Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Holt was only good in the championship Docherty is miles better than him and younger 
Docherty will play for Scotland one day to unlike Holt
But its up to him to put the work in and impress Gerrard and be consistent like he was in England 
Got as good a chance as any 

Agree with Kincy, Docherty is a bottom 6 player at best and not good enough for Rangers.

Not sure how you're getting he's miles better than Holt? Holt just held down a first team place in a better team than Docherty in the same league.

I think last week you had McCorie as miles better than Doohan because he had a lot more youth caps for Scotland. Holt has a lot more of them than Docherty so I'm sure you'll now change your mind and agree Holt is the superior player?

Just now, Tartantony said:

Agree with Kincy, Docherty is a bottom 6 player at best and not good enough for Rangers.

Not sure how you're getting he's miles better than Holt? Holt just held down a first team place in a better team than Docherty in the same league.

I think last week you had McCorie as miles better than Doohan because he had a lot more youth caps for Scotland. Holt has a lot more of them than Docherty so I'm sure you'll now change your mind and agree Holt is the superior player?

Docherty is a better player scores different kind off goals has movement like a foward and drives at defenders 

Holt really only gets goals from late runs into the box and they have dried up which is why his wage was wanted off the books

Holt stopped developing years ago Docherty is still developing each games and has impressed in England 

And McCrorie is better than Doohan or else McCall would not have tried to get him in first

Don't bother replying I'm not going to reply 

Docherty is a better player scores different kind off goals has movement like a foward and drives at defenders 
Holt really only gets goals from late runs into the box and they have dried up which is why his wage was wanted off the books
Holt stopped developing years ago Docherty is still developing each games and has impressed in England 
And McCrorie is better than Doohan or else McCall would not have tried to get him in first
What do you mean don't bother replying? What is wrong with you?

Dryhorce: Player x is miles better than player y.
Everyone: Nah mate, disagree, here's why.
Dryhorce: I'm right, f**k off and don't reply

While i'm here, would you please change your username as well? I hold the rights to usernames starting with TartanT on here.

P.S Greg Docherty is fucking pish mate.

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What do you mean don't bother replying? What is wrong with you?

Dryhorce: Player x is miles better than player y.
Everyone: Nah mate, disagree, here's why.
Dryhorce: I'm right, f**k off and don't reply

While i'm here, would you please change your username as well? I hold the rights to usernames starting with TartanT on here.

P.S Greg Docherty is fucking pish mate.

Sorry if I've missed something here Tony but were you not a Celtic fan?

29 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I played against Greg Docherty in a school tournament and he didn't score once into me.

Spoiler

Set up about five mind you :(

Doohan is far better than McCrorie at the moment too fwiw. 

Another sun exclusive, for the fifth time in about a week....

REG STEWART has penned a two-year deal with Rangers.

SunSport revealed last month that Gers were closing in on making Stewart, 29, their third pre-contract signing following deals for Kilmarnock’s Jordan Jones and Motherwell ace Jake Hastie.

Stewart started season at Kilmarnock before heading to Aberdeen for second spell
The ex-Killie and Aberdeen loan ace’s arrival is expected to be announced later this week.
Rangers are also set to table an improved offer for Oldham Athletic superstar George Edmundson.

12 hours ago, TavTastic said:

No announcements yet but they both will definitely leave. 

Loan deals ending are Worral, Coulibaly and Kent.

Alnwick, Holt, Docherty, Rossiter, Dodoo, Herrera and Hardie all to return from being loaned out.

I'd forgotten all about Herrera. Docherty and Rossiter have potential but getting in to that midfield will be tough, especially if we strengthen there.

Holts just too lightweight and even although he gives his all is a bit out of his depth at this level.

8 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

What's the chances of Docherty breaking into your first team next season?

I can see him being loaned out for six months to get games but then again I thought that Kamara would struggle to make the bench, so you never know.

He is a tidy player but would need a chance and would have to hit the ground running.

Of the players out on loan, I'd say Docherty has best chance of returning and being a success. He was one of the best players in the team when he joined from Hamilton last January and it was no surprise to me he was POTY at Shrewsbury. 

We already have so many quality midfielders though so it's going to be difficult for him to break into the first team.

It's great that Rossitter, finally, has put a run of games together but can he move up a level where the training is more intense than a League 2 club and stay fit? I have my doubts.

Holt? He did well for us in the Championship but struggled in the Premiership. Too lightweight, as previously mentioned.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Another sun exclusive, for the fifth time in about a week....

REG STEWART has penned a two-year deal with Rangers.

SunSport revealed last month that Gers were closing in on making Stewart, 29, their third pre-contract signing following deals for Kilmarnock’s Jordan Jones and Motherwell ace Jake Hastie.

Stewart started season at Kilmarnock before heading to Aberdeen for second spell
The ex-Killie and Aberdeen loan ace’s arrival is expected to be announced later this week.
Rangers are also set to table an improved offer for Oldham Athletic superstar George Edmundson.

Reg Stewart?

G button broke in the crappy Record computer?

11 hours ago, bennett said:

I'd forgotten all about Herrera. Docherty and Rossiter have potential but getting in to that midfield will be tough, especially if we strengthen there.

Holts just too lightweight and even although he gives his all is a bit out of his depth at this level.

I can see him being loaned out for six months to get games but then again I thought that Kamara would struggle to make the bench, so you never know.

He is a tidy player but would need a chance and would have to hit the ground running.

Don’t you think someone who actually goes to the football and watches the players properly (ie not on the telly) would be better qualified to answer these questions?

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Don’t you think someone who actually goes to the football and watches the players properly (ie not on the telly) would be better qualified to answer these questions?

Holt is pish he never drives at players making defenders commit themselves and open up space to play the ball into for a runner

Docherty is night and day the better footballer and only a complete clown would argue othersise

All Holt does is try and play possession football and there are plenty off others around Scotland who are better than him at it

Massive Summer for you lot now, with Lennon being hired all you need is a couple of key signings and you'll be favourites.