Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

They're not alone in that regard tbh. They ARE alone in that the unsustainable debts were too much and they died. When you have as many fans over the world as they did, the "it's too much!" excuse doesn't wash. They simply didn't give enough of a f**k to do anything about it, and they sat, and they watched their club die.

It kind of sums them up. I'm no sort of superfan and haven't been to a game all season. But if things went tits up at Morton, I'd do every bit I could to try and save them. And fans of every other club would too. THEY wouldn't though.

Given that every Rangers fan I know who is a mouthpiece about the GSTQ 11 wouldn't buy a ticket if I stood there with it in my hand and a fair % of them wouldn't take a freebie to go and see Rangers either....It's no surprise that not very many were willing to throw money at servicing the debt.

On 1/20/2019 at 00:58, The_Kincardine said:

I just scrolled through the past couple of pages.  Apparently we're paying an unknown % of Defoe's unknown wages.  Shocking.

Darrell Currie (BT Sport presenter) has said on Twitter that Bournemouth are paying the "lions share" of Defoe's salary and that Rangers have negotiated a "superb deal".

Still no figures, but that would suggest Rangers haven't pushed the boat out nearly as far as some people think.

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:

shambles from top to bottom but all the supporters care about is stopping 10 in a row

All I care about is Rangers winning the league this season. If that prevents 8 in a row, good, but its all about Rangers being successful rather than worrying about the success of anyone else.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Is there a scenario where Rangers can win the league this season and not prevent 8 in a row?

Probably hidden away in the SFA rule book.

That one didnae count....

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Is there a scenario where Rangers can win the league this season and not prevent 8 in a row?

Well, if you want to be pedantic about it then, yes! :)

Point was, I don't think many Rangers fans are obsessed with "stopping" anyone else from winning, be it 8 in a row or 10 in a row.  I think most of us just want Rangers to be successful.

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Point was, I don't think many Rangers fans are obsessed with "stopping" anyone else from winning, be it 8 in a row or 10 in a row.  I think most of us just want Rangers to be successful.

As if, really

Funniest thing I'll read all day........

Keep telling yourself you mean it

Give it a few months and it'll become an urban myth 

6 minutes ago, thepundit said:

You're either at it or just incredibly naive :lol:

4 hours ago, thepundit said:

All I care about is Rangers winning the league this season. If that prevents 8 in a row, good, but its all about Rangers being successful rather than worrying about the success of anyone else.

The quote was to do with the existence of your club.

Would you continue to support Rangers if they spent within their means and never won another trophy, or would you demand overspending to try and get success?

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The quote was to do with the existence of your club.

Would you continue to support Rangers if they spent within their means and never won another trophy, or would you demand overspending to try and get success?

They would demand overspending because their lives are that sad.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Well, if you want to be pedantic about it then, yes! :)

You don't get out much do you ?

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Probably hidden away in the SFA rule book.

That one didnae count....

Is this the same SFA who are bending over backwards to ensure that Rangers are not punished for the most blatant of offences this season? 

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is this the same SFA who are bending over backwards to ensure that Rangers are not punished for the most blatant of offences this season? 

It was a joke.

Just now, bennett said:

It was a joke.

I know that it was a kind of joke, but deep down you and your fellow Rangers supporters really do think that the SFA have it in for you, regardless of the evidence against that point of view.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know that it was a kind of joke, but deep down you and your fellow Rangers supporters really do think that the SFA have it in for you, regardless of the evidence against that point of view.

Nonsense, Jimmy Bell runs the SFA....