Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't get where folk are saying this is pish money.  They seem to be using the example of Waghorn moving on for £6m after leaving us, but that's between two Championship clubs with more money than sense in an inflated market.

He may well go on to move somewhere for bigger money, and I'm sure we'll get a cut of it.  In my opinion, he's not good enough, has the heart of a mouse and thinks that he's better than he is.  1 decent game in 5 is not something we can afford to carry.  

£2m is a fair price, i'd say.

Who knows what is happening...

8 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

2m is crazy money, considering we just sold a player for only a bit more who could have his way with him whenever he pleased.

McGinn with a few years more on his contract would have gone for £4m+. I'd say £2m for Windass is decent in comparison.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

It's difficult not to use Waghorn as an example, given he had a poorer return in terms of goals. I would probably say £2m is definitely at the lower end of what I would be asking for.

For all his inconsistency and his incredibly punchable face, he has pace to burn and a good first touch and can carry a team 60 yards up the park quite well. Replacing that ability, as well as the 20 odd goals he will get you, is far from assured with £2m.

Tavernier on the other hand is an absolute abomination of a defender. Why anyone would be willing to pay a 7 figure fee for him is beyond me. Unless he is playing at a team who do spend most of the game going forward, he is going to be worse than useless.

Tav, in my opinion, is far more valuable to the team.  Provides assists, consistently, and chips in with more than his share of goals from RB.  His defensive shortcomings are well documented, but I can see him playing further forward if Stevie Ger moves to a back 3.

Windass, as I've said, is a luxury player, who isn't anywhere near the player he thinks he is.

I think the figures being quoted for both players are about right.

I'd also like to point out that I just don't like Windass. 

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Tav, in my opinion, is far more valuable to the team.  Provides assists, consistently, and chips in with more than his share of goals from RB.  His defensive shortcomings are well documented, but I can see him playing further forward if Stevie Ger moves to a back 3.

Windass, as I've said, is a luxury player, who isn't anywhere near the player he thinks he is.

I think the figures being quoted for both players are about right.

I'd also like to point out that I just don't like Windass. 

He definitely offers a lot going forward, and has been the most creative Rangers player in the side any time I have seen them in the last few years, but that creativity has been offset by the amount of goals he has gifted the opposition.

As for your last sentence, I can definitely understand why someone would feel that way about a boy with his face.

Edited by Ross.

Just now, Ross. said:

He definitely offers a lot going forward, and has been the most creative Rangers player in the side any time I have seen them in the last few years, but that creativity is definitely offset by the amount of goals he has gifted the opposition.

As for your last sentence, I can definitely understand why someone would feel that way about a boy with his face.

And his fucking hair, don't forget that.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

As a diehard Ayr united fan, I like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe. I think Rangers are doing pretty well in recruitment under Steven Gerrard. 

Would be nice to see Rangers through a couple of rounds :-) gives me reason to go to the pub. 

The premier league looks more exciting this year since Gerrard has took over. It'll be close this year. :-) 

Agreed. It's been dull.
Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all playing  for 2nd this season.

As a diehard Ayr united fan, I like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe. I think Rangers are doing pretty well in recruitment under Steven Gerrard. 
Would be nice to see Rangers through a couple of rounds :-) gives me reason to go to the pub. 
The premier league looks more exciting this year since Gerrard has took over. It'll be close this year. :-) 

Ayrshire man wanting Rangers to do well.

That’s unusual.