Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

44 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Big difference between a European game & a game against Stranraer (no offence to any Stranraer fans intended).
Also, you shat it from a Hibs casual, after loudly proclaiming you had “done them” you are an embarrassment, pipe down mr ICF. Your hard man act has, quite rightly come back to haunt you.

What utter drivel :lol:

ive never shat it from Hibs fan or casual in my life 

I suppose if you tell a lie often enough ...,

20 hours ago, bennett said:

A complete lack of contrition and humility there, fcuking Sevco!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr...

What a fud. Starting to sink in that it's going to be another year of The Journey when the **** have overspent that your going to win absolutely f**k all?

Delicious. 

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Jamie Barjonas has just signed for us on loan for the rest of the season

Anyone know much about him?

Barjonas is a good player who needs some game time.  He played about half a dozen games for us last season and didn't look out of place.  He seems to read the game well and also has an eye for goal.

I think he'll do well for you.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Barjonas is a good player who needs some game time.  He played about half a dozen games for us last season and didn't look out of place.  He seems to read the game well and also has an eye for goal.

I think he'll do well for you.

That wouldn't be hard.

Any clues on what type of player/how good Sean Goss is?
We've just signed him on loan.

When he played in a winning Sevco team:

Absolutely phenomenal, £20 million player. Future captain, makes Pirlo look like Ian Black.

When he played in a losing Sevco team:

100% a *******, sent here by the Catholic Church to destroy our club. Get him to f**k.

Don’t ask the SS to give you a judgement on a player mate.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He looked decent when he first came to us, imposed himself well in games.  He had a dip in form, I seem to remember that he got hooked at half time in one of the maulings at Parkhead and then disappeared from the team until a couple of sub appearances towards the end of the season.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Played really well when he first joined then mysteriously dropped out of the team and never really recovered.

think he may have been the player Jimmy Nichol was talking about recently who wouldn't apply himself in training. (just a guess though and maybe why he's ended up where he is, with the greatest of respect.)

Just now, thepundit said:

Played really well when he first joined then mysteriously dropped out of the team and never really recovered.

think he may have been the player Jimmy Nichol was talking about recently who wouldn't apply himself in training. (just a guess though and maybe why he's ended up where he is, with the greatest of respect.)

We're needing someone to sit deep in midfield, take the ball of defenders and build attacks for us, as just now we end up just hoofing it as there's nobody willing to take the ball under pressure. Think he's up to that?

Aye seen that article, players like that don't tend to survive our dressing room, if it's true then he'll either have it knocked out of him, or he'll vanish after a month.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're needing someone to sit deep in midfield, take the ball of defenders and build attacks for us, as just now we end up just hoofing it as there's nobody willing to take the ball under pressure. Think he's up to that?

Aye seen that article, players like that don't tend to survive our dressing room, if it's true then he'll either have it knocked out of him, or he'll vanish after a month.

Bold bit 1.  Absolutely.  The guy is a talented player, without doubt.  Good vision and the ability to deliver a pass.  If he plays as he can then he'll be a real asset to you.
Bold bit 2. That's the imponderable.  We were a shambles under Murty/Nichol and no one came out with any credit.  I hope he does well for you.

Question to @KnightswoodBear, @thepunditsince you've posted today:

How would you assess 'our window'?  I suppose the only 3 worth discussing are Davis, Defoe and Kamara and I'm unconvinced by all three.

On the bright side, we still have Alfie and Tavernier.

Is Goss not the one who was the youngster who showed huge promise at Man Utd but had a serious injury and career stalled?

He looked a classy player with a great range of passing. He actually might be an inspired signing and fit in well with St Johnstone and give them something they don’t already have. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I do.

He's exactly that type of player and can pick out a pass or defence splitting through ball. Good set piece taker too. :) 

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Question to @KnightswoodBear, @thepunditsince you've posted today:

How would you assess 'our window'?  I suppose the only 3 worth discussing are Davis, Defoe and Kamara and I'm unconvinced by all three.

On the bright side, we still have Alfie and Tavernier.

Nice to have a boring window rather than needing a whole new team for a change. I think Davis and Defoe will do well. Nothing spectacular. Did we really need two more midfielders though? Probably not. Absolutely delighted Buffalo and Tav have stayed. They would have been a huge loss and very difficult to replace.

The Kamara signing is an interesting one. Could end up the best signing of the window even though no really cares. Greegsy was the best signing in the summer and I don't think anyone was expecting that either. Then again, he'll likely be lucky if he makes 5 appearances from the bench between now and the summer. I can only imagine Rangers brought him in now just to get him away from the club he was at rather than to help win the championship this season.

Cup win midweek?  Comfortable away win for Hertz?  A 4 goal win at Ibrox?  Scotland winning at egg-chasing?

The only thing to make this week complete is Bro Andrew Dallas being roused from his Govan opium den in time to officiate at Perth tomorrow.

On 2/1/2019 at 05:19, thepundit said:

I'd hate to see Jimmy Nicholl's training methods.
I imagine there would be a lot of flutes and fathers' sashes involved.