Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the outside looking in, you lot spending money on two strikers is a fairly clear sign you're expecting Morelos to be gone in this window.

Worth mentioning also, that you've just spent millions on a young foreign striker when one of the mlst promising young strikers in the UK is about to walk away from the club due to a "lack of pathway into the first team"...

Who's this?

36 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Kai Kennedy I think.

Was he not the guy who’s not being picked because he’s not signing a contract? 

Anyway Roofe is a very decent signingimo, as is Hagi tbh.  Dont know anything about the other guy. Morelos surely is away now with that outlay.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was he not the guy who’s not being picked because he’s not signing a contract? 

Anyway Roofe is a very decent signingimo, as is Hagi tbh.  Dont know anything about the other guy. Morelos surely is away now with that outlay.

I think so, going by this article:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-news-transfers-kai-kennedy-18598149

Yes, you would think that Morelos would be away.  As far as I remember, I think he had agreed terms with Lille, but both clubs hadn't agreed on a valuation.

On 04/08/2020 at 10:31, 8MileBU said:

some of the actions and lengths the grot have gone to for likes on social media are bordering on lunacy.

Says the poster who has boasted about pulling jobbies out of his own rectum and kicking a tramp's cider over.

Your lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

On 04/08/2020 at 10:57, KnightswoodBear said:

I almost wish we'd dropped some points at Aberdeen or kicked over some sandcastles, because this kit chat is brutal lads. 

Looks like I spoke too soon.  Looks like the Sevco hoardes weren't socially distancing properly in the boozers in Aberdeen before the game on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Who's this?

Nathan Young-Coombes.

Been raved about for years, Rangers stole him from Chelsea promising he'd get into their first team quicker.

After a season of broken promises he's chucked it and is away back down south to West Ham.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nathan Young-Coombes.

Been raved about for years, Rangers stole him from Chelsea promising he'd get into their first team quicker.

After a season of broken promises he's chucked it and is away back down south to West Ham.

Never heard of him. Doesn't even have his own wiki page. Must be shite.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nathan Young-Coombes.

To be fair, he looked pretty shit the couple of times I watched him. 

26 minutes ago, Public menace said:

If I were lille and watched rangers put that outlay yesterday, I would think that they must be keen to sell Morelos.

Ball would defo be in their court and they would have the upper hand in any negotiation.

I can see your point. Although, at the end of the day, I think the only way Morelos gets sold is if Rangers receive an offer they believe is acceptable.

The club have seemed quite firm in their stance that they will hold out for what they believe is his true value.

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can see your point. Although, at the end of the day, I think the only way Morelos gets sold is if Rangers receive an offer they believe is acceptable.

The club have seemed quite firm in their stance that they will hold out for what they believe is his true value.

Depends on who is doing the pushing.

Any chance that Rangers may well intend to keep hold of Morelos (if the right offer isn’t forthcoming) and have signed Roofe as a much needed strike partner for the Colombian with ltten providing cover for an ageing Defoe?
That would seem much more like a squad strengthening plan for SG, than simply shuffling the chairs around and starting from scratch (again) with a completely new and untested forward pairing?