Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 09/10/2018 at 23:26, The_Kincardine said:

This is shit, MT.  You use the phrase 'clubs like' to probably get you out of gaol but never have I seen any Rangers fan on here draw a parallel with M'borough.

Still, you have spent more time talking about Sevco than me so you can point us to where these Rangers/M'borough parallels were drawn and by whom.a

A very quick search reveals that Frank de Bear did just that on the Jim Spence thread, while Tedi did so on the BRALT.

And Cowanthebluenose did it on the 'No respect for old Rangers' thread.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

13 hours ago, bennett said:

So much for a 50/50 split...

Every Semi Final / Final should be a 50/50 split on tickets. I say this as a season ticket holder who may possibly miss out on a ticket. 

That said every club should sell tickets in batches meaning if any club cannot sell their allocation the other club is given the chance to sell the rest or they go on public sale to neutrals 

11 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Every Semi Final / Final should be a 50/50 split on tickets. I say this as a season ticket holder who may possibly miss out on a ticket. 

That said every club should sell tickets in batches meaning if any club cannot sell their allocation the other club is given the chance to sell the rest or they go on public sale to neutrals 

This is the correct answer.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is the correct answer.

I'd say the correct answer is that the other club should only get more tickets if the team selling less allows it. They should be able to decide if the other side gets more of a home advantage.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'd say the correct answer is that the other club should only get more tickets if the team selling less allows it. They should be able to decide if the other side gets more of a home advantage.

They'd have decided that by not selling all their tickets.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Don't be fucking stupid.

Are you advocating that the unsold tickets should remain unsold if the club decides that they shouldn't be given to the other side?  Or a public sale, which lets be honest, are just going to be bought by fans of the other side anyway?

eta: Which throws up a whole new segregation problem.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Why? Why should people miss out because one side would have a few thousand more fans. It shouldn’t really make that big a difference on the pitch.

50/50 until the point one side can’t sell and then hand them over.

Rangers quarter final match in the league cup was 30% down on their average attendance this year. Their home matches the year before were also 30% lower than their average attendance and the year before were 40% down on their average attendance.

It's a bit rich for them to complain about not getting a 50/50 split when their own fans can't be arsed going to league cup matches until they realise they wont get a ticket for the semi final

I’ve no idea why any normal person would think that it is ok to split the tickets for a neutral semi final so that one team initially has more than half of the attendance. As others have said, if one team then can’t sell any sections of tickets given to them, these tickets should be offered to the other club, if they want them. It’s simple common sense. For a club to think that they are entitled to be given, from the outset, more than half of the tickets, beggars belief. What any team’s average attendance, season ticket numbers, world wide fan base is, is completely irrelevant.

Whilst I agree that people shouldn't miss out due to one Clubs inability to sell tickets than the other but wasn't the issue raised by Aberdeen that their fans would have initially have been sold inferior tickets (East Stand) as opposed to the better situated North stand tickets? 

As mentioned by previous Posters, it would create a segregation issue to make these North stand tickets available to the Rangers if the full allocation wasn't sold by Aberdeen.....so not really something to criticise the SPFL about.

I think one thing everyone agrees upon, regardless of which Club they support, is that Hampden is a fucking dump!

No Man City game on?

8 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

What a way to spend an evening...

Nah, didn't take long.  This place has a search function you know.

It's weird though isn't it.  I say something which Kincardine dismisses as "shit" before explicitly requesting that I provide some evidence for my initial claim.

When I do, I'm the dick.

Extraordinary.

Edited by Monkey Tennis