Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

56 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

My mate is an Ipswich fan and knows people at the club. It appears they have a 1.25 million bid on the table and Rangers are negotiating for a big sell on fee. Ipswich see him as the replacement for Waghorn after his 5.5 million move to Derby.

Replacing Waggy with Windass?  Don't see it myself.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to wonder why, he's always seemed a bit of a weak link in your defence. 

Thought his defensive play had improved recently but his attacking abilities make him a valued player.

32 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Would be surprised if Rangers were to sell their captain and a full back who gets more than his fair share of assists and goals for £3m. Hope he goes though!

I agree there.  I also think that his defensive frailties, in part, were due to us having an abysmal set of defenders last season with no one to back him up.

I hope we keep him - even if you don't ;)

Would be surprised if Rangers were to sell their captain and a full back who gets more than his fair share of assists and goals for £3m. Hope he goes though!

It’s not 3M

Not even half that amount.

I agree there.  I also think that his defensive frailties, in part, were due to us having an abysmal set of defenders last season with no one to back him up.
I hope we keep him - even if you don't [emoji6]

I don’t think the others around him were up to much, not sure the boys that have come in are any better but not seen much of them.

It’s not 3M

Not even half that amount.

Even less chance of him going then I suppose.

4 minutes ago, energyzone said:
8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
^^^clicked on the link IMO

You know me - can't resist a new Gers top.

Tricky for me to comment, bud, as I've been upbraided this evening for using the word 'Greek'   How are you with a new Gers bottom?

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Why are they replacing Waghorn with Windass?
2 different types of player.

Also Tavernier is the best RB in Scotland by some distance. He would walk into the Scotland team.

Better than Lustig?

11 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Think he’s a great player for you tbh. Think they’ll up the bid?

Not sure we will see by 5pm today.

Think West Brom badly need a right-back but have been very reserved in the market compared to the other relegated sides. Might mean they'll have more cash to spend but could also mean they'd balk at a higher asking price.

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

My mate is an Ipswich fan and knows people at the club. It appears they have a 1.25 million bid on the table and Rangers are negotiating for a big sell on fee. Ipswich see him as the replacement for Waghorn after his 5.5 million move to Derby.

Ah well we'll see. I'd hope we wouldn't sell for that amount.

interesting to see if Rangers get Windass and Tavernier away today to give Gerrard more funds.

What do the rangers fans think? I'd say worth punting them to give money to strengthen other areas...2 strikers for a start....

A bit disruptive with the Maribor game on though.

12 minutes ago, d31 said:

interesting to see if Rangers get Windass and Tavernier away today to give Gerrard more funds.

What do the rangers fans think? I'd say worth punting them to give money to strengthen other areas...2 strikers for a start....

A bit disruptive with the Maribor game on though.

I'd sell for Windass for the right price. More than price quoted in the price anyway.

I wouldn't sell Tavernier at all unless the offer is ridiculously high.