Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Zero fcuks given.

That’s only because it goes beyond your intellectual capacity.

I’ll remember to add a paint by numbers version to my posts in future for you, you need to supply your own crayons though assuming you can refrain from eating them

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s only because it goes beyond your intellectual capacity.

I’ll remember to add a paint by numbers version to my posts in future for you, you need to supply your own crayons though assuming you can refrain from eating them

Definitely not giving any fcuks.

Slippy G underestimated Scottish football, 3 years on hes still improving his squad and winning nothing.
His recruitment has been shockingly bad,the 3 players he didn't sign are probably the best he has Tavernier jack and wee fredo.

Hes hopeless. Hasnt improved rangers at all.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Slippy G underestimated Scottish football, 3 years on hes still improving his squad and winning nothing.
His recruitment has been shockingly bad,the 3 players he didn't sign are probably the best he has Tavernier jack and wee fredo.

Hes hopeless. Hasnt improved rangers at all.

They finished third in each of their two top flight seasons before he arrived, and they've finished comfortably second since he took over. They were eliminated from Europe by Progres Niederkorn in the season before he arrived, and have made the Europa League group stages and last 16 in the two seasons since he took over.

That is clearly improvement. Not as much as they were hoping for, maybe, but clearly improvement.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They finished third in each of their two top flight seasons before he arrived, and they've finished comfortably second since he took over. They were eliminated from Europe by Progres Niederkorn in the season before he arrived, and have made the Europa League group stages and last 16 in the two seasons since he took over.

That is clearly improvement. Not as much as they were hoping for, maybe, but clearly improvement.

Isn't that more down to a bigger all in budget than Slipper's acumen?

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

15 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Isn't that more down to a bigger all in budget than Slipper's acumen?

Caixinha was well backed though. He probably spent the guts of £10m on players like Pena, Herrera, Morelos, Jack, Candeias, Dorrans etc.

I guess you’re right, he’s improved them slightly with a bigger budget and Aberdeen have reduced theirs.

Not really a success though, no trophies. As said the best players signed by previous management. Rangers fans easily duped into thinking hes doing well though. This season is crunch time, if he does it then he’ll be a hero.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Caixinha was well backed though. He probably spent the guts of £10m on players like Pena, Herrera, Morelos, Jack, Candeias, Dorrans etc.

But no doubt Slipper has had more backing than he did. His squad is awash with big wage earners and bigger fees than any of those cost, Kent and Itten are a combined 10m alone.

HIBERNIAN are in pole position to beat off competition from England and abroad to clinch a move for Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie.

Herald and Times Sport understands the 22-year-old is one of the key targets for boss Jack Ross this summer and Hibs are keen to strike a deal

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I guess you’re right, he’s improved them slightly with a bigger budget and Aberdeen have reduced theirs.

Not really a success though, no trophies. As said the best players signed by previous management. Rangers fans easily duped into thinking hes doing well though. This season is crunch time, if he does it then he’ll be a hero.

His win % in competitive games is 60%. Murty for the season he had in charge was 62%. Granted Gerrard has played more European football so that dilutes it a little however they aren’t winning that many more games under Gerrard especially when it matters and considering the financial backing he has had compared to Murty before him.

6 attempts at winning a trophy and none taken, I can’t really remember a time when that was acceptable for a manager of the Old Firm.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Martin O'Neill? 

No don’t think so 

Rangers won the Scottish cup in 02 but we won the league. Rangers done the treble in 02/03 but I think Livi won the next league cup and Celtic the double. He won the Scottish cup in 04/05

So he lost 4 on the bounce however I can forgive him the Scottish Cup in 02 since we won the league 😎

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ah, it was only domestic trophies you were talking. Gotcha. 

I didn’t want to add that to Stevies record would seem a little harsh 

with regards Martin O’Neil 4 trophies in your 1st 2 seasons including a 1st season treble affords you a little slack 😎

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

His win % in competitive games is 60%. Murty for the season he had in charge was 62%. Granted Gerrard has played more European football so that dilutes it a little however they aren’t winning that many more games under Gerrard especially when it matters and considering the financial backing he has had compared to Murty before him.

6 attempts at winning a trophy and none taken, I can’t really remember a time when that was acceptable for a manager of the Old Firm.

Aye, your record in the wilderness year from when you sacked McBungle is testament to how managers should be dealt with.

You went through 9 managers in 9 years - and had  6 years without a trophy - but are here telling us what is, "acceptable for a manager of the Old Firm".

At least you can string a sentence together and actually discuss football  - which is more than can be said for the other grot* who constantly spam the thread.

* @8MileBU

Edited by The_Kincardine