Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Does it really? Nothing about that in the public forum so far.

I'll be honest, that one I read on a tweet from someone who is generally spot on with financial stuff but I haven't checked it myself.

On the face of it, absolutely nothing of any substance has happened here. Seems a pointless punishment that has been given out simply because the FCA have been made to look powerless over the whole period. The costs involved in it all are the only real negative for King.

12 minutes ago, robbie1872 said:

"In terms of its practical impact, the ruling of the Hearings Committee does not impact upon my personal or business activities – including RIFC. It applies solely to dealings in companies that are or are to be listed on the UK exchanges. "

My investment was motivated – to quote the Hearings Committee – “solely for the love of the club.”

RIFC and Rangers Football Club are not affected by the Hearings Committee’s ruling and the ruling does not impact upon my position as Chairman and a director of RIFC. I have ensured that RIFC has complied with the requirements of the Code throughout the period of my Chairmanship, notwithstanding that the Company is no longer listed. RIFC will continue to comply with the Code. The Takeover Panel has raised no concerns about RIFC’s compliance with the Code in the more than four and a half years since regime change.

Quick summary of all independent examinations of statements by Dave King in SA and UK, as collated by several independent judges across multiples courts, hearings and trials; but with no dissenting voice:

"He keeps lying."

That's why quoting his statement as evidence is... less than persuasive.

Personally, after the last few years I find his lies to the courts quite tiresome; but his lies to the Rangers fans can still raise a smile.

1 minute ago, sugna said:

Quick summary of all independent examinations of statements by Dave King in SA and UK, as collated by several independent judges across multiples courts, hearings and trials; but with no dissenting voice:

"He keeps lying."

That's why quoting his statement as evidence is... less than persuasive.

Personally, after the last few years I find his lies to the courts quite tiresome; but his lies to the Rangers fans can still raise a smile.

yep hes conned us all and the club is doomed 🙄

41 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Been called a liar again.

Very rangers.

Well stop lying and it'll stop.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Dave King cold shouldered by the FCA. Is he still on the board at Rangers? Never seen this done before so will be interesting to see exactly how the FCA impose it.

I know how he feels, I'm always getting cold shouldered. 

Sounds like something from 1900s era gentleman's  club. According to the bbc and the record it doesn't apply to the club, only to King. 

In their ruling published today, they committee said: "In the circumstances the Committee concludes that Mr King should be cold-shouldered for a period of four years.

"It should be said that other than in the unlikely event that the holding in Rangers which Mr King owns or controls reaches a size that enables him to control Rangers personally, the sanction will apply to Mr King as an individual and not to Rangers"

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sounds like something from 1900s era gentleman's  club. According to the bbc and the record it doesn't apply to the club, only to King. 

The Square Mile pretty much is a 1900's era Gentleman's Club, to be fair.

Guest Moomintroll
He is deemed to be unfit under the spirit of the law after such a ruling, they legally cannot touch him but are telling everyone else to avoid him like the plague. He is an utterly shady fucker & he, or any company associated with him, couldn't get credit for a penny sweet in the UK after this.

7 minutes ago, sugna said:

4 minutes ago, robbie1872 said:

yep hes conned us all and the club is doomed 🙄

As I was about to add:

7 minutes ago, sugna said:

... because they still appear to lap them up with astonishing gullibility.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

He is deemed to be unfit under the spirit of the law after such a ruling, they legally cannot touch him but are telling everyone else to avoid him like the plague. He is an utterly shady fucker & he, or any company associated with him, couldn't get credit for a penny sweet in the UK after this.

I sincerely doubt that we will have any problem getting credit if needed and expect that to bear out over the next year.

Guest Moomintroll
I sincerely doubt that we will have any problem getting credit if needed and expect that to bear out over the next year.
I interact with Dunn and Bradstreet on a daily basis, any company he is associated with will not be granted a single penny in Credit from any U.K based source unless they either, a) are desperate or b) are charging ridiculous amounts of interest or c) they know their clients are a) so they can get away with b). Outwith the U.K, who knows, especially amongst people who may need to legitimise a lot of unexplained income quickly

yep hes conned us all

Indeed and he continues to do so. Pretty much anything that comes out of his mouth or in his written statements is lies. There can be no debate about that any longer (if there ever could be).

Yet Rangers fans continue to put money into the club, repeat those lies on a day to day basis etc. They've all been conned.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
13 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I interact with Dunn and Bradstreet on a daily basis, any company he is associated with will not be granted a single penny in Credit from any U.K based source unless they either, a) are desperate or b) are charging ridiculous amounts of interest or c) they know their clients are a) so they can get away with b). Outwith the U.K, who knows, especially amongst people who may need to legitimise a lot of unexplained income quickly

Again we will see on this. With rising revenues and assets I don't believe there will be as much as a problem as you think.

Guest Moomintroll
Again we will see on this. With rising revenues and assets I don't believe there will be as much as a problem as you think.
Erm, what rising assets, Defoe, Davis,King, Arfield??? I could go on but your team is stuffed with loanees & aged players with no resale value, as are my mob but we have no debts & have a creditworthy BOD living within our means. Granted, Morelos seems to have screwed the nut & will be worth a fortune if he keeps it up but you really need to take a dispassionate look at what is going on at your club and evaluate accordingly.

You've forgotten costs and liabilities. Levels of revenues and assets are irrelevant in isolation.

If I was (still) the financial controller of a business, I would be very cautious about granting Rangers much in the way of credit.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
22 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Erm, what rising assets, Defoe, Davis,King, Arfield??? I could go on but your team is stuffed with loanees & aged players with no resale value, as are my mob but we have no debts & have a creditworthy BOD living within our means. Granted, Morelos seems to have screwed the nut & will be worth a fortune if he keeps it up but you really need to take a dispassionate look at what is going on at your club and evaluate accordingly.

Loanees and aged players, really?

Barasic, edmundson, katic etc in defence...

Then we move on to the  midfield and forward positions....

Guest Moomintroll
Loanees and aged players, really?

Barasic, edmundson, katic etc in defence...
Then we move on to the  midfield and forward positions....

Relative value benny lad, are they going to significantly appreciate when you take into account inbound transfer fees & wages? Once again, disregard the Seville calculator & carefully consider how much profit you may realistically make on them. Remember that a loan is a loan until it is written off & judge your financial position from there..