Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 hours ago, thepundit said:

Of the Premiership teams involved, I reckon Dundee, Motherwell and Hamilton could go out in this round.  Agree?...

Easily your best predictions to date.

Hopefully Dundee still do.  We hammered them 1-1 this afternoon.

28 minutes ago, Daydream said:

They were covering 100% of Wilshire’s 6 figure weekly Arsenal contract, supposedly.

Fair dues, the money that floats about down there is mental. Is Andy Carroll not on a similar salary at West Ham?

He's played about five games in five years yet probably has millions.

Fair dues, the money that floats about down there is mental. Is Andy Carroll not on a similar salary at West Ham?
He's played about five games in five years yet probably has millions.

Andy Carroll has been on insane money since Kenny Dalgleish signed him for Liverpool. Kenny flipping Dalgleish. That was years ago!!!

Hugely disappointed that our big Celtic pals haven't commented on today's 3-2 thrashing of Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi - we all know they'd have watched the game. 

Some decent performances by both clubs - with the young Jordan Houston looking mature beyond his years.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Has the gin kicked in mid sentence or have you thrashed the intro to Skat Man?

That is quite the most idiotic post you have ever made, young Gammonballs.

Better you get back to being offended by our Airdrie pals on your match thread.

i doubt defoes wage is less then the rough £70k a week thats been put about. remember how many offers in england the boy had before signing for Bournemouth in the premier league. the boy wont be too far off that £70k a week mark.

unless Bournemouth have had a collective stroke and financing this or he is writting off a huge proportion of his wage to be at castle greyskull rangers cant afford him.

just using basic education is enough to see this wont end well.

On 1/20/2019 at 00:58, The_Kincardine said:

I just scrolled through the past couple of pages.  Apparently we're paying an unknown % of Defoe's unknown wages.  Shocking.

Oh now we have enlightenment:

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

i doubt defoes wage is less then the rough £70k a week thats been put about. remember how many offers in england the boy had before signing for Bournemouth in the premier league. the boy wont be too far off that £70k a week mark.

unless Bournemouth have had a collective stroke and financing this or he is writting off a huge proportion of his wage to be at castle greyskull rangers cant afford him.

just using basic education is enough to see this wont end well.

There we have it.  'just using basic education' has confirmed what I suspected:  We're paying a massively unknown % of Defoe's massively unknown wages.

There we have it.  'just using basic education' has confirmed what I suspected:  We're paying a massively unknown % of Defoe's massively unknown wages.
my point is that its not difficult to work out that rangers must be putting a hell of an amount into this deal and anyone can work that out.

do you seriously think Bournemouth have agreed to thus move if rangers are only coverung 10-20% of his wage? rangers are backing a striker they think can deliver the league but are backing him with big money.

by the way i think Defoe will destroy the premiership if hes fit and up to it. bet he cant wait to see central park!

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:

my point is that its not difficult to work out that rangers must be putting a hell of an amount into this deal and anyone can work that out.

do you seriously think Bournemouth have agreed to thus move if rangers are only coverung 10-20% of his wage? rangers are backing a striker they think can deliver the league but are backing him with big money.

by the way i think Defoe will destroy the premiership if hes fit and up to it. bet he cant wait to see central park!

I wouldn't waste your time. Their fans claim they couldn't save their club as the debt was too much for them to pay off, as if they hadn't been warned for a decade their debt was getting to unsustainable levels.

I wouldn't waste your time. Their fans claim they couldn't save their club as the debt was too much for them to pay off, as if they hadn't been warned for a decade their debt was getting to unsustainable levels.
i have the same debate with my mate whps staunch rangers. i point out they will fall to pieces when the well runs dry. he says king will support them. i point out that king has done everything in his power to not put money into the club. shambles from top to bottom but all the supporters care about is stopping 10 in a row

Before he signed for Bournemouth there were a few papers reporting it as a 3 year deal worth £20m, so that'll be where the £130K pw has come from. This website has him on £100K though:  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/payroll/

No idea which is more accurate, but neither figure is unthinkable given the current climate in the PL.

On 20/01/2019 at 00:28, Daydream said:

Andy Carroll has been on insane money since Kenny Dalgleish signed him for Liverpool. Kenny flipping Dalgleish. That was years ago!!!

Being lined up for a move to Spurs to cover during the loss of Deli Ali :huh:

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're not alone in that regard tbh. They ARE alone in that the unsustainable debts were too much and they died. When you have as many fans over the world as they did, the "it's too much!" excuse doesn't wash. They simply didn't give enough of a f**k to do anything about it, and they sat, and they watched their club die.

It kind of sums them up. I'm no sort of superfan and haven't been to a game all season. But if things went tits up at Morton, I'd do every bit I could to try and save them. And fans of every other club would too. THEY wouldn't though.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Before he signed for Bournemouth there were a few papers reporting it as a 3 year deal worth £20m, so that'll be where the £130K pw has come from. This website has him on £100K though:  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/payroll/

No idea which is more accurate, but neither figure is unthinkable given the current climate in the PL.

I'm sure sevconians can come up with an innovative arrangement to reduce that by 45% or thereabouts...