Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Interesting stats.

201602391f64dcd6cef903804428001e.png

The entire article is good - Modern Fitba do some really good work. https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2020/10/23/not-all-attacks-are-equal

Some really interesting insights in it. Celtic creating almost as many xG from counter attacking as they do from building from the back is one that really stands out, must be a stark contrast to the Rodgers team.

The insight about Hibs was very interesting too - not over committing in attack once you've built a lead seems to be very important.

From our perspective, it just underlines much of what we know watching this side. It's a legitimately good Rangers team.

Thinking about Bassey and what he ends up looking like once he fully develops. I actually think his best position will end up being one that we don’t play atm - the LCB of a back three. 

If we ever wanted to play 3 at the back, a system like this would look pretty good I think:

McGregor

Goldson Helander Bassey

Tavernier Davis Jack Barisic

Roofe Morelos Kent

If you wanted 3-5-2, you just swap Kent for Arfield and pull him back. 

51 minutes ago, G51 said:

Thinking about Bassey and what he ends up looking like once he fully develops. I actually think his best position will end up being one that we don’t play atm - the LCB of a back three. 

If we ever wanted to play 3 at the back, a system like this would look pretty good I think:

McGregor

Goldson Helander Bassey

Roofe Morelos Kent

I wouldn’t be particularly against that but I think Bassey would need a bit of work as on each occasion I’ve seen him, while he has been relatively impressive, he has this tendency every so often to get caught under the ball and has no awareness of runs in behind him.

He strikes me as someone that is going to get caught out a few times and concede goal-scoring opportunities and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gives away a few penalties in his time with us.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wouldn’t be particularly against that but I think Bassey would need a bit of work as on each occasion I’ve seen him, while he has been relatively impressive, he has this tendency every so often to get caught under the ball and has no awareness of runs in behind him.

He strikes me as someone that is going to get caught out a few times and concede goal-scoring opportunities and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gives away a few penalties in his time with us.

His positioning needs a lot of work, but he’s played 4 games in his senior career. The mental side of things will come with matches, and for now he’s big and quick enough that he can overcome a lot of his errors just through his physical attributes. 

I love the 4-2-3-1 and the twin 10 formations, so I wouldn’t switch formation now anyway. But I think it’s interesting that we’ve brought in a player that gives us that option.

3 hours ago, G51 said:

McGregor

Goldson Helander Bassey

Roofe Morelos Kent

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I must say you two are a breath of fresh air on here compared to the other Rangers fans.

Just a passing thought. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I must say you two are a breath of fresh air on here compared to the other Rangers fans.

Just a passing thought. 

Haha, you should’ve seen my first week here! I was being accused of being anyone and everyone, presumably Rangers fans before me that were banned 😂

21 minutes ago, supermik said:

A few Liege players have tested positive for covid since Thursday. Could game (and points) be in doubt for tomorrow?

I hope not. I’d assume Rangers players would’ve been tested at some point yesterday or today. I think we would’ve heard by now if there were any covid cases. Fingers crossed anyway. 

2 hours ago, supermik said:

A few Liege players have tested positive for covid since Thursday. Could game (and points) be in doubt for tomorrow?

Well it's Livi so points are always in doubt when we play them but I can't see us, given our size of squad, being unable to  have 13 players available.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

Haha, you should’ve seen my first week here! I was being accused of being anyone and everyone, presumably Rangers fans before me that were banned 😂

Join the club mate.

I came on here and everyone insisted I was Magee....................whatever happened to him?

I agree with Henrik by the way, it's good to know there are at least two decent h*ns out there.

On 24/10/2020 at 11:10, AJF said:

On 24/10/2020 at 11:16, G51 said:

His positioning needs a lot of work, but he’s played 4 games in his senior career. The mental side of things will come with matches, and for now he’s big and quick enough that he can overcome a lot of his errors just through his physical attributes. 

Bassey for me looks like a left sided central defender who is learning to be a left back. Looks a handy player though. Fucking unit too. Wonder who’d win a square go between him and Edmundson.