Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I’ve never claimed I was right, I said from the start that this was ‘imo’, I know how society sees these problems and I understand that, but I, as someone who seldom drinks, never gambles and doesn’t smoke, just don’t get it and I get that others won’t see my point of view. I never tried to force my option on anyone, I was asked to prove why I wasn’t guilty of double standards so I did.

I understand how society sees racism as a problem, but happen to think the blacks are just being oversensitive and were I to be racially abused, I would be strong enough take it on the chin. So far that reason I will continue to drop the N bomb because IMO its ok.

Thats about equivalent to your bullshit.

Almost guaranteed he blames the mods. The shitebags always do.

Deleting posts Drew??

Yes, I deleted posts, they had reached their target audience, I don’t really want to engage with anyone else on the subject. I have my views and they have theirs and kincys rangers thread isn’t really the place to discuss them. As for livilions claim that I’m a shitebag, what do you base that on?

I stand by my view on the subject, weak people self indulge, strong people self reflect. Not being able to give serious thought about your actions and how they impact others is not an illness, it’s selfish.

I don't often say that opinions are wrong. That attitude does my nut in. But yours definitely is. And this new "I don't want to talk about it" stance you're taking because you flat out aren't willing to say that you COULD be wrong, is even more pathetic than the one where you simply ignore all sorts of evidence on the subject to stick to the idea that it isn't an illness.

If you can't look at trained professionals saying it's an illness, and can't see the sheer nature of addiction and how people with it act and react, and be able to say "I might be wrong on this one" then there's seriously no hope for you.

I did state that ‘I never claimed my opinions are right’ they are just my opinions, that was around the point where I was called a p***k. Maybe I’m addicted to these opinions and I’m so mentally ill that I need help to change my mind on the subject, that’s how it works, right? You take money out your kids pocket, metaphorically of course, to buy fags while depriving them of so many things but it’s cause you’re ill, not selfish in the slightest.  

I know you don’t want to engage on it anymore but you deserve called out on this.

You’re wrong. You’re very wrong. I realise you’ve had personal experience which I’m sure was very bitter but it doesn’t make your views right. Don’t let your past experience make you so ignorant.

Of course there’s an element of personal responsibility and ultimately addicts need to help themselves to get out of it but do not underestimate the power of a mental illness to make people make bad choices.

Your view I would guess is held exclusively by people who haven’t experienced it themselves.

Anyway others have said everything there is to say but your views are frankly pretty abhorrent.

Fair enough, but I’ve been through this 100 times at home, my partner is a social worker and attends AlAnon in a weekly basis, has done so for 20 odd yrs as her dad was an abusive drunk, and I’ve had this conversation over and over, so nothing that a stranger on a football forum says is gonna change my abhorrent opinion.
This isn't something you get to have an opinion on. It's fact. It's a lack of knowledge on mental illness that you have, not an opinion.

Great example of why we need better education on mental health issues. 

This episode has been very educational and I take on board all that has been said on the subject, in future I’ll try not to be so judgemental on people who clearly have a problem much deeper than I first thought.

7 hours ago, Tartantony said:
8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Fair enough, but I’ve been through this 100 times at home, my partner is a social worker and attends AlAnon in a weekly basis, has done so for 20 odd yrs as her dad was an abusive drunk, and I’ve had this conversation over and over, so nothing that a stranger on a football forum says is gonna change my abhorrent opinion.

This isn't something you get to have an opinion on. It's fact. It's a lack of knowledge on mental illness that you have, not an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions, you don't have to agree with them but they are entitled to them.

Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions, you don't have to agree with them but they are entitled to them.

Not in relation to the above discussion. Someone may hold the opinion that 1+1 = 3 but they would be wrong. I don't expect you to get it Benny, after all you think liquidation is an opinion.

20 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
2 hours ago, bennett said:

Not in relation to the above discussion. Someone may hold the opinion that 1+1 = 3 but they would be wrong. I don't expect you to get it Benny, after all you think liquidation is an opinion.

The irony.....

Now that the Prof Anthony Clare tribute acts have fucked off we can get back to discussing football:

On 12/17/2018 at 12:06, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sevco have apparently only scored 1 goal from open play in their last 6 games.

'goals from open play' is a phrase of the footballing charlatan which ranks close to, 'he got something on the ball', 'denied by the woodwork' and 'false number 9' in any litany of footballing twaddle.

We've had a patchy December but, surprisingly enough, we're leading the December table along with Killy - with both teams being the only ones to have collected more than 9 points in their past 5 games.

Now that the Prof Anthony Clare tribute acts have fucked off we can get back to discussing football:
'goals from open play' is a phrase of the footballing charlatan which ranks close to, 'he got something on the ball', 'denied by the woodwork' and 'false number 9' in any litany of footballing twaddle.
We've had a patchy December but, surprisingly enough, we're leading the December table along with Killy - with both teams being the only ones to have collected more than 9 points in their past 5 games.

Methinks the gentleman doth protesteth too much........[emoji50].....and does not address the point at hand.
The floor is yours, Kinky...........🕺🏻

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Methinks the gentleman doth protesteth too much........emoji50.png.....and does not address the point at hand.
The floor is yours, Kinky...........

What do you want me to say?  We're shite because we're top of the league over all and joint top of the December league?  This proves the validity of the 'goals from open play' trope?