Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, GS11 said:

Of all the replies this was by far the worst kid. 

You are definitely this dude

:lol:

There's a fair to decent chance I'm older than you.

These are our potential EL opponents:

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (ENG) / Crusaders FC (NIR) 
2 Legia Warszawa (POL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN) 
3 KAA Gent (BEL) / FC Viitorul (ROU) 
4 FC Midtjylland (DEN) 
5 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / BK Häcken (SWE) 

Who would we want to draw? I'd have Legia as first choice then Gent as if we got past those sides we'd be seeded for QR4. Midtjylland are also beatable imo.

Wolves would destroy us frankly and that's the only side I'm desperate to avoid.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:
27 minutes ago, TavTastic said:
You're a bit late with this one Monty. It's been laughed at on multiple threads on here.

Never to late to laugh at the new club.

That's the Daily Record you are quoting not Rangers. This is basic stuff Monty.

41 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

These are our potential EL opponents:

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (ENG) / Crusaders FC (NIR) 
2 Legia Warszawa (POL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN) 
3 KAA Gent (BEL) / FC Viitorul (ROU) 
4 FC Midtjylland (DEN) 
5 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / BK Häcken (SWE) 

Who would we want to draw? I'd have Legia as first choice then Gent as if we got past those sides we'd be seeded for QR4. Midtjylland are also beatable imo.

Wolves would destroy us frankly and that's the only side I'm desperate to avoid.

Strange outlook,considering Aberdeen had two 0-0's against Burnley and Celtic had a 3-3 an 1-1 against Man city.
I don't watch the English game but the Scots usually do well against our big brothers.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strange outlook,considering Aberdeen had two 0-0's against Burnley and Celtic had a 3-3 an 1-1 against Man city.
I don't watch the English game but the Scots usually do well against our big brothers.

Wolves are much better than Burnley were. Burnley were just a very stuffy team in a weaker Premier league. That didn't translate well to being strong favourites against Aberdeen having most of the ball. Wolves have a lot more technical ability and genuine pace. 

Celtic were much better then and City were poor defensively that season.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I take it Wolves finished in the same position as Burnley did the season before plus Rangers will be a few weeks ahead of the English club in terms of fitness.

Wolves play a completely different style to Burnley and are a very good footballing team.

They did finish in a similar league position but no doubt in my mind that Wolves are a far better side.

Have to say though I am loving your positive outlook towards Scottish football. It’s good to see.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wolves play a completely different style to Burnley and are a very good footballing team.

They did finish in a similar league position but no doubt in my mind that Wolves are a far better side.

Have to say though I am loving your positive outlook towards Scottish football. It’s good to see.

I remember the same outlook the Aberdeen fans had last season when they played Burnley and it didn't work out that way.
If CQN can beat Killie and Progres can beat rangers nothing is guaranteed so early in the season.
It's probably the best time to play any team at a perceived higher level.  

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It's probably the best time to play any team at a perceived higher level.  

That is a very good point but I'd still hope for the easiest draw possible here. From what I can tell Wolves would be the hardest. Frankfurt hardest for Aberdeen although PSV are no mugs either.