Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

42 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Hopefully Rangers can claw their way back to the top of the SPFL statement league after being dislodged by Hearts & Partick.

God no! Every time I see a The Rangers F.C. Ltd statement I get a vision of this bellend reading it. 

0_Screen-Shot-2020-06-20-at-34356-PM.png.a7cc88e7b85686a3cc32334a4d30277a.png

Pls make them stop. Award the statement league now to Partick on the basis they are not Hearts.

#mentalhealth

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Trust you to be up to date with all things Sevco,  I don't really recall any fuss about it at the time and if Morelos had made a dangerous tackle like that then he'd have been sent off.

He got away with a sexual assault on Ryan Christie so I imagine his chances of escaping punishment for a tackle would be quite high

I’m not convinced the SFA are going to be able to prove their charge. Gerrard said “it would be interesting if it was the other way around”.

Now, I think most people will be able to surmise what Gerrard is getting at, but his words have not said outright there is any bias or incompetence, he has essentially asked a hypothetical question.

I reckon any decent lawyer (or whoever it is that represents you at these tribunals)  would get the charge thrown out. (And no, the irony is not lost on me that Rangers’ lawyers haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years...)

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’m not convinced the SFA are going to be able to prove their charge. Gerrard said “it would be interesting if it was the other way around”.

Now, I think most people will be able to surmise what Gerrard is getting at, but his words have not said outright there is any bias or incompetence, he has essentially asked a hypothetical question.

I reckon any decent lawyer (or whoever it is that represents you at these tribunals)  would get the charge thrown out. (And no, the irony is not lost on me that Rangers’ lawyers haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years...)

Take them to court. That usually goes well.

15 hours ago, bennett said:

Gerrard has received a notice of complaint from the compliant officer for saying something that has now been decided to be terribly offensive. 

Sorry. you'll have to narrow it down a bit, I find most things slippy says are offensive.....

He has implied, on camera, that the rules would be applied differently to his team which is a way of saying the ref was showing bias.
"It would be interesting if it was the other way round what the decision would have been" is the full quote.

I'd say he will probably get a slap on the wrists for it. No ban, no fine just told to watch what he says.

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

He has implied, on camera, that the rules would be applied differently to his team which is a way of saying the ref was showing bias.
"It would be interesting if it was the other way round what the decision would have been" is the full quote.

I'd say he will probably get a slap on the wrists for it. No ban, no fine just told to watch what he says.

I appreciate that, and we all know what he was getting at, I just think it'll be harder to prove it given the choice of words he used.

I appreciate that, and we all know what he was getting at, I just think it'll be harder to prove it given the choice of words he used.
That's why I think he will get a small slap on the wrists for it. It's not blatant calling a ref a cheat its just inferring that rules may not be evenly applied in similar circumstance.
Think it would be harder to disprove the interpretation of comments to mean anything else mind you.

17 hours ago, AJF said:

(And no, the irony is not lost on me that Rangers’ lawyers haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years...)

They've been taking the piss out of Rangers just like all the others.  Made easy for them by the constant injustice in every decision that go against the club.

Rangers survived Thursday night's Europa League trip to Holland unscathed after picking up no fresh injuries. Brandon Barker has an outside chance of being fit for Motherwell on Sunday. Ryan Jack has resumed light training and is progressing well. Roofe, Aribo and Katic still out