East Region Signing News

Combester

Spot on. Don't see why they would keep players that want to move on. Don't no much about the Thompson thing but to be splashing 4-500 a week for a junior team usually ends one way. Look at Irvine meadow or worse ballingry

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope for Tranent sake that wouldn't happen but you never know, as people have said, spending that kind of money is just madness also if players do wanna leave and are getting good offers for them why would a club keep a player

Hope it doesn't either

Heard Derek Riordan also linked!!!

Not sure if any of the deal includes a job with M-Pact or that as well, could well be!!

job with mpact, lol. Kevs a millionaire man, think he's gonna want to work wi a company like that 🙈 he could buy and sell them, no interested in a job, be purely just to play footy!

If Kevin Thomsons a millionaire just wanting to play football you would think he would go to Raith or Airdrie for less money than Tranent??--can't believe in this somehow!-- to at least play at a better standard than risk being targeted /injured by many opponents in the east junior premier?

Back to earth with Bathgate signings from falside earlier-- well done!

Dalrymple great signing who should score/create plenty especially linking up again with Feeney.

Boyles details on website also look impressive.

Hopefully with 3 other dale guys I've heard are set to follow, will help them gel quick,get off to a flyer and stop Thomson and Riordan from winning the league for Tranent!(who knows they might sign but their defence will let them down?!)

Start again!

You clearly don't know the truth!

7 or 8 players coming in--new defence virtually and if it wasn't for their goals conceded last term being very high, would have been top 3 not 6th and no where near the bottom of league as you suggest

Silly post from weknowthetruth there. The club finished sixth last year and made real progress. Hampered all season with having a rushed pre-season and having to pull a squad together with little over 2 weeks notice. We did concede too many goals but as Willynilly rightly points out the defence is being overhauled. The gaffer, Andrew Colley, knows what he's doing and the benefit of a full pre-season with the lads will make all the difference. The comment alluding to living in the past is about as far from the truth as you can get and really only illustrates how little you know about the club and the good work going on behind the scenes by a very dedicated and hardworking committee.

Bathgate I believe have now signed 8 ex Armadale players who got the dale relegated from the Super league then relegated from the Premier league only to be saved because Montrose Roselea left the region.

Talking nonsense volleyman

Dalrymple and Feeney left before Xmas-- the club wouldn't have been promoted or survived season 1 in superleague either without them!!

So to say they got the club relegated??really!?

Likewise Macleod left last summer not even getting a regular start then was bathgate player of the year just gone!

Again he was instrumental in getting them Promoted as with the other 2!

Unaware of another 5-- 3 I do know of,and whilst they may have been part of a team who finished 4 th bottom,clearly there have been coaching and management problems at the volley hence the best players left or are about to leave!!

## dale sour grapes!

The dale must be struggling for a team then ... 8 starters away ?

The Dale are not struggling for a team signings have been made. Comprising of youth, ex seniors and experienced juniors and there is a new management team

Talking nonsense volleyman

Dalrymple and Feeney left before Xmas-- the club wouldn't have been promoted or survived season 1 in superleague either without them!!

So to say they got the club relegated??really!?

Likewise Macleod left last summer not even getting a regular start then was bathgate player of the year just gone!

Again he was instrumental in getting them Promoted as with the other 2!

Unaware of another 5-- 3 I do know of,and whilst they may have been part of a team who finished 4 th bottom,clearly there have been coaching and management problems at the volley hence the best players left or are about to leave!!

## dale sour grapes!

No sour grapes just surprised if true at some of the signings. Personally I would like 4 of them still to be at Dale but good luck to them all

Why should Tranent roll over and let players who are signed just move on. If a player signs on terms for two years then they stay unless someone meets their evaluation surely.

No one is saying roll over but if you knew what there asking for players you'd be surprised! Or do you know what they've asked?

I don't know figures but I do know that players were signed on for two years to stop this very thing. If Tranent had a good season then the bigger clubs would try and pick off star men the contracts are tight so pay up.

I don't know figures but I do know that players were signed on for two years to stop this very thing. If Tranent had a good season then the bigger clubs would try and pick off star men the contracts are tight so pay up.

But not every player was signed on 2year deals? Some players signed after the Bonnyrigg game? Haddington lost players to Tranent last season due to them not wanting to travel but this season Tranent keep a hold of them £££

Archived