Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Signing Jones, Stewart and Bachmann would be nothing more than an attempt to weaken teams around them.
Greg Stewart is a massive *** so he will be more than delighted to go there.

Bachmann has already ridiculed them on social media this season so hopefully he will explode a few more orc heads that Jones may have missed when he did his job and made them lose their shit.

15 hours ago, bennett said:

Reports from the record that we're signing Bachman from Watford.

I would be surprised if Bachman went to Rangers, I think he is aiming a lot higher.

Greg Stewart's questionable morals and temprement should see him fit in instantly though.

Jones will unfortunately sink without a trace. 

Edited by killiekranky

Guest Moomintroll
The Bachmann one I haven't heard of yet.
They will get him on a free if Watford don't want him, maybe?
Not sure if this one is really an attempt to weaken teams around them as I was unaware Alan MacGregor could be away in the summer, so he could be first choice next season if Rangers do get him. Rangers need a better keeper than the hopeless Foderingham who has still a year to run on his contract, but then its also likely that Rangers won't be the only club tracking Bachmann.
Would annoy me massively if Watford were to free him to join the evil empire given his performances for us. The Pozzo family are somewhat unpredictable but given how well Dan has done for us, they could easily get a couple of million from a Championship club and he would deserve that move.

35 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

For all the plaudits McGregor got earlier in the season I reckon Bachman is the best keeper in the league.

It's probably the first time in some while that several teams could make that realistic claim about their keeper.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Signing Jones, Stewart and Bachmann would be nothing more than an attempt to weaken teams around them.

I still cant believe people peddle this myth. Attempting to sign players which are proven in the league you play in and going free is a standard signing  target for just about every professional club going. Weakening the opposition can also be a side benefit but the idea of paying players thousands of pounds a week purely to rot in the reserves wouldnt fly with anybody in charge of the finances.

Edited by gannonball

Weakening the opposition can also be a side benefit but the idea of paying players thousands of pounds a week purely to rot in the reserves wouldnt fly with anybody in charge of the finances.

Oh I don’t know.........isn’t it the case that Defoe and Davis are costing Sevco around 60k / week combined for what appears to be very little end product ?
[emoji149][emoji149]

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Oh I don’t know.........isn’t it the case that Defoe and Davis are costing Sevco around 60k / week combined for what appears to be very little end product ?
emoji149.pngemoji149.png

Did it purely to weaken Bournemouth and Southampton imo.

Guest Moomintroll
I still cant believe people peddle this myth. Attempting to sign players which are proven in the league you play in and going free is a standard signing  target for just about every professional club going. Weakening the opposition can also be a side benefit but the idea of paying players thousands of pounds a week purely to rot in the reserves wouldnt fly with anybody in charge of the finances.
Back in the pre transfer window days with guys like McCall, Joe Miller, Allan Johnston, that was a thing. Now all you are doing is freeing up a wage for us to bring the next loanee in while tying up your higher wage (both cheeks) to bring a proven player in. That, in my opinion is how the loan moves are being sold to EPL and higher level Championship players. Occasionally we might get a Findlay type out of it as they enjoy the regular game time & will inevitably move on for a profit. Win, win for all concerned, I might not like it but that is the reality & anyone saying otherwise are kidding themselves.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

It's not a myth.  

As you say, it can be a side benefit.  It's part of what makes such signings attractive.  They don't sign them to rot in the reserves, but they know that if it pans out that way, the signing has still benefited them, because opponents have been weakened.

It's why Jim McLean was so reluctant to sell valued players to Rangers.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few months ago Random pie was slaughtering Sevco for apparently not living within their means.

Now he's slaughtering Sevco for making signings within their means.

He has more faces than the toon clock.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

A few months ago Random pie was slaughtering Sevco for apparently not living within their means.

Now he's slaughtering Sevco for making signings within their means.

He has more faces than the toon clock.

Probably just hates Rangers. Luckily, you don't care.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:33, Florentine_Pogen said:

emoji149.pngemoji149.png

Two best signings in the January transfer window.

Or so I was repeatedly told.