Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 3/14/2019 at 16:07, sugna said:

I took a look at "transfermrkt", for an objective figure. I have no idea how reliable that site is, but it should at least have some data behind it, and shouldn't be biased in either direction. (So even if it's terrible, it may still be better than any other option.) They rate him at £2.7. That sounds low compared to recent (possible) hype; but not a bad increase relative to the £900k value on joining Rangers.

The goals he's scored in the Premiership this season, and a very quick "result without his goals" analysis, have been worth 7 points to Rangers. That assumes that the goals stand alone (which I'm calling my "goals don't change matches!" assumption :lol:), and that any player who would have played instead of him would have scored no result-affecting goals in any Premiership matches. Those are both gross and incorrect assumptions, and are simply to get a very rough handle on the asset that Rangers would be selling.

10 of his 16 goals did not affect the result, on the same assumptions as above. That may well tally with the idea that his contribution is, on average, less valuable in the closely-fought games.

Just playing with the public domain information. I admit I don't know what's likely to happen with Morelos; but I would guess that we won't get reliable information on that at any point.

Fucking hell, Angus, that was a painful read.  You know I usually like your posts but you really dropped a bollock there.  Most diddies who are pished and want to post about Rangers keep it short and snappy in the 'yer fuckin deid' mode or, if they're feeling especially loquacious, might say, "Yer fucking deid and so is your original team and I will laugh when you die again".

You, instead, took the 'write a novel about Rangers' approach and it really didn't work.  Decent punctuation, mind.

Disappointing day for we Scotland fans.  I didn't see the game but had hoped for a draw.  At least The International Bears distinguished themselves with Steve Davis scoring for TFS and Jordan Jones (A Bear in Waiting) getting much praise:

Croatia beat Azerbaijan and our own Borna assisted with a toe-poke . No match footage but this gives you an idea:

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Disappointing day for we Scotland fans.  I didn't see the game but had hoped for a draw.  At least The International Bears distinguished themselves with Steve Davis scoring for TFS and Jordan Jones (A Bear in Waiting) getting much praise:

Croatia beat Azerbaijan and our own Borna assisted with a toe-poke . No match footage but this gives you an idea:

Epic!! I mean, it's not quite Gazza banging them in at Euro 96, or all the Dutch and Italian stars youse had back then you couldn't afford, but at least you've found your level. Must be glowing with pride with at an assisted toe poke from your "own Borna.":unsure2:

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

[/url] Croatia beat Azerbaijan and our own Borna assisted with a toe-poke . No match footage but this gives you an idea:

Zak Rudden scored yesterday too. Disappointed you missed that one.

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye, that was an oversight.  Good result for the U19s with, I think, 5 Rangers players in the starting 11.

The boy seems to be banging in the goals for you.  Have you managed to watch him yet?  How would you rate him?

Edit: This is the link you wanted

Edited by The_Kincardine

Yes, my quoting skills were somewhat lacking there, I freely admit.

I have seen him a few times yes. He almost pretty single-handedly kept us in with a chance of staying up in the first place by being the only player we had pre-January who could score a goal, make a run, or do frankly anything of use in the final third. He actually scored against us for Sevcolts  in a sparsely attended Forthbank in the Challenge Cup.

Come January the goals have dried up a bit for him as we've improved massively. But he's a pest and still chips in with the odd strike. Always gives 100% and a very popular player.

28 minutes ago, bennett said:

Gibby appears to be Romeo's new hero.

Philip has been forsaken....

:lol: alot of people live rent free in your head Vicky, you should charge them and then you might be able to move out of that B&B and get your own place.. 

20 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, my quoting skills were somewhat lacking there, I freely admit.

I have seen him a few times yes. He almost pretty single-handedly kept us in with a chance of staying up in the first place by being the only player we had pre-January who could score a goal, make a run, or do frankly anything of use in the final third. He actually scored against us for Sevcolts  in a sparsely attended Forthbank in the Challenge Cup.

Come January the goals have dried up a bit for him as we've improved massively. But he's a pest and still chips in with the odd strike. Always gives 100% and a very popular player.

Hat trick for the boy today with wee Middleton getting the other for us vs Cyprus.

With Palmer and Finlayson playing for NI U21 (but both aged 18) and Joao Balde turning out for Portugal we do seem to be getting better at the academy.

£15k?

otherwell attacker Jack Hastie has agreed personal terms with Rangers as he closes in on summer transfer, Football Insider sources understand.
The Glasgow giants are closing in on the capture of superstar Hastie, who is out of contract at ‘Well at the end of the season and able to leave for a compensation fee.

A club source has told that the 21-year-old has agreed the terms of a four-year deal with Rangers worth £15,000-a-week including bonuses.
This will provide the Motherwell academy product with massive pay hike and demonstrates the massive strides he has made since returning to his club in January after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship bawbags Alloa Athletic.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

£15k?

otherwell attacker Jack Hastie has agreed personal terms with Rangers as he closes in on summer transfer, Football Insider sources understand.
The Glasgow giants are closing in on the capture of superstar Hastie, who is out of contract at ‘Well at the end of the season and able to leave for a compensation fee.

A club source has told that the 21-year-old has agreed the terms of a four-year deal with Rangers worth £15,000-a-week including bonuses.
This will provide the Motherwell academy product with massive pay hike and demonstrates the massive strides he has made since returning to his club in January after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship bawbags Alloa Athletic.

That's a shame.

A promising young player destined now to disappear without trace.

£15k?

Bloody hell if they’re paying a Motherwell kid £15K a week what the heck are they going to play internationalist Jordan Jones for his one decent cross in ten.