Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

22 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Interesting set of fixture for August:

04/08/2019 13:30 Kilmarnock v Rangers
10/08/2019 15:00 Rangers v Hibernian
24/08/2019 15:00 St. Mirren v Rangers
31/08/2019 15:00 Rangers v Celtic

Yes, very interesting.

It seems the computer has this year thrown up a mixture of home and away clashes with sides from Scotland's top flight.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Rangers must rate Aribo highly if he's getting £20k a week whereas Edmundson seems like a "one for the future" signing.

Only £300k compensation, too. If he's as good as the last player we signed from Charlton back in 2008 (Bougherra) then we're onto a winner.

28 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Staunchmaster General Raman seems to think this is a goer. 

Will be a cracking signing if we can get it over the line.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I think I can speak for the rest of Scottish football when I say we are quaking in our boots.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I think I can speak for the rest of Scottish football when I say we are quacking in our boots.

Duck off, Dindy

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, very interesting.

It seems the computer has this year thrown up a mixture of home and away clashes with sides from Scotland's top flight.

Indeed.  Different to last term when we had 3 tricky away ties out of 4 and only got 5 points.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Staunchmaster General Raman seems to think this is a goer. 

Will be a cracking signing if we can get it over the line.

He'll be excellent.

Where do you think we need strengthening - assume we don't lose players other than the ones we want rid of?

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He'll be excellent.

Where do you think we need strengthening - assume we don't lose players other than the ones we want rid of?

I'd say we need a centre back of sufficient experience and quality to compete with Katic for a starting spot. Someone in the £2-4m market value range.

Then a left back too but for me that depends on what happens with Borna. If sold for a decent wedge then we should definitely use that to get a more ready made replacement.

I'd say that's it plus hopefully Ryan Kent back on loan. That will happen later in the window if at all.

36 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  Different to last term when we had 3 tricky away ties out of 4 and only got 5 points.

That sounds rather more interesting than this year's pretty prosaic alignment of fixtures.

28 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I'd say we need a centre back of sufficient experience and quality to compete with Katic for a starting spot. Someone in the £2-4m market value range.

Then a left back too but for me that depends on what happens with Borna. If sold for a decent wedge then we should definitely use that to get a more ready made replacement.

I'd say that's it plus hopefully Ryan Kent back on loan. That will happen later in the window if at all.

Agreed.

With Lafferty and Morelos expected to move on in the current transfer window it would only leave us with one centre forward so that's definitely an area where a few more signings would be required also.

13 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Agreed.

With Lafferty and Morelos expected to move on in the current transfer window it would only leave us with one centre forward so that's definitely an area where a few more signings would be required also.

A lot hinges on what happens with Morelos. Does he go, if so for how much, what time of the window and who can we feasibly bring in to replace him. 

I honestly don't think we will need to replace Lafferty at all. Maybe a PL youngster on loan someone like Brewster. But Stewart can play there and we have Hardie/Rudden for emergencies.

Hopefully Lafferty is gone ASAP. I heard Motherwell want him.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

A lot hinges on what happens with Morelos. Does he go, if so for how much, what time of the window and who can we feasibly bring in to replace him. 

Hopefully Lafferty is gone ASAP. I heard Motherwell want him.

I suspect Morelos would be sold in mid to late August, not leaving us much time to find a replacement. I can't see Rangers taking the risk of spending a lot of money in the hope a bid does come in for him so it wouldn't surprise me if Rangers were in profit by the end of transfer window despite spending around £5m-£7m.

They'll maybe try and get a centre forward on loan so that if Morelos stays then we haven't needlessly forked out a transfer fee on a player. The possibility of Andre Gray joining on loan was reported a while back. He'd do well up here IMO.

In regards to Lafferty, I doubt Well could afford his salary as he won't be short of offers. Hearts would no doubt be interested. Would be funny if he signed for Hibs!  Pity it hasn't worked out for him this time round. The highlight being his goal against Villarreal which I believe is the only European goal he's ever scored for Rangers so he's achieved that, at least. :) 

22 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I suspect Morelos would be sold in mid to late August, not leaving us much time to find a replacement. I can't see Rangers taking the risk of spending a lot of money in the hope a bid does come in for him so it wouldn't surprise me if Rangers were in profit by the end of transfer window despite spending around £5m-£7m.

They'll maybe try and get a centre forward on loan so that if Morelos stays then we haven't needlessly forked out a transfer fee on a player. The possibility of Andre Gray joining on loan was reported a while back. He'd do well up here IMO.

In regards to Lafferty, I doubt Well could afford his salary as he won't be short of offers. Hearts would no doubt be interested. Would be funny if he signed for Hibs!  Pity it hasn't worked out for him this time round. The highlight being his goal against Villarreal which I believe is the only European goal he's ever scored for Rangers so he's achieved that, at least. :) 

Andre Gray thing seems like fantasyland to me. Can't see that at all. 

We will definitely need to pull something out the bag in terms of a striker if Morelos goes though. A great player with a dark side haha.

Lafferty did what was required of him for about 3 games then went off the rails. Many of his sub appearances were horrendous. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

If Aribo comes and Kent happens then our main job is clearing out the deadwood. 35 senior players at the moment.

31 minutes ago, thepundit said:

6 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

We will definitely need to pull something out the bag in terms of a striker if Morelos goes though. A great player with a dark side haha.

Lafferty did what was required of him for about 3 games then went off the rails. Many of his sub appearances were horrendous. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

If Aribo comes and Kent happens then our main job is clearing out the deadwood. 35 senior players at the moment.

Andre Gray rumours should be filed alongside Daniel Sturridge rumours, in the "get clicks from Rangers fans based on a headline" folder, although I thought that about Defoe.

Rumour goes that your negotiations with Motherwell over the Haste compensation will include a helping hand in paying Laffertys wages.

8 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I agree Andre Gray joining seems unlikely but Defoe joining seemed like fantasyland stuff too and yet he's up here. Ideally the club can find another Morelos-esque signing and sell him on again. There's a 22yo Brazilian who scored 21 goals in 33 games for Helsinki last season. He's contracted to Hoffenheim so a work permit shouldn't be a problem.

I'll miss Morelos if he leaves. He really revelled in the fact opposition fans hated him, especially when he scored against their team!...

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Andre Gray rumours should be filed alongside Daniel Sturridge rumours, in the "get clicks from Rangers fans based on a headline" folder, although I thought that about Defoe.

Rumour goes that your negotiations with Motherwell over the Haste compensation will include a helping hand in paying Laffertys wages.

Wouldn't 'Well only be getting about £300k at best for Hastie?...

Lafferty's on about £15k a week. How much of that fee would they really be willing to give up? And if they still have to pay a large chunk of his salary they'd end up turning that profit into losing money. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Welcome to Ibrox Andre.

Rumour goes that your negotiations with Motherwell over the Hastie compensation will include a helping hand in paying Laffertys wages.

I’d be surprised if we built it in to the Hastie conversation tbh.

Not going to lie, I’ve not really paid much attention to Rangers stuff but all the red tops are running with the line that Lafferty has basically been told to f**k off and find a new club.

His deal’s up at the end of the season so given Gerrard just seems to want shot of him I’d have thought a mutual consent might come into play. Apparently he’s still on holiday while the rest of the Rangers squad is off to Portugal?

Depends how badly Gerrard wants rid and how badly Rangers want to recoup anything and who has most say in that conversation.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we asked the question though. Robinson’s worked with him before, he lives locally, his brother in law is a coach at the club and we’re in the market for a #9.

If he’s free to a good home then I can see why people would link him with Motherwell.