Jump to content
The_Kincardine

Follow Follow - Rangers 2018-19 Season

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I imagine that any new contract for Morelos isn't about keeping him but is about selling him - id est getting him to agree bigger wages in return for a much higher release fee.

I'll miss oor Alfie.  

The Ayr game was El Buffalo in microcosm.  His miss, bobble aside, was horrific, then he produces a lovely finish and another well worked goal.  He's as rough as f**k round the edges, but there's a really good striker in there if he continues to develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The Ayr game was El Buffalo in microcosm.  His miss, bobble aside, was horrific, then he produces a lovely finish and another well worked goal.  He's as rough as f**k round the edges, but there's a really good striker in there if he continues to develop.

In a nutshell.  Entertaining and effective.  Most enjoyable player we've had on our books for years.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why is he called El Buffalo?

Because he's a bloke.  Otherwise he'd be La Buffolo.  Your Spanish is clearly shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I would think if any bid in the region of what came in over January arrives then he'll be away.  

 

I think for the simple reason that we don't have another RB who is any good.  But I agree, there's a bit of the Alan Hutton about him.  I always feel if he didn't have to concentrate on his defensive duties he could really excel.

He has improved this season.   As for best in the league, I'm not sure about that. 

Statistically, Tavernier is comfortably the best RB in the league. Only O'Donnell and Naismith get anywhere close to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Statistically, Tavernier is comfortably the best RB in the league. Only O'Donnell and Naismith get anywhere close to him. 

That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He's massively improved defensively this season from what I've seen of him. Easily the best right back in the league.

 

 

12 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.

I think you're being unfair here.  Our Gable Endy pal got it right.  Tavernier is easily the best RB in the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too bad a signing for £200k, the defensive side of his game has improved a lot this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.


Nope, his defensive stats also tell you that he's the best right back in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.

DV8j_TCXcAIYBB-.thumb.jpeg.7b1e49cc70c7fc0536c5852f31f3ab1a.jpeg

Outer edge is the highest rating in the league for that stat. In essence, the closer you are to the edges, the better you are. 

Tierney is considered the best full back in the country, this is his. 

DV8iwARWAAAOz_S.thumb.jpeg.256893be51be8f9e473ae6e7ab78bead.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

DV8j_TCXcAIYBB-.thumb.jpeg.7b1e49cc70c7fc0536c5852f31f3ab1a.jpeg

Outer edge is the highest rating in the league for that stat. In essence, the closer you are to the edges, the better you are. 

Tierney is considered the best full back in the country, this is his. 

DV8iwARWAAAOz_S.thumb.jpeg.256893be51be8f9e473ae6e7ab78bead.jpeg

Looks like hundreds of millions of Dembélé dollars for Tav whereas wee Tierney can't tackle a fish supper.

Trebles all round!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks like hundreds of millions of Dembélé dollars for Tav whereas wee Tierney can't tackle a fish supper.
Trebles all round!


Tierney is still the best full back in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

wee Tierney can't tackle a fish supper.

 

Try telling that to our team, supporters, management. If it hadn't been for a fantastic tackle by Tierney on Ryan Edwards in the last minute on Saturday we would still be in the cup

Edited by Sting777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DV8j_TCXcAIYBB-.thumb.jpeg.7b1e49cc70c7fc0536c5852f31f3ab1a.jpeg
Outer edge is the highest rating in the league for that stat. In essence, the closer you are to the edges, the better you are. 
Tierney is considered the best full back in the country, this is his. 
DV8iwARWAAAOz_S.thumb.jpeg.256893be51be8f9e473ae6e7ab78bead.jpeg


Has Demitri Mitchell been here long enough to have stats like this done for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

 


Has Demitri Mitchell been here long enough to have stats like this done for him?

 

Dont think so, keep an eye on The SPFL Radar Twitter page as he'll probably pop up over the next few games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick note on those (fascinating!) radar plots.

There are two particularly strong reasons why they can't be used as a definitive indicator of "who's best", as well as several other minor reasons.

The first is that there's no reason to suppose that a bigger area has any special meaning, or that more high scores is necessarily a discriminant. To use such charts in this way would require a priori agreement on a set of criteria that define "merit": these are pretty relevant measures, in my opinion, but certainly not definitive. In any case, there is no weighting associated with the different values, and at the very least a weighted sum would be needed in order to combine the data into a single, comparable, figure of merit.

Secondly, the individual criteria are in some cases based on how often an opportunity arises, for example duels and blocking. It could well be argued that a better defender will integrate well with his midfield and help his team to control the game, and so actually deprive himself of a higher score in these areas.

Finally, to undermine my entire argument completely, I think these are excellent presentations of very interesting data. As long as they're not misinterpreted as having more relevance than they actually have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

 

  Tavernier is easily the best RB in the Premiership.

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Image result for stephen o'donnell kilmarnock

 

 

 

Tavernier may well be the best in #W38 mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you're being unfair here.  Our Gable Endy pal got it right.  Tavernier is easily the best RB in the Premiership.


I’d say he’s the best attacking fullback in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

 


I’d say he’s the best attacking fullback in the league.

 

Last year I would have  agreed totally, in fact if you go back 12-18 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was released, but id say he has improved defensively, not the finished article but definitely better. I think Candeias has helped him out with that. In the last game against Aberdeen at Ibrox it was his defending in the last 10 mins that got us the 3 points. He still has the odd mistake in him though, Re the hibs game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blue92 said:

Last year I would have  agreed totally, in fact if you go back 12-18 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was released, but id say he has improved defensively, not the finished article but definitely better. I think Candeias has helped him out with that. In the last game against Aberdeen at Ibrox it was his defending in the last 10 mins that got us the 3 points. He still has the odd mistake in him though, Re the hibs game.

Candieas has certainly made a huge difference.. We are excellent down the right hand side of the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×