Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

22 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

So you got 1 and a half matches and paid for 1 and a half matches?

Exactly the same scenario us United supporters had to go through so its best to put it into context

That's one way of looking at it.

But I think we both know Dundee Utd were a bit naughty charging fans twice. 

Not bothered about their previous name. Hell, I've been referring to Rangers as 'Glasgow Rangers' my whole life and its never been their name. 
You say "nearly all" clubs in Scotland loved kicking Rangers when they were down. Not actually true. Their fans did, but in Dundee Utd's case the club itself had a lot to say. Add to that the fact they fleeced Rangers fans by charging for a ticket twice for the same fixture (match was originally abandoned at half time)
All water under the bridge now but just don't expect any favours. I don't think that's unreasonable.
Respect to the DABs if true.

Yeah, very naughty. We shouldve just rubbered paying for the policing, stewarding and catering for the second match. Thats something that Rang.... ach whats the point

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, thepundit said:
Not bothered about their previous name. Hell, I've been referring to Rangers as 'Glasgow Rangers' my whole life and its never been their name. 
You say "nearly all" clubs in Scotland loved kicking Rangers when they were down. Not actually true. Their fans did, but in Dundee Utd's case the club itself had a lot to say. Add to that the fact they fleeced Rangers fans by charging for a ticket twice for the same fixture (match was originally abandoned at half time)
All water under the bridge now but just don't expect any favours. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Respect to the DABs if true.

Indeed. The seethe remains strong.

Which is nice.

21 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
36 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Yeah, very naughty. We shouldve just rubbered paying for the policing, stewarding and catering for the second match. Thats something that Rang.... ach whats the point

I would imagine the club had some sort of Sporting Event Insurance cover but the costs shouldn't have been put on the fans anyways.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

But that abandoned match came well before Rangers were "down" and therefore providing the exquisite pleasure of kicking them.

I see you've mindlessly bought into the same spurious nonsense that Green spouted when he really was trying to fleece people.  It may well be that Dundee United handled the abandoned match less than impressively, but that never had any kind of profile until the club decided it needed the mob to keep projecting the hate in an outward direction, when it all went tits up much later.

What exactly did Dundee United as a club have to offer anyway, that was more scathing than say, the noises made by Romanov at Hearts?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Guest Moomintroll
Fair enough mate. Why whats wrong with the name?

heknew, 5 posts since October 2012, why must you always be such despicable human beings?

Guest Moomintroll
Mate you seem a bit of a stalker. Im trying to breath new life into the forum 
Good luck with that m74, you might want to breathe, rather than breath, new life into the forum but who am I to judge.

20 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
25 minutes ago, heknew said:
Mate you seem a bit of a stalker. Im trying to breath new life into the forum 

Good luck with that m74, you might want to breathe, rather than breath, new life into the forum but who am I to judge.

Please stop encouraging him to breathe.

From my view.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

The Rangers fan seem to think United (Stephen Thompson) led the ‘we won’t let them start in the Premier League’ charge.

Hearts & Romanov actually did earlier that week (maybe that day). Fan pressure led to Thompson doing this.

I believe Thompson was happy to keep his mouth shut and only acted because we withheld season ticket money.

Add to this, Thompson was already unpopular among Rangers as he chose to charge them (and us) again for a rearranged fixture.

10 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

From my view.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

The Rangers fan seem to think United (Stephen Thompson) led the ‘we won’t let them start in the Premier League’ charge.

Hearts & Romanov actually did earlier that week (maybe that day). Fan pressure led to Thompson doing this.

I believe Thompson was happy to keep his mouth shut and only acted because we withheld season ticket money.

Add to this, Thompson was already unpopular among Rangers as he chose to charge them (and us) again for a rearranged fixture.

Chuck in that the club's origins sound a bit Catholicy, and you have the ideal object for the daily Two Minutes Hate sessions.