East Region Signing News

Combester

I saw Jamie Clarke play for Bo'ness a few seasons ago and he looked unfit. Saw him at Broxburn and he looked a stone heavier. Saw him at Armadale play v Wishaw and he was even heavier. If you get him on the Slimfasts now then he can maybe do a job for Bathgate but the boy needs to show a desire to shift the pounds.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not Clarkes number 1 fan then!

First time I saw him,his build did resemble a rugby player more than a footballer but he did well! Against a fast winger could struggle though.

Tbh having seen Taylor play a few times he looked unfit but think was more due to work commitments and not making training.

Time will tell though- hear bathgate heading to the beach for a couple of "Jock Wallace style" pre season sessions.!

No pie huts in site dean burn and ice cream vans barred for the day too!😃ðŸ”ðŸŸ

First time I saw him,his build did resemble a rugby player more than a footballer but he did well! Against a fast winger could struggle though.

Tbh having seen Taylor play a few times he looked unfit but think was more due to work commitments and not making training.

Time will tell though- hear bathgate heading to the beach for a couple of "Jock Wallace style" pre season sessions.!

No pie huts in site dean burn and ice cream vans barred for the day too!😃ðŸ”ðŸŸ

First time I saw him play it did occur his build more resembled a rugby player but he did well!

Against a fast winger could be a problem.

Tbh thought Taylor looked less fit but think that was due to missing training through work commitments I think.

Believe bathgate off to the beach for a couple of "jock Wallace style" pre seasons !

No pie huts in sight Deanburn and ice cream vans barred for the day!ðŸ˜ðŸŸðŸ”

First time I saw him play it did occur his build more resembled a rugby player but he did well!

Tbh thought Taylor looked less fit but think that was due to missing training through work commitments I think.

Believe bathgate off to the beach for a couple of "jock Wallace style" pre seasons !

Taylor's an excellent player. Unfortunately his work commitments means he loses training because he works away from home and he is prone to seeing the red mist and getting into trouble with referees

A couple of papers reporting that Kevin Thomson to Tranent is a done deal.

This can only end well imo.

nothing more than a publicity stunt. Centre mid probably there strongest part of team, doesn't need strengthening. Especially no with somebody on the reported wages he's getting, and who has been injury prone over his career. Mental.

nothing more than a publicity stunt. Centre mid probably there strongest part of team, doesn't need strengthening. Especially no with somebody on the reported wages he's getting, and who has been injury prone over his career. Mental.

We're about to find out what state his knees are really in.  Some of the pitches in the league - though not ours at Bathgate - are lets just say not what he'll have been used to.

We're about to find out what state his knees are really in. Some of the pitches in the league - though not ours at Bathgate - are lets just say not what he'll have been used to.

some of the players in the league will also no as he has been used to. Kevs a good lad and i hope he avoids injury, but there's gonna be bhoys playing against him now who will probably want to leave the foot in. But he's a big bhoy, he can give as good as he will take i suppose.

We're about to find out what state his knees are really in. Some of the pitches in the league - though not ours at Bathgate - are lets just say not what he'll have been used to.

Don't flatter them pitches up the leagues ain't that great

May well be a publicity stunt... But it's a good one at that Jer!

Having a player like that sign is always going to generate interest but let's not forget that he's a quality footballer. At the end of the day that's why hell be signed, to help get results on the pitch. If it brings more folk through the gates both home and away then it can only be a good thing for junior clubs.

May well be a publicity stunt... But it's a good one at that Jer!

Having a player like that sign is always going to generate interest but let's not forget that he's a quality footballer. At the end of the day that's why hell be signed, to help get results on the pitch. If it brings more folk through the gates both home and away then it can only be a good thing for junior clubs.

Who is buying a ticket to see Kevin Thomson that wouldn't have done so otherwise?

some of the players in the league will also no as he has been used to. Kevs a good lad and i hope he avoids injury, but there's gonna be bhoys playing against him now who will probably want to leave the foot in. But he's a big bhoy, he can give as good as he will take i suppose.

Bhoy? U mean boy! 😂😂

Archived