Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Cheer up, mate.  It's the annual lampooning of our ST Renewal statement.  The upside is that we're sticking with the recent trend not to show graphs.  One lesson learned.  You can see why it cause some mirth.  Oor Dave does have a tendency towards hyperbole and his, to paraphrase, "We used to be great, we'll be great again now give's more money" schtick is becoming a tad stale.
Still, the diddies are even-handed.  We are but one cheek, after all, and the other cheek also issued a statement yesterday wherein Peter said, to paraphrase, "Forget this b*****do naranja business.  The real victims here are Celtic and I expect the authorities to stop us being called bad names."  Now I haven't been on the Celtic 2018/19 thread yet but I fully expect to read screeds of posts from diddies mocking this egregious hypocrisy and brazen whatabootry. 
I'll away and have a look...

The semi final thread correctly got locked because it descended into (even more of) a farce after that statement.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The semi final thread correctly got locked because it descended into (even more of) a farce after that statement.

It was an outrageous statement and, knowing the creativity of the posters on here, I'm sure it could easily be mocked without crossing any lines.  I just had a look at the Celtic thread and there's not a cheep about it.  Poor show.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

It was an outrageous statement and, knowing the creativity of the posters on here, I'm sure it could easily be mocked without crossing any lines.  I just had a look at the Celtic thread and there's not a cheep about it.  Poor show.

WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT

Meh, I’m bored of all this. I’ll leave you to it.

35 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree that the statement was outrageous - a pretty despicable display of whataboutery, designed not to address the issue, but to duck it.

However, heading for the Celtic dedicated thread just isn't something many of us are in the habit of, because sadly, they continue to win everything domestically.  There's still so much more to mock where Rangers are concerned. 

If it makes you feel better though, I'll head over for a rant.

Guest Moomintroll
I agree that the statement was outrageous - a pretty despicable display of whataboutery, designed not to address the issue, but to duck it.
However, heading for the Celtic dedicated thread just isn't something many of us are in the habit of, because sadly, they continue to win everything domestically.  There's still so much more to mock where Rangers are concerned. 
C'mon MT call that a rant, 6/10, must do better.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Give it a chance.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Give it a chance.

Heads off to rant about Sellick.  Ends up talking about Rangers.  Very MT and very P&B.  1/10.

Evening times speculation.

Steven Gerrard is closing in on a move for Aberdeen forward Greg Stewart. And he could add further Premiership experience to his squad as the Gers eye deals for John Souttar and Jake Hastie.

Gerrard completed a pre-contract agreement with Kilmarnock star Jordan Jones during the January window and the Northern Irishman could now be reunited with his former Rugby Park team-mate.

Stewart cut short his Killie spell to return to Aberdeen in January but Rangers are now on the verge of bringing him to Ibrox on a free when his Birmingham contract expires.

The 29-year-old has scored nine goals - including the equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox in October - so far this term but has struggled for form since rejoining the Dons.

Boss Gerrard is keen to add firepower to his squad ahead of a second crack at the Premiership title and a move for Motherwell star Hastie could now be back on the cards.

Rangers became frustrated in their pursuit of Hastie earlier this month as talks dragged on and it appeared as though the deal was dead.

Hastie has attracted interest from Major League Soccer side Atlanta United but his Gers switch could now be rekindled as he prepares to leave Fir Park at the end of the season.

Moves for Stewart and Hastie would give Gerrard further options in the final third but defensive cover is also being sought this summer and Hearts superstar Souttar has emerged as a potential recruit.

The Jambos could demand around £20million this summer and Rangers have yet to test their resolve after identifying the highly-rated 22-year-old as a signing targe

image.gif

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Steven Gerrard is closing in on a move for Aberdeen forward Greg Stewart. And he could add further Premiership experience to his squad as the Gers eye deals for John Souttar and Jake Hastie.

Gerrard completed a pre-contract agreement with Kilmarnock star Jordan Jones during the January window and the Northern Irishman could now be reunited with his former Rugby Park team-mate.

Stewart cut short his Killie spell to return to Aberdeen in January but Rangers are now on the verge of bringing him to Ibrox on a free when his Birmingham contract expires.

The 29-year-old has scored nine goals - including the equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox in October - so far this term but has struggled for form since rejoining the Dons.

Boss Gerrard is keen to add firepower to his squad ahead of a second crack at the Premiership title and a move for Motherwell star Hastie could now be back on the cards.

Rangers became frustrated in their pursuit of Hastie earlier this month as talks dragged on and it appeared as though the deal was dead.

Hastie has attracted interest from Major League Soccer side Atlanta United but his Gers switch could now be rekindled as he prepares to leave Fir Park at the end of the season.

Moves for Stewart and Hastie would give Gerrard further options in the final third but defensive cover is also being sought this summer and Hearts superstar Souttar has emerged as a potential recruit.

The Jambos could demand around £20million this summer and Rangers have yet to test their resolve after identifying the highly-rated 22-year-old as a signing targe

image.gif

Nice to see Hearts looking for a decent sum of money but they might find Rangers are a bit short of the asking price. 

9 hours ago, bennett said:

image.gif

Aye, alright.  Calm doon.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Quiet week or two on the thread as we're looking like a reasonably competent team at the moment.  Plus we've had no 'off the park' shenanigans to get the diddies in a foment.

Our potential signing of Hastie is getting a few Dossers in a froth.  Why wouldn't a fast and direct forward want to sign for the most attacking team in the Premiership?  I have no doubt that we'll improve him and he'll fit in well to our system:

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

New strip promo, nice shout-out to Celtic and our ‘troubles’?

What was the lyrics of the song they were quoting in the voice over ? I don’t recognise it from what they usually sing .

“Dundee , Hamilton , Aberdeen and back again “  There’s nothing about that bloke that lives in Rome or his home address !