Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well done The Cubs.  A terrific win.  4 English 1 Irish clubs have taken part in the tournament since its inception but we're the first British team to reach the final and, naturally, the first British winner.

Well done, too, to Kai Kennedy (whose auld man must be 'one of us') for winning Player of the Tournament.

What a time to be a Bear!

Good to see (what I assume is) young Scottish talent win any competition. Perhaps good for the national team too, if the 'bears' can stop baying for players to boycott their own country.

Pity you had to drop in the old 'Kill All Irish' acronym thing there. I do know, when challenged on it, you'll insist you were referring to Mr. Johansen. :angel

8 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Ah but will dumpster ask SSC for his opinion ? 

‘She’s just jumping on his bandwagon , or is it Slippy G’s ? Mind that time ( for the avoidance of doubt the 1st game v Aberdeen ) he accused all of Scottish football having it in for sevco ? She’s a little late coming to the party or does it only count when something happens to your club ? 

She's right tho.

Trial by sportscene, what the bbc choose to highlight and leave out is very interesting.

Still photos being used to set agendas...

The compliance system clearly does not work.

Baying mobs basically bullying the SFA into doing what they want.

You do realise how ironic this is? 100,000 people signing a petition demanding the CO's resignation yet you come out with this cracker! We had a player get forearm smashed against St Mirren last weekend in full view of Collum which was a stick on red yet he only booked him. Was referred to the CO and no further action was taken. Ive yet to see our club snivelling about it and our fans demading resignations though

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

You do realise how ironic this is? 100,000 people signing a petition demanding the CO's resignation yet you come out with this cracker! We had a player get forearm smashed against St Mirren last weekend in full view of Collum which was a stick on red yet he only booked him. Was referred to the CO and no further action was taken. Ive yet to see our club snivelling about it and our fans demading resignations though

That is the point that Ms Dempster has made, the system clearly isn't working.

Yet some people still defend it for some reason.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

She's right tho.

Trial by sportscene, what the bbc choose to highlight and leave out is very interesting.

Still photos being used to set agendas...

The compliance system clearly does not work.

Of course she’s right.

Until the SFA compliance officer reviews every minute of every game in the SPFL they cannot be called impartial or fair and as they’re skint they don’t have the personnel to do that every week . The easiest route is therefore to listen the Scottish media who’s agenda is well known 

@bennett  So we can finally put this "theirz no beebeesee ban" shite to bed.

I'm sure everyone is both shocked and relieved to discover there is ongoing (almost certainly sectarian and/or racist) discrimination against the national broadcaster and the fault lies solely with concomitant FC.

We'd all appreciate your apologies I'm sure.

17 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'm sure everyone is both shocked and relieved to discover there is ongoing (almost certainly sectarian and/or racist) discrimination against the national broadcaster and the fault lies solely with concomitant FC.

You’re awfy quiet Bennett. We’re all waiting for your apology and confirming that even you know that the BBC aren’t allowed into Ibrox.

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re awfy quiet Bennett. We’re all waiting for your apology and confirming that even you know that the BBC aren’t allowed into Ibrox.

Sorry I never replied immediately, was eating.

Britney taking spin to a grand master level.

The BBC after ignoring us for years, asked to come back to cover games but wouldn't interview any sevconians. Should Sevco accept being treated differently from ever other club?

Interesting that Stewart says that the BBC have confirmed in writing that they treat us differently.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Britney taking spin to a grand master level.

The BBC after ignoring us for years, asked to come back to cover games but wouldn't interview any sevconians. Should Sevco accept being treated differently from ever other club?

Interesting that Stewart says that the BBC have confirmed in writing that they treat us differently.

Do you understand why the BBC refused to enter Ibrox?

It was because Rangers objected to one of the BBC reporters, Chris McLaughlin, working in Ibrox.

Hence the BBC - supporting their employee - decided not to play ball with Rangers.

Rangers (I understand) still wont allow that reporter to work at Ibrox - which is tricky as he is the BBCs head sports reporter..............

So, the BBC, offered an olive branch (personally I would have offered a bag of jobbies) to Rangers by suggesting they could cover the matches. But they also presumably told Rangers that unless McLaughlin is allowed back in to do his job, then they cant do interviews/pre and post match etc.

Is that simple enough for your pea sized brain to comprehend?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He certainly speaks very eloquently. However, a couple of points from his interview. He mention “trial by Sportscene”, and is obviously having another dig at the BBC. However, unless he is extremely thick, I’m sure that he must realise that the Compliance Officer will watch any available Scottish football programmes that are broadcast. So she will watch matches on Sky Sports, BT Sports and Premier Sports, who also do in depth analysis of any contentious action from matches, as well as Sportscene every week. So I think it is more balanced to say “trial by a TV footage” rather than having a go at the BBC. Also, he never once mentions why the BBC are reticent to send reporters into Ibrox, not once. 

He certainly speaks very eloquently. However, a couple of points from his interview. He mention “trial by Sportscene”, and is obviously having another dig at the BBC. However, unless he is extremely thick, I’m sure that he must realise that the Compliance Officer will watch any available Scottish football programmes that are broadcast. So she will watch matches on Sky Sports, BT Sports and Premier Sports, who also do in depth analysis of any contentious action from matches, as well as Sportscene every week. So I think it is more balanced to say “trial by a TV footage” rather than having a go at the BBC. Also, he never once mentions why the BBC are reticent to send reporters into Ibrox, not once. 
He is extremely thick.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hibs made a similar statement a few days ago in which LeeAnn Dempster specifically mentioned trial by sportscene influencing the compliance officer. I'm sure you'll agree that Hibs have axe to grind with the BBC and are just saying what is obvious.

"I don’t want to re-referee games. But if you’re going to do it it has to be done in a fairer way because I don’t think it is at the minute. If you’re going to re-referee a game, re-referee the whole game – not just a part of it.

“My understanding is a complaint was made and that’s why it was brought to the attention of the compliance officer. Who made the complaint is never disclosed but it can be anyone, including a fan.

“Trial by Sportscene? Absolutely, no one is going to convince me otherwise. That is exactly what it is, as well as still photography.”

As Stewart said there is a correlation between what sportscene chooses to highlight and what the compliance officer looks at. The system is not working.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hibs made a similar statement a few days ago in which LeeAnn Dempster specifically mentioned trial by sportscene influencing the compliance officer. I'm sure you'll agree that Hibs have axe to grind with the BBC and are just saying what is obvious.

"I don’t want to re-referee games. But if you’re going to do it it has to be done in a fairer way because I don’t think it is at the minute. If you’re going to re-referee a game, re-referee the whole game – not just a part of it.

“My understanding is a complaint was made and that’s why it was brought to the attention of the compliance officer. Who made the complaint is never disclosed but it can be anyone, including a fan.

“Trial by Sportscene? Absolutely, no one is going to convince me otherwise. That is exactly what it is, as well as still photography.”

As Stewart said there is a correlation between what sportscene chooses to highlight and what the compliance officer looks at. The system is not working.

Of course Hibs - like most clubs - are pissed off by the current compliance officer nonsense.

Trial by "sportscene" is a generic term for football on tv, fairly obviously.

However Hibs havent stopped BBC employees from working at Easter Road, or made nonsensical suggestions that the BBC are in some way complicit.

I note you havent responded to mine about Chris Mclaughlin above?

Edited by Green Day