Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

If I understand correctly, the dispute was always there. It's just that liquidation takes time and it's only now that the smouldering remains of Rangers are being divvied up. The liquidator has to work out what percentage of the pennies go to each creditor and it costs more for HMRC to fight a court battle over whether they're owed 60% or 40% of Rangers remaining assets (£3.50 in loose change, one box of Mark Hateley calendars dated 1994 and half a bag of Haribo) than they'll win.

So was this always likely to happen?

Would HMRC not be better now reducing the bill to next to nothing then?

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

HMRC's amended bill is still £68.3M as communicated by Rangers' liquidators, BDO.  I've no idea where this figure of £20M comes from.

BDO.PNG

If we're still talking about such large amounts of debt, then today's developments are utterly immaterial.

Is it true that it's really just penalty sums that have been reduced?  If so, then the pitching of this story is hugely misleading.  Rangers were inevitably heading towards liquidation anyway, because Murray could not have got near coping with the reduced bill either.

45 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Alright, I'll be honest.  

I'd be sorry to hear Rangers had been overcharged by HMRC.  I think many of those saying it would be funny because it would mean it all happened for no good reason, are probably kidding themselves.  I'd be sorry because I dislike Rangers and want them to be as guilty as possible. 

I've got some questions though:  If as Ross claims (forgive my ignorance here) HMRC are reducing the bill because it won't be collected anyway, how does that benefit HMRC?  I don't really understand the argument there.

Also, how big and how significant is the discrepancy between the bill sent, and the one now being seen as apparently appropriate?  I'm guessing the case is that the smaller bill would not have compelled Murray to sell the club to any passing crook?  How small would the bill have needed to be for Murray to have behaved less desperately?

In truth, I've never been too hung up on continuation.  The bigger issue for me was always to do with trophy stripping for deliberately providing false information when registering dozens of players over hundreds of matches.  That was never satisfactorily resolved and today's caper has no bearing on it.

Finally, why the Hell are we discussing this in here?  To the BRALT everyone...

It will save on lawyers fees as they're no longer trying to prove that Rangers owe the higher amount, as I understand it.

I'm surprised the braindead ****' empty skulls haven't imploded at the thought of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs being part of this grand conspiracy to bring them down. Is the Queen a kaflyk now too?

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Oh, Kincy. The vast majority of **** on here gave up years ago - even most thickos get fed up being objects of ridicule eventually. Outside of the regular reincarnations of AWRA and the loony cabbie and sundry disposabigots we're basically left with you and Bennett. What do you reckon that says about you, staunch defenders of the cause or what?

For the most part it's a football forum and long-standing Rangers fans such as me, @KnightswoodBear, @bennett, @dorlomin, @alta-pete@54_and_counting, all of whom have posted on here for at least 8 years, prefer to post about our team and join in on various other P&B threads without fear or favour.

We reserve the right to laugh at utter diddies who flood our threads with the usual tosh like you have just done. 

Edited by The_Kincardine

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

For the most part it's a football forum and long-standing Rangers fans such as me, @KnightswoodBear, @bennett, @dorlomin, @alta-pete@54_and_counting, all of whom have posted on here for at least 8 years, prefer to post about our team and join in on various other P&B threads without fear or favour.

We reserve the right to laugh at utter diddies who flood our threads with the usual tosh like you have just done. 

But...but....but....

What about @TavTastic

If we're still talking about such large amounts of debt, then today's developments are utterly immaterial.
Is it true that it's really just penalty sums that have been reduced?  If so, then the pitching of this story is hugely misleading.  Rangers were inevitably heading towards liquidation anyway, because Murray could not have got near coping with the reduced bill either.

As much as it pains me to acknowledge, monkey knocks it out the park at the first attempt. £20m/£60m//£100m makes zero difference to where we were going. Murray fucked it, he then found a patsy to dump it on and the rest is well documented history. Away to the BRALT for more detailed analysis if that’s what gets you off.

For the most part it's a football forum and long-standing Rangers fans such as me, [mention=9645]KnightswoodBear[/mention], [mention=36489]bennett[/mention], [mention=32985]dorlomin[/mention], [mention=65075]alta-pete[/mention], [mention=31367]54_and_counting[/mention], all of whom have posted on here for at least 8 years, prefer to post about our team and join in on various other P&B threads without fear or favour.

Hey, thanks for the menshie! But, in fairness, the principal motive in joining was to play Dead Pool (diddies insert you own Sevco joke here) although I let my football allegiance take over when the winter nights ain’t so cold and the Reaper ain’t so busy.

But, yes, to confirm your view:

IMG_0328.jpg