Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Trying too hard for staunchness points 

I am sincere. Those running Rangers ran us into the ground. I blame nobody outwith the club for that. Some I blame more but they were all connected to the club.

The ‘youse pure died btw’ is the stuff for playgrounds 

Trying to claim we are not your biggest more successful rivals is also poor trolling. You just have to look at the clamber for tickets for Semi Final tickets etc. Where’s your club hiding the huge banners you used while we are out the top flight :lol:

Your entitlement shines through Bob,like you i don't speak for any other Celtic fan,i'm sure the club you follow follow will have it's day in the sun and you will celebrate like it is the first just like inverness and st johnstone.
The clamber for tickets have always been the same for semi-finals and finals so it's a mooted point.
As far as rivals go Aberdeen have that mantle in the league with motherwell in the cups,sevco must do better Bob.

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your entitlement shines through Bob,like you i don't speak for any other Celtic fan,i'm sure the club you follow follow will have it's day in the sun and you will celebrate like it is the first just like inverness and st johnstone.
The clamber for tickets have always been the same for semi-finals and finals so it's a mooted point.
As far as rivals go Aberdeen have that mantle in the league with motherwell in the cups,sevco must do better Bob.

:thumsup2

4 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Why were these ‘legal schemes’ not declared to the SFA?

You know there's a rather large thread called the bralt in the former Sevco forum dedicated to exciting posts like this....

8 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Absolutely.

Sir David Murray is very to blame and he was Rangers!!

. Under his tenure we enjoyed some great times and I was privileged enough to watch some great players. Laudrup , Gascogne, Van Bronkhurst and so on. 

SDM used others , such as Dave King , and used their money and my money to chase some impossible dream. 

It was not my fault that SDM used legal tax avoidance schemes. Tbh I cared little where the money was coming from. I am an average football fan who was just enjoying the football.

It is absolutely nobodies fault but Rangers as to what happened. 

Did the punishment fit the crime? I’m not sure if it did but at the time I was happy enough I still had a club to support. IMO other clubs in the past have escaped very lightly after gross financial mismanagement but that is not my concern. My only concern now is Rangers Football Club.

I cant and won’t speak for any other Rangers fan but I blame those who ran our club for destroying the club . They did it all on their own and I find it quite unbelievable nobody other than Whyte has been in court.

I can even understand some of the real hatred directed at Rangers. I know what the support are like. I sit with them every week and there is a fairly large amount of utter Arseholes. For years we lorded it over others and our fall was pretty dramatic. I get that.

Again speaking for myself I would take no joy in seeing other clubs in our situation (obviously 1 or 2 exceptions). I would wish them all the best and would hope the footballing authorities and other clubs would do all they could to help them as it’s the supporters who suffer the most. 

So yes it was absolutely Rangers fault where we ended up and nobody else 

Not bad.

You're quite right about Murray being wholly to blame.  Obviously, you're right too about the punishment failing to fit the crime.  The other financially mismanaged Scottish clubs haven't been liquidated, or registered dozens of players in deceitful terms over hundreds of matches.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not bad.

You're quite right about Murray being wholly to blame.  Obviously, you're right too about the punishment failing to fit the crime.  The other financially mismanaged Scottish clubs haven't been liquidated, or registered dozens of players in deceitful terms over hundreds of matches.

I never said the other clubs had. 

Speaking for myself it sticks in my throat that the RFFF paid Dunfermline the monies owed yet they still demanded and received payment from the Oldco and then they themselves went into Administration and got away with a zero in the £ CVA.

Then again it isn’t the average Pars fans fault so I wish them nothing but the best. 

Dundee have been in a very similar situation to Rangers when they were wholly owned by Shysters and the fans were helpless as their club was run into the ground 

It’s always the fans who suffer in these situations while unscrupulous owners move on unscathed 

BUT 

The point was will any Rangers supporter admit it was wholly Rangers fault without the whataboutery and yes I do admit it and have absolutely no problem with starting again in the lower leagues. I travelled to all away games through the journey and hope the money generated helped the lower league clubs. I still think the SFL should have demanded more during the negotiations as the lower league clubs will never again be in such a strong position... then again you might be happy with what you got. 

I was just happy to have a club to support as there were nights I went to bed not knowing if my club would be there in the morning. I wouldn’t wish that on any football supporter. If I’m being totally honest not even Celtic fans (but I ll deny I said this in the future). 

9 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Speaking for myself it sticks in my throat that the RFFF paid Dunfermline the monies owed yet they still demanded and received payment from the Oldco and then they themselves went into Administration and got away with a zero in the £ CVA.

Then again it isn’t the average Pars fans fault so I wish them nothing but the best. 

Dundee have been in a very similar situation to Rangers when they were wholly owned by Shysters and the fans were helpless as their club was run into the ground 

It’s always the fans who suffer in these situations while unscrupulous owners move on unscathed 

BUT 

The point was will any Rangers supporter admit it was wholly Rangers fault without the whataboutery and yes I do admit it and have absolutely no problem with starting again in the lower leagues. I travelled to all away games through the journey and hope the money generated helped the lower league clubs. I still think the SFL should have demanded more during the negotiations as the lower league clubs will never again be in such a strong position... then again you might be happy with what you got. 

I was just happy to have a club to support as there were nights I went to bed not knowing if my club would be there in the morning. I wouldn’t wish that on any football supporter. If I’m being totally honest not even Celtic fans (but I ll deny I said this in the future). 

Mostly fair.

I agree that it's hard to argue that what happened at Dundee or Dunfermline, or Hearts or Livingston was morally any more defensible.  The fact is though that they weren't liquidated because the people they cheated lacked HMRC's muscle.

The fact Rangers were liquidated does make a material difference. It's what led directly to there being a re-birth that had to apply for a berth in which to play football.  That the admission happened three levels beneath the top one wasn't really a punishment.

The  deceitful registration of players sits entirely apart from that of course, although there's an ultimate link. In terms of punishment for that though, what we've had has been utterly inadequate.

2 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

just querying a small point in  Bob Williamson's post on THIS thread.....

Sorry Ken. I am just your average football fan and I have very little knowledge of the intricacies f the whole saga 

If you’re still looking for the finer detail of the Rangers saga you’re far better asking a Celtic fan 

Sorry Ken. I am just your average football fan and I have very little knowledge of the intricacies f the whole saga 
If you’re still looking for the finer detail of the Rangers saga you’re far better asking a Celtic fan 

Admittance of Celtic fans superior intelligence?

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

BUT 

The point was will any Rangers supporter admit it was wholly Rangers fault without the whataboutery and yes I do admit it and have absolutely no problem with being unfairly fast tracked into the third division ahead of other more deserving teams who had paid their dues. I travelled to all away games through the journey and hope the money generated helped the lower league clubs. I still think the SFL should have demanded more during the negotiations as the lower league clubs will never again be in such a strong position... then again you might be happy with what you got. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Bob doing his best to try and seem sensible after days of seething and frothing at the mouth.

It’s a football forum ya maniac. I ll never be a seething mess posting on here. I just usually don’t take it too seriously.  You should try it sometime 

The Morelos ‘goal ‘ that was disallowed was a truly awful decision. Just because Rangers won the game in second gear doesn’t change that. 

The BBC were highlighting refereeing howlers last weekend yet chose to ignore the two most glaring mistakes as they were against Rangers. As the BBC say themselves it is an ongoing situation and I am going to continue to highlight it at every opportunity. I’m not seething about it. IMO Rangers should ban them completely and forever.