Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

This worthless idea is amusing.

Of course all OF titles in the modern context are utterly hollow, whether we're talking about those when Rangers kept winning them successively because of massive financial advantages, or now when Celtic do.  Utterly hollow and of significance only to those with a want of wit.

The Rangers ones this century of course have the added issue of being genuinely tainted, as football rules were systematically broken in 'winning' them.

There's really not much more of a title race now than when Rangers were in the bottom tier tbh.

So more than four then!!? And here’s me thinking I was trying to be just and reasonable. But fair enough I’ll take your word for it, last two have also been worthless!
Let’s be honest though, like it or not, a real challenge to their ‘dominance’ isn’t going to happen until Rangers are truly back on their feet. Most punters without an axe to grind would acknowledge that.

So more than four then!!? And here’s me thinking I was trying to be just and reasonable. But fair enough I’ll take your word for it, last two have also been worthless!
Let’s be honest though, like it or not, a real challenge to their ‘dominance’ isn’t going to happen until Rangers are truly back on their feet. Most punters without an axe to grind would acknowledge that.
No, most people acknowledge that no team has any more right to challenge or be challenged than any other. Until Celtic are taken to task for financial skullduggery, their titles carry more credence than several of yours in terms of sporting integrity.

The idea that a title is not won on merit because of your interpretation of the available competition is utterly stupid.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Let’s be honest though, like it or not, a real challenge to their ‘dominance’ isn’t going to happen until Rangers are truly back on their feet.

Please remind me, many points did Celtic win the league by the season before your original team died? Whilst you were still cheating.

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Let’s be honest though, like it or not, a real challenge to their ‘dominance’ isn’t going to happen until Rangers are truly back on their feet.

Rangers are dead mate.

No, most people acknowledge that no team has any more right to challenge or be challenged than any other. Until Celtic are taken to task for financial skullduggery, their titles carry more credence than several of yours in terms of sporting integrity.

The idea that a title is not won on merit because of your interpretation of the available competition is utterly stupid.

To be fair, I did say most neutral observers. I think that probably excludes you my friend.

Most neutral observers probably shrug their shoulders and walk off. Or silently nod their head and slowly back away so they don’t have to hear anymore of the inane rambling. They probably also prefer a quiet life...

No it doesnt. Eveything you have said is drivel and has been treated as such.

You are talking absolute shite.

The league competition is a procession and will remain as such until the Gers get their house in order, we both know it.
Clearly the sooner the better though eh!?

The league competition is a procession and will remain as such until the Gers get their house in order, we both know it.
The league consists of twelve teams who play eachother in the agreed format. Most points wins. Rangers have no more god given to compte in this structure than anyone else. Rangers inability to compete in one league does not somehow mean that league is devalued. What is it you arent understanding about it? Celtic beat 11 teams to the title each and every season Rangers were elsewhere.

Your ill advised beliefs about tainted titles are thankfully superceded by fact and common sense.

31 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

My bad I should have had the foresight to say illegally bought but most neutrals already knew that tbf .

( for a definition of illegal see HMRC ) 

The fact that their players were ineligible for 13 years is an even greater issue tbh.

The league was a procession even when Rangers were alive. Those two clubs are two cheeks of the same arse. A league win for one of them is just a league win for the combined arse.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Please remind me, many points did Celtic win the league by the season before your original team died? Whilst you were still cheating.

6 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Im disappointed that you missed out on answering my question.

I took the trouble to find out for you.

They finished 20 points above you.

While your old club was "on it's feet"

While your old club had it's "house in order"

While your old club was cheating.

You now support a diddy club like the rest of us, you are just going to have to learn to accept that you are not going to win the league.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Rangers inability to compete in one league does not somehow mean that league is devalued. 

Depends who you ask, I suppose.

The television companies certainly thought the league had been devalued. And didn't Lennon and Deila complain that no one was really bothered about their league wins?

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

Depends who you ask, I suppose.

The television companies certainly thought the league had been devalued. And didn't Lennon and Deila complain that no one was really bothered about their league wins?

All that shows is that Celtic fans only care about winning as long as it involves beating Rangers, and vice versa.

The rest of Scottish football literally could not care less which one of them outdoes the other.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

All that shows is that Celtic fans only care about winning as long as it involves beating Rangers, and vice versa.

The rest of Scottish football literally could not care less which one of them outdoes the other.

Spot on, and a truth that will forever evade chaps like thepundit.