 3rd in the Championship was considered a failure by the fans but those same fans will be content with a 3rd or 4th placed finish in the Premiership?

I'll reluctantly accept 2nd place as long as it's not a distant 2nd but 3rd of 4th would be a poor season. There's no excuse for finishing adrift of any club outside Celtic no matter how long Rangers have been in the league given the gulf in budgets.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Modesty is not their strong point. Bears on here accepting a top 4 finish are talking oot their hole.

Every bear I've spoken to fully expects to challenge for the title, and cup silverware.

Anything less, and they'll be howling at the moon. Fans fighting funds and boardroom finger pointing a-plenty if they drop points early on.

Personally, I think they've assembled a good enough squad to push us all the way. Only time will tell if they can step up a gear.

Yup, that's the mentality I have encountered outside P&B. The Celtic are shite and there for the taking and somehow their free agents and lower league players have the stuff of Champions League winning sides. None of their players bar one have had any top tier title challenge experience and the pressure will probably tell especially if Aberdeen become the main threat to Celtic whilst they are fighting off the best of the rest for a Euro spot.

Celtic lose a game to a much weaker opposition and suddenly the orcs are shouting how shite we are, The Rangers lose to a much weaker opposition and somehow it becomes only a blip. :lol: Warped logic by them.

35 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Not sure I agree, Rob. :)

McCoist/McDowell/McCall's Rangers finishing 3rd in the Championship was considered a failure by the fans but those same fans will be content with a 3rd or 4th placed finish in the Premiership?

I'll reluctantly accept 2nd place as long as it's not a distant 2nd but 3rd of 4th would be a poor season. There's no excuse for finishing adrift of any club outside Celtic no matter how long Rangers have been in the league given the gulf in budgets.

Rangers supporting pals near me expect to finish within 10 points to Celtic thereabout, that is some benchmark they expect and don't even factor in Aberdeen because they see 12 points in the bag against Aberdeen. :blink:

Yup, that's the mentality I have encountered outside P&B. The Celtic are shite and there for the taking and somehow their free agents and lower league players have the stuff of Champions League winning sides. None of their players bar one have had any top tier title challenge experience and the pressure will probably tell especially if Aberdeen become the main threat to Celtic whilst they are fighting off the best of the rest for a Euro spot.

Celtic lose a game to a much weaker opposition and suddenly the orcs are shouting how shite we are, The Rangers lose to a much weaker opposition and somehow it becomes only a blip. :lol: Warped logic by them.

Magic hat mentality.

14 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Rangers supporting pals near me expect to finish within 10 points to Celtic thereabout, that is some benchmark they expect and don't even factor in Aberdeen because they see 12 points in the bag against Aberdeen. :blink:

All your 'pals' all predicted the exact same thing.

Oh okay...

Just now, bennett said:

All your 'pals' all predicted the exact same thing.

Oh okay...

Second largest budget Benny, they expect nothing less. Anything less is a failure just because of the size of the budget. Also they appear to think they have a squad of title winning contenders just because they wear the jersey. Some may grudgingly accept 3rd below Aberdeen but that is where the buck stops as long as they are within a certain points margin and only just behind Aberdeen by a few points.

I haven't met a Rangers supporter who has said "Aye as long as we make the top six or hopefully a European slot", nope, they fully expect The Rangers to go at it from the start and maintain a title challenge all season, and when the next transfer window opens they fully expect mega bucks to be punted into the squad to maintain a title assault.

Rangers mentality mate, all or nothing.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Haven't watched very much slpf premiership-spl fitba so it's pretty hard to say, I can only go by our recent cup games against top level teams. 

It looks like Warburton has attempted to fix some of last season's frailties, we've also got a larger/more experienced squad now and look less likely to be over ran in midfield. The league cup games due to their nature also don't give much of an insight as we treated them like pre season games.

In amongst the top four and a few scuddings handed oot would be fair enough in my book.

Slpf :lol:

Can you still not get this right after the last time I slagged you for it?

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

Should be a 3 way fight for 2nd spot between Rangers, the sheep worriers and Bidco, we have the 2nd biggest budget but not by much, plastic FC are spending 6 x on wages what we are and should walk this league, anything else would be en embarrassing failure. 

Baws Tedi, yer clubs wage bill will be far higher than last seasons budget. There will be all sorts of promotion clauses triggered. Joey budgie baws & Niko could easily put at least another £2 million plus onto the budget as marquee signings because they have increased revenue to spend. When I say promotion clauses trigged by promotion to the top flight, they won't be small increments because that was the players incentive last season, promotion. Then there's the win/clean sheet and scoring bonuses which their will be quite a few players on them and the final wage bill could be way higher than expected, but I'm sure the board have done the math and factored in that elusive title with the highest goal tally and didn't lose a game and had 30 odd clean sheets, right?. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Slpf :lol:

Can you still not get this right after the last time I slagged you for it?

Ragers Medjia posters still say "SPL" ffs :lol: they are still living in the past with the dead entity. Gogsy one of the chief admin group still has in his avatar slot, "SPL, corrupt to the core" I don't think he knows the SPL are defunct yet. Worse still the SPL was corrupt but definitely not in the manner he thinks.

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

I am sure you said that last year and the year before that and the year before that when they actually ended up falling.

Of course Templeton, Bell, Shiels and all the other duds who disappeared off our wage bill will no doubt have been on peanuts now they are no longer on it?

All will be revealed in December 2017, a date for your all things Rangers diary, but wait, you are the guy who is convinced that our accounts will be not be audited...philip said.

Why you always so serious man? :lol:

I gave you my reasoning why the wage budget could be or way more likely to be much higher than you expect, and I stand by it, do bookmark if you like.

Enough o the accounts shit here, we can banter that out in the big thread ffs. Leave somewhere where we can discuss like adults.

Your club has acquired as everyone on here agrees two players of quality and to me personally?, I'm pretty darn sure these two will be well paid for their services including bonuses. They are there to imo to try to win the league, whether or not they can help your club do it is another discussion, but they are deffo there to do a job and won't come cheap even if you don't win the league it has shown King has sort of come through on his word.

Up for discussion is that we all know, contractual clauses triggered by promotion to the top tier, even you don't know shit there but you do know that players there have it in their contract and have been implemented increasing the wage budget from last season. Of how much these clauses have triggered in expenses? who the fcuk knows but we know they have been invoked.

Next up is the new contracts some key players have just resigned, how much and what clauses are in their new contract?, do you know?, naw, and neither do I but we both damn well know they signed off on a better deal than they were already getting.

Forget the players that have left and stop being a dick about budgets and getting one over on me and be honest, if King hasn't increased the budget to compete in the top flight you'll be damn well disappointed yes? I'd expect the budget to be increased because it's common sense to utilise the extra income to give your club the best chance possible to compete to win no?

Going by what I can find out about your club financial wise, I'd be well fucking disappointed if the players budget wasn't increased by 50%. The money has stopped haemorrhaging badly and the revenue up significantly and fans are spending more on the club.

Not sure I agree, Rob. [emoji4]
We've got to be realistic, expectations are huge, the league opener against the Accies is already a 50,000 sell out. We'll score plenty, but MW still doesn't have (or know) our best defensive line up, I won't be moaning if we consolidate our place back in the top flight with a top 4 finish![emoji6]

On 29 July 2016 at 07:55, shootingboots said:

OK serious question -  How do rangers fans think they will do this season?

I was having a scan of another forum there are some rangers fans on, and they were the sort who were saying 'we're rangers, treble is the aim' 'title is a minimum' ' the spfl is shite, we are better than them all' etc. etc. 

Surely no rangers fan actually expects a title win?

I expect them to finish 2nd, by quite some distance. Aberdeen are absolute shitebags anytime they have the to actually do something in the league. I honestly can't believe we managed to actually win the league last year with Deila in charge. lol.  If Hearts had a better manager they'd be a stick on for 2nd IMO. But with the way Neilson is going I can only see them finishing fourth.

Feel Sevco are in the same position as Aberdeen were last year. This is their only real chance of winning the league for a long time. Once Rodgers actually gets rid of the dross, which will take a couple of windows as there is that much, and brings in players that are actually his and suit his style of play we'll be uncatchable for another few seasons. I'm certain we won't get CL football this year either so honestly think this is Sevco's only hope of stopping the 10. If you lot don't finish within 10 points of us there'll be absolute carnage over at Ibrox. 

Just now, Asap said:

Once Rodgers actually gets rid of the dross, which will take a couple of windows as there is that much, and brings in players that are actually his and suit his style of play we'll be uncatchable for another few seasons

You realise that, at some point, a mid-table EPL side will want to take another punt on him and he'll jump at the chance, and won't be expensive to sign, thanks to the "rolling contract" he signed, don't you?

Celt*c will never be able to claim a 10 (even if they do it), 'Titles' won without a challenge from Glasgow Rangers! Tainted and Soiled, and they know it as much as we do!

:lol:

Rangers dying didn't stop Scottish football from carrying on as per usual m8

Celt*c will never be able to claim a 10 (even if they do it), 'Titles' won without a challenge from Glasgow Rangers! Tainted and Soiled, and they know it as much as we do!

Tainted and soiled. Oh aye that's right! Just like all your EBT trophy successes?