Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Does this mean that Morelos is away? It seems like a risky amount of money to lay out otherwise.

Hope not, I'd be gutted if the wee guy left.  

As Kincardine said, it's probably £3m. We will need another striker as it looks like Lafferty has little chance of playing and Defoe is only on loan.

22 hours ago, bennett said:

We will need another striker as it looks like Lafferty has little chance of playing and Defoe is only on loan.

We do need another striker, though Defoe's here for another season.  Middleton's been playing through the middle for the U20s and scoring well so that is an option.

I see we've signed Davis for a year.  I was critical of him when he arrived but he did have a very good April, albeit we only beat understrength Dolly, a woeful Hearts (2x) and a Motherwell team who thought they could try to play a bit of football.

Isn't there various options regarding Defoe's deal and whether it was 6 or 18 months?

Great news about Davis, took him a wee while to settle back in but along with Kamara has made a huge difference.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Isn't there various options regarding Defoe's deal and whether it was 6 or 18 months?

Great news about Davis, took him a wee while to settle back in but along with Kamara has made a huge difference.

Pretty sure Davis was a 6 month loan with a 12 month contract option - which we've now exercised.  Defoe was always (I think) an 18 month loan with us contributing at least £160,000 a week to his wages - though reports on the amount vary a little ;) 

Kamara has been an absolute delight - right from his first game.  Looks like he's been playing for us for years.

On 29/04/2019 at 23:48, bennett said:

Sevco transfer speculation.

Rangers are on the trail of £13million-rated Croatia star striker Mirko Maric.

The Ibrox club have scouted the on-form NK Osijek striker regularly in recent months.

Maric – who still has three years left on his current deal – has 16 goals and is the domestic top scorer in his homeland

Do the Rangers scouting staff have a season ticket for Osijek or something? Will this potentially be the third player to have signed from them?

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Do the Rangers scouting staff have a season ticket for Osijek or something? Will this potentially be the third player to have signed from them?

'£13 million rated' :lol:

1 hour ago, Gusty said:

Hastie and Jones to come in as well as 2 or 3 'real' Quality players = no. 55 

You can't count, mate. That would be 4 or 5 players, not 55.

15 hours ago, bennett said:

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Kamara has been an absolute delight - right from his first game.  Looks like he's been playing for us for years.

^^^^ All this from their couch(es) :lol: 

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

^^^^ All this from their couch(es) :lol: 

Not easy to get tickets to see Rangers these days and still a waiting list for season tickets. 

3 hours ago, Bohemian said:

:lol: Was about to say.. A joy to watch on a dodgy stream on your computer and BT/Sky sports..  What a pair of Fannies..:1eye

Fcuk up QC.

29 minutes ago, nsr said:

Seances quite expensive to get into are they?

No idea but you certainly know how to make a Weegie bored.

In other news...the U18s are league and cup winners after beating Hearts 1-3 today:

5 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Don't know if we are. The original source seems to be this junk website: https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-rangers-plot-swoop-to-bring-st-johnstone-ace-to-ibrox/

Was a boy on our forum who seemed to get our transfers last summer bang on whos suggested it.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was a boy on our forum who seemed to get our transfers last summer bang on whos suggested it.

Ah right. I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at a keeper as Foderingham will probably want to leave for first team football.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I watch as many Rangers games as I can from the comfort of my couch - just the same as you...

I actually go to ibrox more than you too. :thumsup2