Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

United will be back at some point though, Roberto, unlike Rangers.

Because Rangers died. You must remember it. It was hilarious.

Best thing to ever happen in Scottish football. Imagine just letting the team die. Do nothing about it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

5 hours ago, thepundit said:

However, Dundee Utd were quite happy to kick us when we were down so now that they've come begging the answer should be no.

But as pointed out, nearly all the clubs in Scotland loved kicking Rangers when they were down.  It's a lingering source of genuine shame that mine wasn't part of the righteous majority.

What is it specifically, that sets Dundee United apart for you?  Did they behave differently from all those others, or is it just that the party line has them as villains, and they used to be called Dundee Hibernian?

Can't believe people have forgotten about Rangers biting the big one !

image.jpeg.81eb28686a1c54c24e393d44e6b94c69.jpeg

It was in all the papers at the time !

image.jpeg.8f3ea4fd3eb7ac461ed5d9e9130361c2.jpeg

They even brought out commemerative shirts.

image.jpeg.dc7bdaa1988341dd2e89415c9154e0d7.jpeg

and had a big closing down sale in an attempt to pay the face painter.

image.jpeg.9df80142a0f47eb4b3e59a0ce7113055.jpeg

When everything died down and no one had been paid, a tribute club called "the  rangers", was thrown together.

A lot of the old crowd go there now.

But as pointed out, nearly all the clubs in Scotland loved kicking Rangers when they were down.  It's a lingering source of genuine shame that mine wasn't part of the righteous majority.
What is it specifically, that sets Dundee United apart for you?  Did they behave differently from all those others, or is it just that the party line has them as villains, and they used to be called Dundee Hibernian?

Rangers cheated like f**k. They killed themselves off. Every other teams fans would try to save there own club. Rangers didn’t. Simple.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not bothered about their previous name. Hell, I've been referring to Rangers as 'Glasgow Rangers' my whole life and its never been their name. 

You say "nearly all" clubs in Scotland loved kicking Rangers when they were down. Not actually true. Their fans did, but in Dundee Utd's case the club itself had a lot to say. Add to that the fact they fleeced Rangers fans by charging for a ticket twice for the same fixture (match was originally abandoned at half time)

All water under the bridge now but just don't expect any favours. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Did happen, unfortunately.
No refunds offered to fans and tickets for the replay were sold at a discounted rate of a reported £12.
So you got 1 and a half matches and paid for 1 and a half matches?

Exactly the same scenario us United supporters had to go through so its best to put it into context

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Qots never kicked us tho, you guys deserve praise for that....