Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Folks! I would not be surprised if the Glib petitions the shareholders to sign a document that they would not accept the offer if the offer was given. Would be a banterific moment from the Glib in a desperate attempt to con the court because he doesn't have the money in the first place. He'd try to slither his way out of jail time by motioning that he only needs £16.90 to buy from the only person willing to sell and there would be no need to put £11 million into a UK bank account and is having problems setting up one of the most simplest things you can do in the modern world. Would be fucking hilarious imo.

13 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Basically King has been told to make the offer or he might get the cold shoulder from them denying King access the banking facilities and the services of an accountant. Supposedly an effective method of compliance but in Kings case Rangers don't have a banking facility and neither do they possess the services of a chartered accountant at the moment.

So the Takeover Panel and the Court couldn't even burn the glibs neck red with a blow torch as things stand and as far as King is concerned it is the sum of f**k aw to even get bothered about. An itchy arsehole in public would be more of a nuisance to him at this point in time.

He'll do the bear minimal to evade being in contempt of court, no doubt he is trying to syphon out the money he gave as loans to the clumpany to rest in his fictional UK bank account before swiftly proclaiming to the bears he has acquired additional funding from his personal wealth and becomes the blue Messiah again.

All hinges on Kings ability to place the £11 million into a UK bank account to make offers to the other share holders to sell. We all know that most of the shares won't get taken up and King might only have to buy a few million pounds worth but his ability to have £11 million in the first place shows he doesn't have it at the moment. :lol:

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Folks! I would not be surprised if the Glib petitions the shareholders to sign a document that they would not accept the offer if the offer was given. Would be a banterific moment from the Glib in a desperate attempt to con the court because he doesn't have the money in the first place. He'd try to slither his way out of jail time by motioning that he only needs £16.90 to buy from the only person willing to sell and there would be no need to put £11 million into a UK bank account and is having problems setting up one of the most simplest things you can do in the modern world. Would be fucking hilarious imo.

I'm surprised that the media don't have you as their go to guy for Sevco info.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In no way am I in agreement with bennett here, but hellbhoy is dangerously obssessed with the ****

You should read my posts on Ragers Media. :) Can't decide which of my RM accounts is the best to quote for you. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Court told him to comply with the takeover panel, if he fails he could be held in contempt of court meaning Jail time or being banned from entering the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-44908488

At which point I'm assuming he becomes unfit to be involved in a football club?

Succulent. So very Succulent.

56 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Pretty easy to read Bennett.

I like Spiers, but he doesn't really go beyond stating the bleeding obvious here.

It's the journalistic equivalent of half as sing your job because it's Friday and you can't really be fucked. 

Unreadable, please try again.

Steven Gerrard can have few illusions about the size of the task — it is a herculean one — facing him at Rangers. This much was clear from Gerrard’s astonishing, stinging comments following his team’s sometimes woeful showing against Shkupi in the Europa League qualifiers.

Rangers navigated their way through to the next qualifying round, and will face Osijek of Croatia this coming week, but Gerrard was brutally frank about the state of his team and its collective ability. One way of putting it would be to say he was open and candid. Another way would be to say he looks quietly terrified of the size of the job facing him in trying to mould Rangers into a force again in Scotland, let alone Europe.

The other night a Rangers supporter on Twitter put up what he thought was the best current XI at Ibrox, including quite a few of the new faces Gerrard has brought in. In truth, it amounted to a Celtic reserve team. Not one of the players in that Rangers XI graphic would trouble Brendan Rodgers for a first-team berth at Celtic.

Let’s not be unfair to Gerrard: he is only weeks into his new job and has so much still to do. But I already suspect the new Rangers manager has a creeping sense of apprehension about what lies ahead. He is facing a monumental job.

The language Gerrard used after that 0-0 draw in Skopje on Tuesday was piercing. Some managers might have chosen to camouflage their thoughts with diplomatic dross, but Gerrard, on the contrary, went full confessional. He said he was “disappointed” in aspects of his team’s play. He talked of “a serious lack of quality in the final third”. He felt “concerned” and added that there was “a hell of a lot of work to do”.

The next day, reflecting on things further, the former Liverpool captain declared that his Rangers players “will have to start delivering” and that “it is going to get harder”. This was all refreshing stuff but Gerrard resembles a man suddenly realising he has a minor crisis on his hands.

I remain a firm Gerrard doubter. For the life of me, appointing a rookie manager at such a delicate time in the life of Rangers still looks a baffling decision. That being said, Gerrard deserves time aplenty to show us what he is about, and he speaks recurringly well in front of the media. If his media dealings are any gauge of how well he communicates with his players, then he does at least have this quality going forward.

His is confronted by two distinct hurdles. First, Gerrard has never done the job before, so he is learning quickly and bruisingly as he goes along. Second, just supposing this likeable Scouser does do well and raises Rangers’ standards … he will still be confronted by the economic handicap of an Ibrox club lacking any sustained income streams, while Celtic continue to stash away tens of millions from two recent — and is a third looming? — Champions League adventures.

The current air around Rangers is not good. Dave King, with previous legal blots on his reputation from his time in South Africa, continues to do battle with the Takeover Panel, a saga that has become embarrassing. Add to this King’s paranoia-drenched statement from three days ago, wherein he quotes a range of forces supposedly aligned against Rangers, including the media and others “who continuously attack our club” and who “wish our club to fail”.

What is this pap? This is Mr Angry on Twitter stuff. This is the sort of “world against us” nonsense that Celtic were lampooned for over decades. It appears to be contagious.

I wish Steven Gerrard the very best. He could certainly do without his club chairman being mired in all manner of other battles.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Pretty easy to read Bennett.

I like Spiers, but he doesn't really go beyond stating the bleeding obvious here.

You must have eyes of the hawk then, enlarging the page just makes it blurry but never fear - Drew has C&P the article.

Pretty bland stuff from the corduroy one.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You must have eyes of the hawk then, enlarging the page just makes it blurry but never fear - Drew has C&P the article.

Pretty bland stuff from the corduroy one.

Enlarging it did the trick for me and my pretty ropey eyesight.

As you say though, he doesn't actually say a great deal in that piece.

Getting back to the season for a bit, this Ryan Kent lad is both a good player and a horrible person apparently. Dunno if that's been covered on the thread. Went on loan to Germany and the club sent him back for being a dick.

I'm getting the sense that they think he's a really good player under it all. The guy telling me this is hardly an unbiased bystander so pinch of salt stuff, but it's worth keeping in mind.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Enlarging it did the trick for me and my pretty ropey eyesight.

As you say though, he doesn't actually say a great deal in that piece.

Well it was yet another Wee Drew C&P and he either didn't or couldn't read its contents.  Basing an article on a tweet from a Rangers fan?  Any sane person would have posted this dross on the Terrible Journalism thread.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Getting back to the season for a bit, this Ryan Kent lad is both a good player and a horrible person apparently. Dunno if that's been covered on the thread. Went on loan to Germany and the club sent him back for being a dick.

I'm getting the sense that they think he's a really good player under it all. The guy telling me this is hardly an unbiased bystander so pinch of salt stuff, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I know nothing about him apart from a couple of YTube videos.  Looks fast and direct in a position we're weak in so maybe a good addition?

I'd be embarrassed to f**k if he was nicknamed 'Big Jock' by some of our Neanderthal fans.

I know nothing about him apart from a couple of YTube videos.  Looks fast and direct in a position we're weak in so maybe a good addition?
I'd be embarrassed to f**k if he was nicknamed 'Big Jock' by some of our Neanderthal fans.
Has anyone said that or is this yet another example of your snidy nasty patter?

You think child abuse is funny, otherwise you wouldnt have posted that.

That’s quite a leap from what he said.

No it isnt. Why did he mention the "Big Jock" thing?

Because he wanted to look clever and make the joke, and make a shitey wee attempt to hide the fact that he is making the joke. Its always his MO. Vile.

No it isnt. Why did he mention the "Big Jock" thing?  
Because he wanted to look clever and make the joke, and make a shitey wee attempt to hide the fact that he is making the joke. Its always his MO. Vile.

I disagree with many things he says but finds child abuse funny? That’s quite an accusation from him saying he hopes no one does so.

It’s not something I’ve ever seen from him.