Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Hold on.Do Rangers fans actually believe that some Celtic titles  of the last 8 years don't count cos they were in the lower leagues at the time?
 Is why they say they're tainted? Tell me I've got this wrong?

Sad, but true. Not just rangers fans I hesitate to say.

Hold on.Do Rangers fans actually believe that some Celtic titles  of the last 8 years don't count cos they were in the lower leagues at the time?
Yes, apparently cause rangers/sevco/mighty morphin Glasgow rangers were not there to challenge. (Big clue the first one ceased to trade so is about as much use as a Dave king promise).
This in no way relates to titles won by playing players with EBTs which evaded tax that the club/company could not afford to pay if it was due.
As that conferred no sporting advantage as we all remember.

So despite big chuck green floating the recent incarnation, the various share issues, Dave king throwing the kids inheritance (not his kids mind you, everyone else's) at it and turning over hilarious levels of loses over the years to win the square root of hee haw... Apparently the titles won do not count in their eyes but amazingly all those won by the defunct iteration, including EBT tainted ones do.

Once you have your head round the logic it's really easy to follow.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It'll be one helluva meltdown when 10IAR happens next season. Absolute heads gone scenes

I've always quite like the sense of parity there is between Celtic and Rangers sharing the distinction of winning 9iaR - and I'm not really sure I want that to change yet.  Having said this, if and when Celtic do win it next season, I'd then like them to bluster through another 3 to hit 55 before Rangers manage it.

The meltdown when they're overtaken will be hysterical.

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

Yes. According to the **** the titles that are tainted are the ones Celtic won whilst their new club were playing in the lower leagues. Not the titles won buying players they couldn't afford using an illegal* tax avoidance scheme.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I mean, you must be quite concerned that you might not live to see the ***s win another title 😂

Another? They haven't won one yet unless you're counting the lower divisions.

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yes. According to the **** the titles that are tainted are the ones Celtic won whilst their new club were playing in the lower leagues. Not the titles won buying players they couldn't afford using an illegal* tax avoidance scheme.

OMFG So they're gonna use this to deny Celtic have won 9 in a row then 10 if they manage that? Next thing you know  they'll no update their scoreboard when they go one nil down at home to a diddy team .  This is a bigger cringe than Sellick fans going on about " Operation stop ten in a row" when shit doesn't go their way.

11 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

To be fair I would say Barisic may well be their most valuable asset at the moment, and I think he’s an excellent player, but he’s absolutely no where near a £22 million player. 

I've asked a few Rangers fans if they see this happening and none of them even believed the story.

Sad that football journalism is so poor even in a supposedly decent paper like the Scotsman. 

7 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Sad, but true. Not just rangers fans I hesitate to say.

No, the Celtic titles aren't tainted.  The ones won by Rangers in the early years of this century however, are.

Celtic's are merely hollow.

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We handsome and informed Bears stick to Radio 4....but no surprise to see a diddy referencing a diddy on Radio 2.

Not sure that “Diddy” David Hamilton was ever on Radio 2, but I could be wrong. Agree with you on Radio 4 though. The excellent I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue, is a particular favourite of mine, and some of the old classic comedies on a Radio 4 Extra, The Goons, Steptoe & Son, Dad’s Army, etc, keep me amused in my darkest hours. Going back to Radio 2, I subscribe to Ken Bruce’s Popmaster, which I listen to when walking my dog, and also Pick Of The Pops, so it’s an excellent radio station.

Having said all that, I’m amazed that you handsome and informed Bears listen to any BBC shows since your club have banned them from Ibrox. (Bennett incoming)