Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Is it possible for Sevconians to admit wrongdoing on the part of their dead club without immediately comparing it to something Celtic did?

Are you hobgoblins capable of supporting your club without literally every single thing being viewed in context of how it compares to Celtic?

45 minutes ago, nsr said:

Is it possible for Sevconians to admit wrongdoing on the part of their dead club without immediately comparing it to something Celtic did?

Are you hobgoblins capable of supporting your club without literally every single thing being viewed in context of how it compares to Celtic?

Wrongdoing

Admittance

Totally

Prohibited

3 hours ago, nsr said:

Asking for some preparation time prior to a European cup final is hardly a "wrongdoing" young sir.

5 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

The UEFA Final issue aside for a moment, the Green and Grey’s played the SFA like a Violin on this and without shame, and then had the brass neck to talk about the need for sporting integrity.

Their actions that season were low, even for them. Did they ever go on that highly lucrative 2008 tour of Japan...

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

Asking for some preparation time prior to a European cup final is hardly a "wrongdoing" young sir.

Their actions that season were low, even for them. Did they ever go on that highly lucrative 2008 tour of Japan...

What is it like to be so bitter, all of the time?

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Read again, didn’t I say there was plenty of fair criticism to be made as to how our club was run? We’ve made our mistakes sure, but it sticks in the craw a wee bit though when a club like Celt*c play the integrity card. That is all!

In terms of integrity though, every single Scottish club, even Celtic, has displayed more of it than Rangers.

16 hours ago, nsr said:

Absolutely.

Sir David Murray is very to blame and he was Rangers!!

. Under his tenure we enjoyed some great times and I was privileged enough to watch some great players. Laudrup , Gascogne, Van Bronkhurst and so on. 

SDM used others , such as Dave King , and used their money and my money to chase some impossible dream. 

It was not my fault that SDM used legal tax avoidance schemes. Tbh I cared little where the money was coming from. I am an average football fan who was just enjoying the football.

It is absolutely nobodies fault but Rangers as to what happened. 

Did the punishment fit the crime? I’m not sure if it did but at the time I was happy enough I still had a club to support. IMO other clubs in the past have escaped very lightly after gross financial mismanagement but that is not my concern. My only concern now is Rangers Football Club.

I cant and won’t speak for any other Rangers fan but I blame those who ran our club for destroying the club . They did it all on their own and I find it quite unbelievable nobody other than Whyte has been in court.

I can even understand some of the real hatred directed at Rangers. I know what the support are like. I sit with them every week and there is a fairly large amount of utter Arseholes. For years we lorded it over others and our fall was pretty dramatic. I get that.

Again speaking for myself I would take no joy in seeing other clubs in our situation (obviously 1 or 2 exceptions). I would wish them all the best and would hope the footballing authorities and other clubs would do all they could to help them as it’s the supporters who suffer the most. 

So yes it was absolutely Rangers fault where we ended up and nobody else 

On 18/09/2018 at 12:59, BobWilliamson said:

No. The question is why has it taken so long? 

The other question is why tell half a story? 

Name and shame them!

This is only the beginning. When Gilmore left St Mirren he admitted the Scottish game is being run for the benefit of one club

Yeah, it's a struggle to understand why a prominent Rangers fan struggling for a job is playing up to Rangers fans. It's such an uncommon occurance. 

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Absolutely.

Sir David Murray is very to blame and he was Rangers!!

. Under his tenure we enjoyed some great times and I was privileged enough to watch some great players. Laudrup , Gascogne, Van Bronkhurst and so on. 

SDM used others , such as Dave King , and used their money and my money to chase some impossible dream. 

It was not my fault that SDM used legal tax avoidance schemes. Tbh I cared little where the money was coming from. I am an average football fan who was just enjoying the football.

It is absolutely nobodies fault but Rangers as to what happened. 

Did the punishment fit the crime? I’m not sure if it did but at the time I was happy enough I still had a club to support. IMO other clubs in the past have escaped very lightly after gross financial mismanagement but that is not my concern. My only concern now is Rangers Football Club.

I cant and won’t speak for any other Rangers fan but I blame those who ran our club for destroying the club . They did it all on their own and I find it quite unbelievable nobody other than Whyte has been in court.

I can even understand some of the real hatred directed at Rangers. I know what the support are like. I sit with them every week and there is a fairly large amount of utter Arseholes. For years we lorded it over others and our fall was pretty dramatic. I get that.

Again speaking for myself I would take no joy in seeing other clubs in our situation (obviously 1 or 2 exceptions). I would wish them all the best and would hope the footballing authorities and other clubs would do all they could to help them as it’s the supporters who suffer the most. 

So yes it was absolutely Rangers fault where we ended up and nobody else 

I was tempted to give you a greenie for that Bob but wasn't sure how sincere you where,maybe your learning from dodgy Dave giving the sevco supporters what they want to here the same for the pie & bovril posters,for me the term old firm is dead just like the club before 2012,the Glasgow derby brings the worst out in your support and i hate what it represents.
I had no doubt that 10's of thousands of fans would be lost to the game in Scotland if rangers were not aloud to start again by the govern bodies because it's in your DNA.
For me there was no chance fans would go and support their local clubs if rangers had disappeared.
Sevco are just another club just like Hibs,hearts and Aberdeen the only difference is they play in the same city as Celtic and partick th.
The west coast mentality has disappeared. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I was tempted to give you a greenie for that Bob but wasn't sure how sincere you where,maybe your learning from dodgy Dave giving the sevco supporters what they want to here the same for the pie & bovril posters,for me the term old firm is dead just like the club before 2012,the Glasgow derby brings the worst out in your support and i hate what it represents.
I had no doubt that 10's of thousands of fans would be lost to the game in Scotland if rangers were not aloud to start again by the govern bodies because it's in your DNA.
For me there was no chance fans would go and support their local clubs if rangers had disappeared.
Sevco are just another club just like Hibs,hearts and Aberdeen the only difference is they play in the same city as Celtic and partick th.
The west coast mentality has disappeared. 

Trying too hard for staunchness points 

I am sincere. Those running Rangers ran us into the ground. I blame nobody outwith the club for that. Some I blame more but they were all connected to the club.

The ‘youse pure died btw’ is the stuff for playgrounds 

Trying to claim we are not your biggest more successful rivals is also poor trolling. You just have to look at the clamber for tickets for Semi Final tickets etc. Where’s your club hiding the huge banners you used while we are out the top flight :lol: