Ladeside 2016/17 thread

70 years this season playing on the pitch and now we find its toooooo wide. Now the same size as Meadow Park apparently which is interesting considering with almost same squad we lost there last season to probably worst Medda team in history yet hit them for six in return at the Vale. If the pitch is wider than others should that not be used as an advantage , some pace , wingers using extra space to get in behind opposition defences seems strange to reduce pitch to size the opposition are used to. Last season the manager blamed the drains and condition of pitch for results now he's blaming the size of the pitch. Swift is a big American football fan...what he needs is a decent quarterback and a couple of fast wide receivers.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
70 years this season playing on the pitch and now we find its toooooo wide. Now the same size as Meadow Park apparently which is interesting considering with almost same squad we lost there last season to probably worst Medda team in history yet hit them for six in return at the Vale. If the pitch is wider than others should that not be used as an advantage , some pace , wingers using extra space to get in behind opposition defences seems strange to reduce pitch to size the opposition are used to. Last season the manager blamed the drains and condition of pitch for results now he's blaming the size of the pitch. Swift is a big American football fan...what he needs is a decent quarterback and a couple of fast wide receivers.

Maybe too big an area for some of the "big lads" to get about.

Wee bit of a shame this for the traditionalists. Ladeside played 433 when they were flying in my youth and the pitch was an asset. I remember rangers narrowing their pitch to no good effect under Souness. Narrowest pitch was always Largs which made for some terrible games. I hope that's not the shape of things to come.

13 minutes ago, manintheknow said:

Wee bit of a shame this for the traditionalists. Ladeside played 433 when they were flying in my youth and the pitch was an asset. I remember rangers narrowing their pitch to no good effect under Souness. Narrowest pitch was always Largs which made for some terrible games. I hope that's not the shape of things to come.

Rangers done it in 1987 against dinamo Kiev 2nd leg of the European cup to nullify the excellent wide players of Dinamo Kiev and won 2-0 and went through on aggregate . 

Years back Arthurlie were playing away in the Scottish, cant remember who against, anyway Lie gaffer Fergie Ferguson was interviewed before hand and said he couldn't wait to play their as the big park would suit his players, the opposition narrowed the park to the exact dimensions of Dunterlie Park..... Arthurlie won by three I think.

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

We all want to win games playing free flowing football that's pretty on the eye & score great goals doing so . But at the end of the day only the result matters & if we play better on a narrower pitch then that's fine by me

Seems the only thing the manager is happy about is the colour of the pitch

Archived