Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ufa-could-forced-forfeit-rangers-13104366

FA have sensationally revealed they will discover on Monday if they have to forfeit their Europa League tie with Rangers because they can't get a visa to visit the UK.

The Ibrox side face a tricky encounter against the Russian side, with a place in the group stages the prize.

The first leg is at Ibrox on Thursday and that's presented a major problem for the Bashkortostan region side, who are in their first ever European campaign.

Because of the short turnaround from their last game in Luxembourg against Progres Niederkorn on Thursday, they don't have enough time for the entire team to be issued UK visas by the normal process.

They are desperately hoping for their application to be fast tracked, but have admitted that may not be possible.

Just last week, Russian cyclist Igor Frolov was unable to compete at the European Championships in Glasgow because he didn't give himself enough time to get a UK visa.

And Spartak Moscow were unable to send a youth team to the Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland this summer because of new visa restrictions.

FC Ufa play against Dinamo Moscow today in the Russian capital and tomorrow will plead with the UK Embassy in the city to speed up their application which usually takes a minimum of five days.

But FC Ufa's president Shamil Gazizov has revealed he's far from certain they will be able to travel to Glasgow.

He said: "We are actively engaged in trying to obtain British visas. But everyone must understand this is a very difficult and challenging situation.

After the game against Dinamo, we will go with our prepared documents to the British Embassy.

"We hope they are able to accelerate the process, but we will know for certain what is happening on Monday.

"We have been told even the accelerated process takes a minimum of five days so that would obviously not be enough time for us."

The recent tensions between the UK and Russia have led to a tightening of visa applications between the countries and the process has been significantly lengthened.

Spartak were stunned when their visa application for their visit to Northern Ireland couldn't be completed just last month and their executive director Ekaterina Anisimova said: "We are really disappointed that political questions can interfere with sporting and cultural events.

"They have disturbed our player's development and progress, as well as our goodwill."

A Home Office spokesman responded by stating: "All visa applications are considered on their individual merits. We do not routinely comment on specific cases."

If FC Ufa weren't granted their visas on time, they would be left with no option but to forfeit the tie and allow Steven Gerrard's men a walkover into the group stages.

Will be never happen but the meltdown would be absolutely hilarious if it did :lol:

Just now, Public menace said:

Obsessed with Celtic. No need to mention them in the reply.

That’s what sevco fans alway say isn’t it? Am I doing it right guys??

Typical reaction to a Seb Coe win.

As my Jambo friends would say.... Pleasing....

I was impressed with the team from Ibrox today I have to admit. I thought we did ok but we were always struggling to really stay in the game, they were on a different level.

Best performance by an away team at RP since Aberdeen beat us 3-1 right at the very start of Clarke’s reign.

30 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I was impressed with the team from Ibrox today I have to admit. I thought we did ok but we were always struggling to really stay in the game, they were on a different level.

Best performance by an away team at RP since Aberdeen beat us 3-1 right at the very start of Clarke’s reign.

Decent enough post, Dindy.  You (as a poster) are recovering the form you showed in early closed-season but lost in the past few weeks ;)

Anyway, that's 9 competitive games under Oor Stevie.  My quick tally is:

GF: 13
GA: 4

We clearly did ok today having scored 5 goals to return a 3-1 win but, now we've shored up the defence, need to be scoring more.  We have to be aiming at an average of 2+ goals a game to progress against teams in Scottish competitions.

Rangers look decent the day. Very dangerous on counter attack. I’m surprised how much Steven Gerard has changed the team. Was a good game and disappointing we didn’t take our chance.
Also what was the song you were singing at half time. It never stopped!

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Definitely more plastic in govan these days oddball?

Apparently Liverpool are funding us dear reader, obviously if this isn't true then the Sevco high command will deny this.....

So, what did Steeeeeeeeveeeeee get paranoid about after this game?

Did Killie not show respect?

Was the ref “inconsistent”?

Were the pies bad?

Was it the pitch?

Are the authorities out to get them?

Did Killie play long/hoof ball?

All of the above?

Apparently Liverpool are funding us dear reader, obviously if this isn't true then the Sevco high command will deny this.....

Is this Liverpool thing something you have made up as a way to have a go at the fantasist blog by that guy Phil or is he actually reporting this?

13 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Big Borna in the Croatian squad for the nations league game. Hopefully he gets some minutes!

DlCRvf7W4AIh5Lt.jpg

The Athens striker who scored against Celtic last Tuesday also in the squad and hoping for his first cap.

So what you are saying is Rangers Croatian International Full back is in the Croatian national squad? Nah that can’t be right. Only last week the experts on pie and bovril were telling us our Croatian International isn’t a Croatian International!!! Pie and Bovril is never wrong!!!!11!!11!!!