Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I would Imagine being forced to live in a bedsit would mean you might not have a great deal of valuables /clothes or lack of facilities to wash them. TBH some Celtic fans dish out the ‘soap’ type retorts regarding the **** and its primary school patter really.

Why would you assume that? You do know a bedsit is basically just a small open-plan flat other than the bathroom? Not sure why you assume anyone has been forced either. Could be through choice or bound by budget or circumstances.

Edited by 8MileBU

Also worth mentioning that the expression 'green and greys' isnt being accuratly portayed here as staunch Sevcovites will attest to
Kincardine drops the ball occasionally and switches it round to the rhyming slang version. This is because he is a massive bigot.

Why would you assume that? You do know a bedsit is basically just a small open-plan flat other than the bathroom? Not sure why you assume anyone has been forced either. Could be through choice or bound by budget or circumstances.
^^^ takes exception to description of a bedsit but not to racial slurs.

Obviously not surprised in the slightest [emoji57]

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Obviously not surprised in the slightest emoji57.png

Forgive my ignorance, but who has been making racial slurs?

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Forgive my ignorance, but who has been making racial slurs?

No-one. It was an ethnic slur. Up to those slurred how much noise they want to make of it but I very much think there are a couple of inhabitants of this thread that are just itching to jump in and claim solidarity as a faux offendee. I have failed in this instance but I do try my best to deny them the oxygen of attention. It is all that they crave.

No-one. It was an ethnic slur. Up to those slurred how much noise they want to make of it

Whilst I agree that sometimes folk steam in, not because they are offended but because they see a chamce to dig someone out, this first bit is all wrong. It's not the sole responsibility of the persecuted to call out persecution

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Obviously not surprised in the slightest emoji57.png

Think you’ll find as opposed to taking exception, I provided the description of a bedsit seeing as yer man needed educating on it.

Edited by 8MileBU

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Forced is probably the wrong term to use but its not exactly desired accommodation unless homeless. I have only known two people to end up in them and they didn't paint a pretty picture and weren't in them for long. Handy for a means to an end to get back on your feet however.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Twinkle said:
Also worth mentioning that the expression 'green and greys' isnt being accuratly portayed here as staunch Sevcovites will attest to

Kincardine drops the ball occasionally and switches it round to the rhyming slang version. This is because he is a massive bigot.

4 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Firstly, It was a b&b Bennett claimed he lived in.

Secondly, he claimed his alias Vicky The Viking was sharing the b&b wifi.

Thirdly, Bennett is a cock.

So basically I have been fed a bum steer with what the term ‘Green and grey’  really means and now it also turns out the guy in question never really stayed in a bedsit :lol: Mobilised the *** hoardes to be faux offended over nout ffs. Tried googling it but cant be arsed sifting through disturbed Rangers fan sites finding out. 

Edited by gannonball

51 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Forced is probably the wrong term to use but its not exactly desired accommodation unless homeless. I have only known two people to end up in them and they didn't paint a pretty picture and weren't in them for long. Handy for a means to an end to get back on your feet however.

So basically I have been fed a bum steer with what the term ‘Green and grey’  really means and now it also turns out the guy in question never really stayed in a bedsit :lol: Mobilised the *** hoardes to be faux offended over nout ffs. Tried googling it but cant be arsed sifting through disturbed Rangers fan sites finding out. 

Switch the terms round, grey and green yins, then use your imagine to see what that might rhyme with. 

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Switch the terms round, grey and green yins, then use your imagine to see what that might rhyme with. 

The phrase used is “green and greys”, that way around. 

I’ve literally never heard anyone say “grey and green yins”. Firstly because nobody says it and secondly because your addition of “grey and” messes up the bigoted rhyming slang of “green yin’s”. No idea why you’ve opted to take us down this rancid route though since it was the relatively harmless grey element of the insult which was being questioned. The explanation @AJF gave about Celtic fans shirts not getting washed and turning grey is the correct one. 

Edited by 8MileBU

I’ve literally never heard anyone say “grey and green yins”. Firstly because nobody says it and secondly because your addition of “grey and” messes up the bigoted rhyming slang of “green yin’s”. No idea why you’ve opted to take us down this rancid route though since it was the relatively harmless grey element of the insult which was being questioned. The explanation [mention=79696]AJF[/mention] gave about Celtic fans shirts not getting washed and turning grey is the correct one. 

Not really sure why you think I would make something like this up tbh. I dont know which of the embarrassing versions of the phrase came first, nor does it really matter.

Also not sure why you think it doesnt work as rhyming slang? It clearly does.

There is absolutely no need to make up anything to discredit either cheek.

Twinkle seemed to be on the same track as myself, maybe he has heard it more often, but you can rest assured that I didnt make it up, and that my opinion follows that giving it the Green and Grey patter is just yet another of the ways certain people like to be a bit more sneaky with their bigotry. Of course, you are welcome to think otherwise but since I have never met a Rangers fan who didn't have something to say about religion, I will assume that my opinion on this is right.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve literally never heard anyone say “grey and green yins”. Firstly because nobody says it and secondly because your addition of “grey and” messes up the bigoted rhyming slang of “green yin’s”. No idea why you’ve opted to take us down this rancid route though since it was the relatively harmless grey element of the insult which was being questioned. The explanation @AJF gave about Celtic fans shirts not getting washed and turning grey is the correct one. 

Well this is awkward

AABAD716-34E9-4F3C-BF34-993598BE475A.png