Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

The problem Murty has is that the fans think he is managing rangers and faliling to to compete  the old firm games.

In reality he's managing Sevco and there is no old firm.  Celtic are miles better than a 5 year old team and the expectation that Sevco should be competing with them is ludicrous.  Sevco have got a lot of building to do and dumping their manager every 4- 6 months does not help.

Any how, Crack on Sevco.  Might I suggest Lazlo as your new manager, or Kenny Miller, or Lee McCulloch or Bazza,

In Internet slang, a troll (/trl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Found that wee gem in Wikipedia. Now do piss off and leave us tribal philistines to our discussions on whether or not Murty's currants will completely implode come the end of the calendar year.

So let me get this straight.  The likes of McGregor, Naismith & Whittaker are all "the enemy" because they refused to jeopardise their careers by spending three or four years playing in the lower leagues of Scottish Football. 

However, the likes of Miller & Wallace, who played their part in "the journey", yet have tried their best to undermine yet another manager of the football club, are the good guys?

The Rangers fans are something else.  They'll never get back to the level they were at, the fans will never accept it and they'll be absolute seething messes forever more.  Absolutely glorious stuff!  If only there were people out there who said this Dave King wouldn't work out well in the end...

1 minute ago, Desp said:

So let me get this straight.  The likes of McGregor, Naismith & Whittaker are all "the enemy" because they refused to jeopardise their careers by spending three or four years playing in the lower leagues of Scottish Football. 

However, the likes of Miller & Wallace, who played their part in "the journey", yet have tried their best to undermine yet another manager of the football club, are the good guys?

The Rangers fans are something else.  They'll never get back to the level they were at, the fans will never accept it and they'll be absolute seething messes forever more.  Absolutely glorious stuff!  If only there were people out there who said this Dave King wouldn't work out well in the end...

Most of the players who left got better deals, but Wallace was happy to stay because he wouldn't have got a better contract elsewhere. Naismith is probably still earning more now, even though he's obviously a bit past his best, than Rangers (oldco or newco) have ever paid anybody. Gross of tax, at least.

2 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I feel as sorry for him as I can for anyone employed by Rangers. I think Murty's done a decent job, if you take into account his thin experience and the mess he was chucked into before Christmas. He's got the team to second, and for once Rangers' signing policy looks sustainable. It's also refreshing to listen to an interview with a Rangers manager which doesn't have an undertone of paranoia. He talks well.

I've no doubt he'll be judged by his results against Celtic, but they're streets ahead in every department and the guy's still learning. If he's lost the dressing room, though, then that's pretty much curtains, whoever is to blame.

Agreed.  He comes across as a decent bloke, and probably a decent coach in the long run.

The players he signed are relatively affordable (unlike the overpaid dross he was left with).    Jamie Murphy is about the best Rangers can afford at this point (although I'd be quite surprised if he was there next season, given the ballyhoo about the "agreed future transfer".  There's not one Rangers player who would get a game for Celtic.  Quite how they are expected to compete (by their fans or board) is beyond me.

On 11/04/2018 at 21:32, The_Kincardine said:

The SPFL Computer has been kind to us and we have 3 away game post-split:

Rangers v Hearts – Sunday 22 April – 12:30
Celtic v Rangers – Sunday 29 April – 12:00
Rangers v Kilmarnock – Saturday 5 May – 15:00
Aberdeen v Rangers – Tuesday 8 May – 19:45
Hibernian v Rangers – Sunday 13 May – 12:30

2nd is clearly in our own hands but I reckon we'll be lucky to get 8 points.  Anyone else more of an optimist?

Maybe the title needs changed again absent chairman absent manager thread,do you still want murty in charge kinky? 

King seems to be getting off fairly scot free in the media, from what I've seen. Murty can't be expected to work miracles given the complete lack of funds he has to work with. King really needs to provide the funding if he feels (The) Rangers are to challenge Celtic at all. I suspect that the financial criminal is yet another in the long line of utter charlatans who have mismanaged this club.

Don't get me wrong, it's all hilarious, but I feel sorry for Murty, he's an honest man and deserves better.

12 minutes ago, velo army said:

King seems to be getting off fairly scot free in the media, from what I've seen. Murty can't be expected to work miracles given the complete lack of funds he has to work with. King really needs to provide the funding if he feels (The) Rangers are to challenge Celtic at all. I suspect that the financial criminal is yet another in the long line of utter charlatans who have mismanaged this club.

Don't get me wrong, it's all hilarious, but I feel sorry for Murty, he's an honest man and deserves better.

I'm quite happy for the elephant in the room to go unnoticed tbh.

4 hours ago, Crroma said:

it's just a suggestion. You sound like someone so indoctrinated into football tribalism that you are in it for life. Shame. My condolences.

Listen mate, I agree with you.  However, tribalism and sheer hatred comes first in football.  A bit sad but that's the way it is bud...

Edited by come on shire

2 hours ago, velo army said:

They spent 11m in the summer. How much did Hibs or Aberdeen spend?

8 hours ago, Desp said:

So that's the third manager Kenny Miller has tried to get sacked in the last 12 months?

What a disgrace of a 'professional'.  Leaking stories to the press via his wife as well, fucking hell.  An absolute c**t of the highest order.

I feel sorry for whatever decent Scottish club takes him next.

Killie I'd imagine.