Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I see Tav has signed a new deal.  Still not convinced by him defensively, but you can't argue with his results going forward.

Supposedly working out a new deal for Morelos as well. 

Good news.  Tavernier has matured a lot under Murty and is an important player for us.

I'd like to keep Morelos for another season but I'd imagine he'll be off in the summer.

I see Tav has signed a new deal.  Still not convinced by him defensively, but you can't argue with his results going forward.
Supposedly working out a new deal for Morelos as well. 

He's massively improved defensively this season from what I've seen of him. Easily the best right back in the league.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good news.  Tavernier has matured a lot under Murty and is an important player for us.

I'd like to keep Morelos for another season but I'd imagine he'll be off in the summer.

I would think if any bid in the region of what came in over January arrives then he'll be away.  

23 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I dont understand why he isn't used more as a winger?

I think for the simple reason that we don't have another RB who is any good.  But I agree, there's a bit of the Alan Hutton about him.  I always feel if he didn't have to concentrate on his defensive duties he could really excel.

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's massively improved defensively this season from what I've seen of him. Easily the best right back in the league.

He has improved this season.   As for best in the league, I'm not sure about that. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I would think if any bid in the region of what came in over January arrives then he'll be away.  

Indeed.  I imagine that any new contract for Morelos isn't about keeping him but is about selling him - id est getting him to agree bigger wages in return for a much higher release fee.

I'll miss oor Alfie.  

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I imagine that any new contract for Morelos isn't about keeping him but is about selling him - id est getting him to agree bigger wages in return for a much higher release fee.

I'll miss oor Alfie.  

The Ayr game was El Buffalo in microcosm.  His miss, bobble aside, was horrific, then he produces a lovely finish and another well worked goal.  He's as rough as f**k round the edges, but there's a really good striker in there if he continues to develop.

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The Ayr game was El Buffalo in microcosm.  His miss, bobble aside, was horrific, then he produces a lovely finish and another well worked goal.  He's as rough as f**k round the edges, but there's a really good striker in there if he continues to develop.

In a nutshell.  Entertaining and effective.  Most enjoyable player we've had on our books for years.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why is he called El Buffalo?

Because he's a bloke.  Otherwise he'd be La Buffolo.  Your Spanish is clearly shite.

35 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think for the simple reason that we don't have another RB who is any good.  But I agree, there's a bit of the Alan Hutton about him.  I always feel if he didn't have to concentrate on his defensive duties he could really excel.

He has improved this season.   As for best in the league, I'm not sure about that. 

Statistically, Tavernier is comfortably the best RB in the league. Only O'Donnell and Naismith get anywhere close to him. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Statistically, Tavernier is comfortably the best RB in the league. Only O'Donnell and Naismith get anywhere close to him. 

That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

12 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That may well be true, but if we actual measure him on being a RB and being able to defend, then that probably tells a different story.

I think you're being unfair here.  Our Gable Endy pal got it right.  Tavernier is easily the best RB in the Premiership.

Nope, his defensive stats also tell you that he's the best right back in the league.

59 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

DV8j_TCXcAIYBB-.thumb.jpeg.7b1e49cc70c7fc0536c5852f31f3ab1a.jpeg

Outer edge is the highest rating in the league for that stat. In essence, the closer you are to the edges, the better you are. 

Tierney is considered the best full back in the country, this is his. 

DV8iwARWAAAOz_S.thumb.jpeg.256893be51be8f9e473ae6e7ab78bead.jpeg

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Outer edge is the highest rating in the league for that stat. In essence, the closer you are to the edges, the better you are. 

Looks like hundreds of millions of Dembélé dollars for Tav whereas wee Tierney can't tackle a fish supper.

Trebles all round!

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

wee Tierney can't tackle a fish supper.

Try telling that to our team, supporters, management. If it hadn't been for a fantastic tackle by Tierney on Ryan Edwards in the last minute on Saturday we would still be in the cup

Edited by Sting777

Has Demitri Mitchell been here long enough to have stats like this done for him?