Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

All teams in Scotland have down sized the players they can sign. Long gone are the days of Laudrup, Gascoigne, Di Canio, Larsson, Ravenelli, Gilhaus, Square, Latapy etc etc.

Yip, but the only fans that can't accept that fact are Sevconians. Wander into any of their cesspit, sectarian, bigoted sites and all you see is fantasy island signing targets. Must be a boot in the nuts for most of them to have Greg Docherty as their main January target......especially as he plays for one of the so called Scottish diddy sides....lol

Edited by Sting777

6 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Yip, but the only fans that can't accept that fact are Sevconians. Wander into any of their cesspit, sectarian, bigoted sites and all you see is fantasy island signing targets. Must be a boot in the nuts for most of them to have Greg Docherty as their main January target......especially as he plays for one of the so called Scottish diddy sides....lol

I don't, won't and have no intention of going into their sites.

Just have to take your word for it.

ps. When you say fantasy island targets, do you mean Tattoo?

judging that people will be desperate for him to fail if he goes to Sevco,  I hope he goes to a club out with Scotland but also one where he gets his fair share of Scottish football.

People with these types of attitudes really arent football fans imo. Wishing a young guy fails all because he plays at ibrox really is pathetic. I know its the popular thing to hate 'SEVCO' on here, but some people have let it totally consume them.

4 minutes ago, Blue92 said:

People with these types of attitudes really arent football fans imo. Wishing a young guy fails all because he plays at ibrox really is pathetic. I know its the popular thing to hate 'SEVCO' on here, but some people have let it totally consume them.

Not as bad as wishing death on people because of their religious faith, tbf.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Having the ginger whinger backing you up is hardly a great fillip, tbh :angel

Agreed, but I think it helps illustrate quite how bonkers the stance adopted by Ganonnball and Wastecoatwillie is.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

How the mighty have fallen. The old club signed Gascoigne, Klos, Laudrup, Butcher, Stevens etc, etc, now they are wetting their knickers over Greg Docherty  from (in their own words) diddy Hamilton Accies. Given that Accies were victims of a near £1,000,000 hit recently and Dochery is contracted until 2020, I can't see them waiting until the season money comes in, to let one of their better players go

Grrrrrr sevco are signing foriengers rather than players from Scotland, something needs done about them!!!!!

Grrrrrr Sevco are signing Scottish based players, something needs done about them!!

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

I don't remember Parkhead being half empty back in 09/10.

Unfortunately I’m basing my assertion on recorded statistics and you’re basing yours on an 8 year old memory of a team you don’t support and whose home games are rarely televised. In conclusion, I win.

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

Unfortunately I’m basing my assertion on recorded statistics and you’re basing yours on an 8 year old memory of a team you don’t support and whose home games are rarely televised. In conclusion, I win.

http://www.fitbastats.com/celtic/club_records_league_attendance.php

I'm not sure about that win to be honest.

You've hand picked one particularly low season.  A look at the details though, confirms a very clear picture of recorded attendances taking a prolonged dip when Rangers were out of the picture, before recovering markedly when Rangers joined the top flight.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/poor-attendances-suggest-celtic-need-rangers-1-3249508

I'm not sure about that win to be honest.

You've hand picked one particularly low season.  A look at the details though, confirms a very clear picture of recorded attendances taking a prolonged dip when Rangers were out of the picture, before recovering markedly when Rangers joined the top flight.

I said previously it’s a factor. It’s just not the only or probably the most important factor. Under Lennon, without Rangers, attendances were higher than the Mowbray season. 

And in 2009/10 you had two roughly 58,000 crowds to help prop up the average.

Edited by The OP

foriengers

Lol.

For the rest of your post - I was delighted when the old Rangers gave us a couple of million for Naismith, paid for all of his treatment through some bad injuries only for him to walk away declaring that Rangers and Sevco were two different clubs.