Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely someone must know what hearts fans did to save their club.....

I' can't be bothered listing everything we did. But there was all sorts of fundraising to keep us afloat while Budge and Jackson fought through administration.  FOH pledges too.

Short of raising over £100m to make both tax cases disappear, I'm not sure what else most Rangers fans could've done. I think we raised just over half a million through the poorly organised RFFF, which was obviously never going to be enough. Diddy fans boasting about "saving their club" is laughable. There's no comparison to be made, but I think most normal people realise that.

In other news, Atletico at around 2/1 tonight looks like free money, assuming they bring a decent team.

Edited by WeWereThePeople

Short of raising over £100m to make both tax cases disappear, I'm not sure what else most Rangers fans could've done. I think we raised just over half a million through the poorly organised RFFF, which was obviously never going to be enough. Diddy fans boasting about "saving their club" is laughable. There's no comparison to be made, but I think most normal people realise that.
In other news, Atletico at around 2/1 tonight looks like free money, assuming they bring a decent team.

Diddy club = less fans/gloryhunting dicks = Club Saved
Rangers 2012 = Biggest Most Successful Club in the world (my arse) with 500 million fans = Liquidation

Mon the diddies

4 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

As a proportion of overall fanbase, it's a fair comparison for other clubs to make. Hearts had something like £30m debt, and despite going into administration the club was saved. I've seen all sorts of figures about Rangers debt back in 2012, but let's just say it was £150m. I don't think it would be unfair to say that, as a proportion, Rangers have 5x more fans in Scotland and/or the rest of the world than Hearts. It's realistically more likely to be 10x the number fans really considering all the sad glory hunters around. And yet Rangers were absolutely nowhere near preventing the liquidation of their club, despite have a far greater number of fans proportionate to the level of debt their club had accrued.

If Rangers fans on average had chipped in the same amount that Hearts fans did, they would have done more than enough to save their club. But they didn't. They let it die instead.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

As a proportion of overall fanbase, it's a fair comparison for other clubs to make. Hearts had something like £30m debt, and despite going into administration the club was saved. I've seen all sorts of figures about Rangers debt back in 2012, but let's just say it was £150m. I don't think it would be unfair to say that, as a proportion, Rangers have 5x more fans in Scotland and/or the rest of the world than Hearts. It's realistically more likely to be 10x the number fans really considering all the sad glory hunters around. And yet Rangers were absolutely nowhere near preventing the liquidation of their club, despite have a far greater number of fans proportionate to the level of debt their club had accrued.

If Rangers fans on average had chipped in the same amount that Hearts fans did, they would have done more than enough to save their club. But they didn't. They let it die instead.

In a nutshell

25 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If Rangers fans on average had chipped in the same amount that Hearts fans did, they would have done more than enough to save their club. But they didn't. They let it die instead.

Hearts were 'saved' because their creditors accepted a CVA of pennies in the pound to allow Budge (not the fans) to buy it for £2.5 million-ish.

Rangers' creditors were offered a broadly proportional amount (£8.5M) but that was rejected by HMRC (who had previously been offered £10 million by The Mint to settle the EBT issue but also rejected that) leaving potential investors with no option but liquidation.

So comparing Hearts' situation where a quantified  debt with an accepted CVA and a sugar-mummy (not the fans) to pay the price and Ranger's situation with unquantified debt and a belligerent creditor who rejected a CVA for other reasons  is invidious.  

Still, if it allows the brain-dead diddies of P&B to chant their 'ye let yer club die' mantra then fine.  I'd never want truth to get in the way of cant.

Hearts fans punted well over £800k into the club to avoid immediate, no admin, no ****ing around, straight out liquidation.

Rangers fans sat on their farters chanting "we urra peepul tho" and took the scenic route right down the shitter.

If fans of a diddy club could stave off non-existence, you can only wonder at what fans of a world renowned giant of the game could have done.

Edited by JamieThomas

School night for me so I can't watch us taking on the might of Atletico Mineiro.  Hopefully tomorrow's discussion on here will be about football rather than unmitigated tosspots rehashing old and tawdry BRALT arguments.  Here's Murtinho being his winsome, honest and pragmatic self:

Aye, it's not as if you had a full decade of warning signs before it happened to start some form of fundraising effort. Funnily enough most of you lot just ignored all the signs and claimed it was just "diddy excitement", so please don't start claiming it was a total surprise and the fans had no chance of preparing for it.

History is repeating itself, btw, and yet still Rangers fans prefer to mock other supports than actively do anything to try and stave off future problems.

Hearts were 'saved' because their creditors accepted a CVA of pennies in the pound to allow Budge (not the fans) to buy it for £2.5 million-ish.
Rangers' creditors were offered a broadly proportional amount (£8.5M) but that was rejected by HMRC (who had previously been offered £10 million by The Mint to settle the EBT issue but also rejected that) leaving potential investors with no option but liquidation.
So comparing Hearts' situation where a quantified  debt with an accepted CVA and a sugar-mummy (not the fans) to pay the price and Ranger's situation with unquantified debt and a belligerent creditor who rejected a CVA for other reasons  is invidious.  
Still, if it allows the brain-dead diddies of P&B to chant their 'ye let yer club die' mantra then fine.  I'd never want truth to get in the way of cant.

So...I guess you're saying... Anne Budge saved the 'company' but the hearts fans saved the 'club'?

16 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

:lol:

"We're too big to fail"

"we got liquidated because we're so pure dead massive it was too hard to save us"

:lol: