Ladeside 2016/17 thread

5 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

But harsh thinking your towns team are willing to think outside the box and bring you boys in and the first thing to spring to mind is what they up too!! There trying to do stuff that brings the clubs together. Embrace it 

If that's the plan and happens then I will be the first to put my hands up and admit I'm wrong,anyway am not saying anymore on it

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should have been done years ago when we were getting guys like Andy Tait , Derek Chamblers , Graham Muir , Liam McGuiness fae the then U21s. Say what you like about George Walker but he was willing from the off to sign local young players , so was Bryce , Swift seems to had a change of heart regarding that route. Its a massive step from ammie to Super League and very few will bridge it but its right they should be offered the opportunity to do so. 

This has all been proposed before but floundered due to Ladeside not being keen in letting the community side have access to the pitch and not wanting them to have an input into the running of the club , its worth trying again especially with the situation regarding the pavilion. Traditionally Ladeside have recruited young talent from the Glasgow area juvie clubs but the one time steady stream has reduced to a trickle , Longworth , Erskine , Anderson no more , we could be doing with somebody to replace Gus in regards to this.

On 19 October 2016 at 08:46, fan of the juniors said:

Just to let everyone know that there will be a minutes applause on Saturday to remember Gary Devlin who sadly passed on Sunday . Anyone who maybe can't get to Gary's service on Monday this will be a chance to pay your respects

This is a very kind gesture, Gary was a personal friend of mine and I know how much he loved the football!! He will be sorely missed and Monday's service will be difficult for everyone 

10 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

This should have been done years ago when we were getting guys like Andy Tait , Derek Chamblers , Graham Muir , Liam McGuiness fae the then U21s. Say what you like about George Walker but he was willing from the off to sign local young players , so was Bryce , Swift seems to had a change of heart regarding that route. Its a massive step from ammie to Super League and very few will bridge it but its right they should be offered the opportunity to do so. 

This has all been proposed before but floundered due to Ladeside not being keen in letting the community side have access to the pitch and not wanting them to have an input into the running of the club , its worth trying again especially with the situation regarding the pavilion. Traditionally Ladeside have recruited young talent from the Glasgow area juvie clubs but the one time steady stream has reduced to a trickle , Longworth , Erskine , Anderson no more , we could be doing with somebody to replace Gus in regards to this.

It's beneficial to any team to have young hungry players in a squad,big Scott has 28 goals in 13 games this season and around 50 at 21s last year. 6"6 sturdy mobile guy with a real talent. Bringing guys in and improving them is one of the most rewarding things for the fans. It's a positive move in my opinion that we are now looking to do this kind of thing!

1 hour ago, cboats said:

It's beneficial to any team to have young hungry players in a squad,big Scott has 28 goals in 13 games this season and around 50 at 21s last year. 6"6 sturdy mobile guy with a real talent. Bringing guys in and improving them is one of the most rewarding things for the fans. It's a positive move in my opinion that we are now looking to do this kind of thing!

As long as they are quality bud as long as they can make a contribution and not sit on bench all season when they could be playing elsewhere. Don't mind where a player comes from ammie , juvie , junior , senior , Beith ...as long as they are good enough.

Right folks Last man standing 3
Hoping to get this started as early as next week but that depends on all of you . The quicker we get it organised the quicker we can start . Usual means of payment of the £10 entry as in dropping it off at mine or paying into the club account which is A/c name - Kilbirnie Ladeside J F C
Bank - RBS, Kilbirnie
Sort code - 83-23-19
A/c no - 00145373. We had 43 entries the last time & hoping to beat that this time . Message me to let me know you wish to join in

16 hours ago, The chassis said:

How did the boy from Dalry Ammies get on?

Got 7 mins.  Touched the ball 3 times. 2 of them were one touch passes that found there target 3rd touch was a knock on into space. Looked mobile for his size. Not much you can say about that little time 

Archived