Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

31 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Is this guy a right back? hope this means tavernier won't start your first game. He gave considine plenty problems last season. 

Mainly right back but can also play on the left. My hope is that this replaces Hodson's place in the squad and Tavernier stays. 

We might get an offer for Tav that is hard to refuse though.

12 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Shocker. Isn't it, Florentine ?

You wouldn't catch any Hibbies involved in anything unsavoury like, drug posession, shoplifting, nightclub assault, threats to partner, racist singing, would you ? .....Oh wait a minute....

The game is peppered with people who have done scummy things. Glass houses etc

You still pretending to be  a Hearts fan?

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fuckin hell lads he’s not even signed and we’ve started point scoring over wife beating?

I don't think any fans in Scottish football bar Celtic fans need to point score with this mob, I just find it ammusing that a certain poster can't even bring himself to say that kicking and punching a women on the ground is vile simply because he might sign for his club/company. 

On the player himself he's shite and injury prone and will probably be hounded because of his middle name and the school he went too.

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

This is what gets me. Football players are - football players. They’re not scions of the community (see ‘Broony’ above for adequate mirror deflection) and, to be a ‘midfield general’ or an ‘enforcer’ or whatever other term you want, they don’t play nice.

They have worked awful hard to get where they have. That they might not have the nous to see how the pitch and real life are distinct areas shouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone.

Absolutely some have done some terrible things off the pitch. I doubt I’d want to spend time in many of their company. But it seems every other fan wants to jump on any teams signings while turning the absolute blind eye to whatever ne’er do-well has been, is, or is about to sign up, at their club.

Goodwillie, Lennon, Jackson, Gazza, Hateley, Bazza, McFadden, Stokes, Griffiths the list could go onwards from any spectrum of wrongdoing from alleged rape to proven wife beating to philandering with the boss’s wife to promiscuity to wilful tax evasion (irony not lost) to goodness knows what.

There’s lots of nasty people out there. Snowflakes and good guys rarely make the starting XI. To suggest that some sort of moral code becomes a precursor for who’s allowed to play? I’ll leave that to the PnB masses to set the bar based, of course, on their own team’s signing policies.

Me? If he’s a player, adds something to my team and previous misdemeanours have been resolved, it’s the end of the discussion.

Personally I'd be all for some sort of general football register/Council/whatever like you see in other professions. 

Teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, accountants etc etc can all be struck off and banned from practicing for those sort of offenses. I see no reason why footballers shouldn't be held to similar standards. 

It might even have a positive effect on the game if some of the more colourful ( arseholey) players knew they could lose their career and were forced to focus on their football. 

40 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

On the player himself he's shite and injury prone and will probably be hounded because of his middle name and the school he went too.

I have no idea about his middle name and school and that you do is disturbing.  Then again, it is always the Sellick-minded, bottom-feeding scum who get agitated by these things.

18 minutes ago, nsr said:

I don't think you're fooling the less sharp ones either, tbf.

Go and do me a wee favour ? Please let me know how I have managed to so carelessly let the cat out of the bag. That way, if I want to pretend to be, lets say, an Accies fan, I can make a better job of going undercover. Your wisdom will be gratefully received

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have no idea about his middle name and school and that you do is disturbing.  Then again, it is always the Sellick-minded, bottom-feeding scum who get agitated by these things.

Yeah cause your fans have no previous for this, Micheal O Halloran :whistle

I had no idea either until I read several posts on social media from rangers fans regarding it, probably just "Sellik minded" fans pretending to be rangers fans.  :1eye

Edited by Bohemian

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Yeah cause your fans have no previous for this, Micheal O Halloran :whistle

I had no idea either until I read several posts on social media from rangers fans regarding it, probably just "Sellik minded" fans pretending to be rangers fans.  :1eye

tbf you wouldn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to have a wild guess at at the roots of somebody with the surname Flanagan - never mind delving into his middle name.  But  his first name, Jonathon, is quite Jewish, so that should up his popularity at Ibrox.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

tbf you wouldn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to have a wild guess at at the roots of somebody with the surname Flanagan - never mind delving into his middle name.  But  his first name, Jonathon, is quite Jewish, so that should up his popularity at Ibrox.

:lol: Might just be what's needed to up the union bears game regarding flags from the middle East at Scottish football games. The goon brigade are well ahead on this one

Edited by Bohemian

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Is this guy a right back? hope this means tavernier won't start your first game. He gave considine plenty problems last season. 

Looking likely that Wallace will be off so I'm hoping we're keeping Tav and he'll playing on the left.